Breaking news: Mugabe Wenger to go @ end of the season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Breaking news: Mugabe Wenger to go @ end of the season

Post by Waffiman »

Alas, there goes my football hero.

Arsenal became a loved and respected club by neutrals and even some detractors because of Arsene Wenger and the values he personified; beautiful football, class, honesty, loyalty and consistency.

He transformed AFC into a modern colossus and his imprint will remain on English and World football for ages.

Au revoir Arsene. Thanks for the wonderful memories. :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:Alas, there goes my football hero.

Arsenal became a loved and respected club by neutrals and even some detractors because of Arsene Wenger and the values he personified; beautiful football, class, honesty, loyalty and consistency.

He transformed AFC into a modern colossus and his imprint will remain on English and World football for ages.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I did not zee that
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

toyin133 wrote:

Did you zee this? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

⚽ Premier League wins:

✅ Arsene Wenger: 473
❌ Tottenham: 420

Don't let me start with your miserable loser of a club.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

Did you zee this? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

⚽ Premier League wins:

✅ Arsene Wenger: 473
❌ Tottenham: 420

Don't let me start with your miserable loser of a club.
Kpele. I know you are hurting right now, but the pain will pass. :D
ps Football did not start with the Premier league
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Arsenal once again shows it is run by accountants.

Once those empty seats became a mainstay and club paraphernalia wasn't selling as much... it was time to lead the old geezer to pasture.

I remember years ago telling Waffi and Robby on this site that the reason why Arsenal wasn't spending big wasn't because of no damn stadium... they are a bottomline club. When you spend big on players, you demand results... back-to-back missing out on 4th place trophy after spending on players is enough to send Wenger packing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cellular wrote:Arsenal once again shows it is run by accountants.

Once those empty seats became a mainstay and club paraphernalia wasn't selling as much... it was time to lead the old geezer to pasture.

I remember years ago telling Waffi and Robby on this site that the reason why Arsenal wasn't spending big wasn't because of no damn stadium... they are a bottomline club. When you spend big on players, you demand results... back-to-back missing out on 4th place trophy after spending on players is enough to send Wenger packing.
This was why for the past few years i didn't want Arsenel to qualify for the CL. Cos i felt missing out was the only way change would occur. I didn't see the point in us qualifying for a tourney we were always getting bounced out of early just to line the pockets of people who weren't going to invest it in significantly improving the team. We were just running around in circles chasing our tail taking one step forward and one and a half steps backwards.

It only took one and a half season of missing out on the CL for the managerial change to happen. Things had to get worse for it to hopefully get better.

Thanks Aesene but you overstayed your welcome.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

pajimoh wrote:Terrible news.
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I don't like the Arse, but part of me would like to see them win the Europa as a fitting send-off for Wenger.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

YemiBrazil wrote::evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :curse: :curse:
:laugh:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

I don’t think anti Wenger folks can celebrate until you find out who they’ve lined up to replace him
It could be another moyes man United scenario
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

He was a good coach but I am not gonna lie, this is a very good development. Now Arsenal need to go get Pochetino and watch Spurs cry into their drinks. :D
Last edited by Cito on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:I don't like the Arse, but part of me would like to see them win the Europa as a fitting send-off for Wenger.
Wishes.
Horses.
Beggars.
Ride.

And backdoor into Champions League?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

smartbrother wrote:I don’t think anti Wenger folks can celebrate until you find out who they’ve lined up to replace him
It could be another moyes man United scenario
Brendan fuckin rogers
The good thing is that will finally prove that they have been using wengabe as a human shield.
In the short term it will be disastrous but the good thing is it will finally prove what some(myself included) have been saying that that board is nothing but a den of incompetency. There wont be anybody to hide behind this time

Win win in the long term
Incompetent manager gone
Incompetent board finally seen for what they are
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nonsense a club run by accountants would not pay a loser with no suitors or leverage 400k per week. Abeg make we hear word.

The man had had enough .... Good luck to the old man ja re
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It took 4 years of me refusing to buy the jersey lol. I am a fan of Wenger. He is a great manager. But it was time. He should have stepped down after the FA cup victory. I even opened a thread on that. The likes of Waffi and Skylolo were attacking me. They said I was a hater. It is actually the opossite. Wenger is the reason why I am an Arsenal fan.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

anikulapo wrote:

Nonsense a club run by accountants would not pay a loser with no suitors or leverage 400k per week. Abeg make we hear word.

While he bore some responsibility for some of the malaise at the club, I will channel what Steve Bould and others have said and it’s that Wenger has had to bear the cross for a lot of incompetence at this club. Well I guess they will not have Arsene to blame any more.

The man had had enough .... Good luck to the old man ja re
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

WOW, had to happen at some point, but I thought he would be able to leave on his own terms...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

It was always coming sooner rather than later. Best of luck to him. The greatest manager Arsenal ever had by a country mile. There's a time for everything and his time to go had come.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

if you stay too long for inside pit latrine, nah so different kind of flies go dey land on you :lol: Tufiakwa Arsene :rotf:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theYemster wrote:Waffib can follow him. :)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:It was always coming sooner rather than later. Best of luck to him. The greatest manager Arsenal ever had by a country mile. There's a time for everything and his time to go had come.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:

It took 4 years of me refusing to buy the jersey lol. I am a fan of Wenger. He is a great manager. But it was time. He should have stepped down after the FA cup victory. I even opened a thread on that. The likes of Waffi and Skylolo were attacking me. They said I was a hater. It is actually the opossite. Wenger is the reason why I am an Arsenal fan.
Yeah that must've been it. :)

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

cic old boy wrote:I don't like the Arse, but part of me would like to see them win the Europa as a fitting send-off for Wenger.
What part of you is that?

I fear that if Arsenel win the Europa the prisoner of the moment syndrome could just make them ask him to stay on.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯