Breaking news: Mugabe Wenger to go @ end of the season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Breaking news: Mugabe Wenger to go @ end of the season

Post by The YeyeMan »

theYemster wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Because three FA Cup wins in four years, and a semi final (minimum) appearance in the Europa League is a sign of mediocrity. Give me strength! :roll:
Dude let's try and be objective. Arsenal is down to 6th, from 5th last year, and 33 points off of first place, steadily regressing the past few years save for the one season they were runners up to Leicester, a season where all the top teams had an off year yet Arsenal still couldn't take advantage and win the league. So yes for a club of Arsenal's stature and wealth, it's a mediocre return. Keep in mind this is over a thirteen year spell.

Stop taking a favorable snapshot to further your agenda.
I stated the facts objectively. :D I could equally ask you to stop taking an unfavourable snapshot to suit your agenda. My friend, the problem with many Arsenal fans is that they don't accept the realities of the time. Arsenal will struggle to compete financially with the Manchester clubs and Chelsea. And only one team can win the league. Arsenal have still managed to win trophies in recent years, and have seen more success than clubs like Liverpool and Spurs, and arguably Man United. Arsenal isn't entitled to success and many fans of other leading clubs will be envious of the "mediocrity" that Arsenal have achieved in recent years.

Yes, it was time for Wenger to go. But as I said, the time for bringing up the failings in a 22 year period (who hasn't had failings?!) doesn't seem appropriate at this time. And I strongly suspect things will get a little worse for Arsenal before they get better.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Because three FA Cup wins in four years, and a semi final (minimum) appearance in the Europa League is a sign of mediocrity. Give me strength! :roll:
Dude let's try and be objective. Arsenal is down to 6th, from 5th last year, and 33 points off of first place, steadily regressing the past few years save for the one season they were runners up to Leicester, a season where all the top teams had an off year yet Arsenal still couldn't take advantage and win the league. So yes for a club of Arsenal's stature and wealth, it's a mediocre return. Keep in mind this is over a thirteen year spell.

I stated the facts objectively. :D I could equally ask you to stop taking an unfavourable snapshot to suit your agenda. My friend, the problem with many Arsenal fans is that they don't accept the realities of the time. Arsenal will struggle to compete financially with the Manchester clubs and Chelsea. And only one team can win the league. Arsenal have still managed to win trophies in recent years, and have seen more success than clubs like Liverpool and Spurs, and arguably Man United. Arsenal isn't entitled to success and many fans of other leading clubs will be envious of the "mediocrity" that Arsenal have achieved in recent years.

Yes, it was time for Wenger to go. But as I said, the time for bringing up the failings in a 22 year period (who hasn't had failings?!) doesn't seem appropriate at this time. And I strongly suspect things will get a little worse for Arsenal before they get better.
Your yeyeness, I kpom everything you've written to the yeye degree. :tic:
Imaging the top 6 spending 600m to 1b each but only one EPL trophy available? Goons want success but can't outspend at least 3 clubs in England. They keep pointing at Leicester, yet such lucky hit happens once in a lifetime.
With a small purse and a transition period, this man stabled the goon ship and brought successes along the way. But the taste for bigger meat is irresistible and they may yet be clamouring for the days when they were overfed by the greatest hunter the goons ever knew - Robert Wengerbe
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

pajimoh wrote:Some are concentrating on the negative side of his reign. No matter who you are, life is like a coin, you get two sides. Sweet times and bitter times, positive things and negative occurrences.

This is the time to remember the man for the good things he achieved.

List the number of league titles, cups and years in Europe? Above all the stability, respectability and pride he gave to the club and generation of fans.

He was the manager for a transition period but maybe not for growth period.

In any case, for another manager to better what Wenger achieved, would take monumental successes. That is the worry, the challenge. The ghost of Arsene will haunt that club for a while before the exorcism
Nonsense we can do both just like most media outlets casting the story are doing.

You sound like those "thoughts and prayers" mongs who after another mass shooting say this isn't the time to talk about gun control. This is exactly the time to discuss his legacy, both the good and not so good.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Some are concentrating on the negative side of his reign. No matter who you are, life is like a coin, you get two sides. Sweet times and bitter times, positive things and negative occurrences.

List the number of league titles, cups and years in Europe? Above all the stability, respectability and pride he gave to the club and generation of fans.

In any case, for another manager to better what Wenger achieved, would take monumental successes. That is the worry, the challenge. The ghost of Arsene will haunt that club for a while before the exorcism
Nonsense we can do both just like most media outlets casting the story are doing.

You sound like those "thoughts and prayers" mongs who after another mass shooting say this isn't the time to talk about gun control. This is exactly the time to discuss his legacy, both the good and not so good.
It's the nonsense that has led to this thread, his final season. Now that he's leaving, just thank him for the sweet memories and concentrate on what to expect in the future.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Coach wrote:Sources, of questionable credibility, claiming Robert was told to step down or suffer the indignity of being sacked. Surely not. Granted Wengabe had earned the right to fired but does Beloved have the cajones for such Machiavellianism? Hard to believe.
:lol:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Yes, Waffib, Nkume, et al.

Arsenal won FA Cuos, trophies yes but not major trophies that top clubs aspire to win. With regards to competing financially, the excuse doesn't fly the past few seasons. Compare the cost of Aguerro, Sterling, Sane with Laca, Alexis/Auba, and Welbeck. Compare the cost of De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandino, with Özil, Mikhi/Walcott, Xhaka. Compare the cost of Kompany, Stones, Otamendi with Mustafi, KOS. Do the same with the Chelsea title winning team...Conte bought like three players. Let's not even start with Leicester. Arsenal had also spent money but bought underperforming players.

Listen I have no problem with paying tribute to Wenger cos he deserves it but I don't believe we should censor ourselves and try to put lipstick on a pig. It's not like we're criticizing Wenger to his face or he is on this forum reading. Yes face to face with Wenger it's probably more respectful to hold back on the criticisms but certainly not here.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Please continue to educate. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have been saying things like this for years on various Arsenal threads. It is nice to see a proper football man say it too.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:

It's the nonsense that has led to this thread, his final season. Now that he's leaving, just thank him for the sweet memories and concentrate on what to expect in the future.
Why? Is he reading what were posting here? If yes then okay. But if no then its rubbish talk. Doing what you're suggesting is more for your benefit (and others like you to make you feel good) than Wenger's. For all he knows and cares I could call him the spawn of Satan and he would never know...nor would it make a difference to his life.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Why? Is he reading what were posting here? If yes then okay. But if no then its rubbish talk. Doing what you're suggesting is more for your benefit (and others like you to make you feel good) than Wenger's. For all he knows and cares I could call him the spawn of Satan and he would never know...nor would it make a difference to his life.
:clap: :clap:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Imaging the top 6 spending 600m to 1b each but only one EPL trophy available? Goons want success but can't outspend at least 3 clubs in England. They keep pointing at Leicester, yet such lucky hit happens once in a lifetime.
With a small purse and a transition period, this man stabled the goon ship and brought successes along the way. But the taste for bigger meat is irresistible and they may yet be clamouring for the days when they were overfed by the greatest hunter the goons ever knew - Robert Wengerbe
This! From a Spurs fan. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reminds me of my Spurs neighbour who joined me last night in celebrating, but he was about the departure of Wenger. He said to me, now you are going to be like us. Your genius is gone, the Spurs killer is gone. He meant every word. He reminded me of what Spurs and Arsenal were like before Wenger, then added, Wenger took Arsenal to another level and left us behind. I can't see that continuing and happening again in my life time.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

theYemster wrote:
mcal wrote:...the beginning of the end of the club known as Arsenal. Mid table to relegation battle :shock: :scared:
Psst, Arsenal is already mid-table.
...they won't have Wenger to push around anymore when they start sliding. And he will be asking, 'do y'all miss me' :laugh:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
theYemster wrote:

This! From a Spurs fan. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reminds me of my Spurs neighbour who joined me last night in celebrating, but he was about the departure of Wenger. He said to me, now you are going to be like us. Your genius is gone, the Spurs killer is gone. He meant every word. He reminded me of what Spurs and Arsenal were like before Wenger, then added, Wenger took Arsenal to another level and left us behind. I can't see that continuing and happening again in my life time.
it is what it is.........afc for life :thumb: :thumb:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

What did they achieve? Nothing. Their nonsense on social media made no difference. The people who made the difference are those who pay their money to go to the stadium. I believe when some stopped coming, it influenced Wenger's decision. I could be wrong but I have said this many times here before. I banged on about the paying fans who go to the stadium having the real power to influence decisions. I believe the minority who stopped coming infuenced Wenger. Of course there are other factors too.

I also said results will decide Wenger's faith. At home he has gotten the result but away from home he has not.

I don't see why they are gloating. There is nothing to gloat about because they have contributed nothing to the man deciding to leave. Why beat your chest celebrating something that you did not achieve or contributed to?

Now the man has gone, let's see if things will be better. The BBC reminds us all of how many major trophies he won. Hopefully, the next man can win something. But with Wenger's budget, I doubt it.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:

He doesn't have to read what is written here. Once he's agreed to go, even the "Wenger Out" crew have laid down their weapons knowing they've achieved their aim.
You're still fighting a battle that's already won.
Even reporters, who hardly cares what happens in club except for their own gains, are looking and reminiscing about his greatest moments and "best 11".
You can carry on lamenting until he leaves and even further until your new manager starts winning things or you can look at his best moments and your hope for the future. But knowing you, you'll still be holding a "Wenger Out" placard :tic:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:

He doesn't have to read what is written here. Once he's agreed to go, even the "Wenger Out" crew have laid down their weapons knowing they've achieved their aim.
Even reporters, who hardly cares what happens in club except for their own gains, are looking and reminiscing about his greatest moments and "best 11".
You can carry on lamenting until he leaves and even further until your new manager starts winning things or you can look at his best moments and your hope for the future. But knowing you, you'll still be holding a "Wenger Out" placard :tic:
What battle am I fighting? By discussing his legacy? Dude please. When Fergie retired people paid tribute to him and still talked about Fergie Time and his influence on the likes of Howard Webb. The thread is there...look it up. When Mourinho left Chelsea people praised and others criticized him. Tinkerman got sacked at Chelsea and Leicester after winning them their only EPL title...people praised and criticize him also. What's the big deal? Wenger's not a god. No one stops you from focusing on his good deeds...Others can focus on both if they so desire. No one is lamenting, we're discussing his legacy cos he's stepping down, he didn't die. Add you can't force people to only say what you wanna hear. It's not like we're attacking people for paying him tribute; i just call out lies and misrepresentations and delusion...usually by Waffib.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:

What battle am I fighting? By discussing his legacy? Dude please. When Fergie retired people paid tribute to him and still talked about Fergie Time and his influence on the likes of Howard Webb. The thread is there...look it up. When Mourinho left Chelsea people praised and others criticized him. Tinkerman got sacked at Chelsea and Leicester after winning them their only EPL title...people praised and criticize him also. What's the big deal? Wenger's not a god. No one stops you from focusing on his good deeds...Others can focus on both if they so desire. No one is lamenting, we're discussing his legacy cos he's stepping down, he didn't die. Add you can't force people to only say what you wanna hear. It's not like we're attacking people for paying him tribute; i just call out lies and misrepresentations and delusion...usually by Waffib.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

why are some people taking this Wenger thing personal?The man has done a good job and was well paid for it and also has some failures that people look at it as reason he should have left long time.
I remember mostly beloved fans calling Sir Alex Ojoro coach that bully referee when he retired and no one take it personal as we all :clap: :clap: :clap: what he has done for Manu and EPL.No one was dissing him but also points some of his weakness how Manu will suffer now that he is gone no ref to bail them out with 'fergie time.

So why all this cry like Wenger was working for free?Respect to the man and i know those who w anted him out love him but think the game has left him.Likes of A.Madrid compete with Barca and Real and spend less.Arsenal is not improving and Arsenal have spend decent money on players and playing worst.No signs of t he team getting better.
Thanks for the good time Wenger you over stay your time and it was nice to have you as beloved coach for the first 11years after that i think you over stay lie to the fans and cover for crooks that now push you out.
Hope you go coach PSG and win CL or go coach France national team and win world cup.We will build a stand for you and hope you take those that pretend to be a fan but Arsene fan with you
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Wenger admits that the timing of his departure was not really his decision
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Why una chase this great man comot Arsenal?

Good luck to him. He had a great time at Arsenal. He should go rest and enjoy his family.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Why would Wenger base his actions of the moans of the minortiy when there are scores of thousands, True Goons, jubilate deo’ing to his name in the bars before the games...How irrelevant has this rendered their chorus? A convenient excuse perhaps. Wenger was stepping down in acceptance of his obsolescence, the claims of being chased out it just bitterness of the old man.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »