Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Portuguese coach writes off Nigeria's chances of reaching World Cup knock-out stage - See more at: https://goo.gl/7ktRQN

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:04 pm
Posts: 535
Location: london
the man should shut up and worry about Morocco!!!

_________________
thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44825
Good. I hope more managers write us off. Nothing wrong and there is no insult in what he said. It's his own opinion.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31069
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Insult Nigeria tire? :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16545
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Quote:
"We know that we’re not the favourites and we accept the favouritism of the other teams but that doesn’t mean we don’t have ambition and the clear goal of going into each match to win. I don’t have the intention of thinking we’re better than everyone else, but we believe greatly in our quality and know we’ll be difficult to beat,” Mr Santos added.


The quote above by Portugal's coach reflects exactly how the African sides feel after reading his rubbish.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44029
Famous last words. I suspect Morocco will get out of his group

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20693
Location: Ukwuani
... and we (African teams) know we are not the favourites either, but we have the confidence, belief and capability to upset some teams in any day. That is my prediction.

Someone should please help me send my prediction to the coach

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16545
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Odas wrote:
... and we (African teams) know we are not the favourites either, but we have the confidence, belief and capability to upset some teams in any day. That is my prediction.

Someone should please help me send my prediction to the coach


KPOM.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 98
Depth is critical to a team’s success at the WC. In the last two outings, both coaches have gone to the WC without any depth. In 2010, we lacked Uche who had just recovered from injury and could have given us that additional quality upfront (i.e. Yak’s infamous missed seater comes to mind). In 2014, Keshi abandoned players like Uche, Brown, Joel Obi for some “Hey Yous” and we saw what happened. This time around again, the same thing might happen -- if we don’t take the likes of Onyekuru, Enyeama, and Aluko to the big dance. What we have to remember is that even if these players don’t start, their quality skill sets and confidence level can make the difference when they come in as subs –- and it is this type of depth that makes a difference when you are approaching the knockout stages.
I’m saying it here, and unequivocally –- if Rohr takes the three aforementioned players, SE will make it into the knockout stages and this Portuguese coach will be forced to eat humble pie!

Imagine this squad:
Uzoho, Enyeama, Akpeyi (or Ezenwa if he recovers in time), Balogun, Troost Ekong, Aina, Omeruo, Idowu, Ebuehi, Ogu, Onazi, Mikel, Joel Obi, Ndidi, Michael Agu, Aluko, Etebo, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Kelechi, Iwobi, Ighalo, Onyekuru.

If you look at the composition of this squad – you will find that we have strong fast wingers of both left and right footed players, good defense, nice AM/DM mix, fast young players, and a big target in the middle anchored by a seasoned AM/DM (Mikel). When you now factor individual talent, good camp time, with no “bonus drama issues” from the NFA, dynamic coaching, and effective psychological boost from team motivator -- these boys will shock a lot of teams, yes!

WC is not about the best players in the world, but about the best assembled teams, superior coaching strategies, equanimity, hunger, and who has the most desire on the field of play in every given match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 4895
Location: Ajegunle
Morocco has stitched up Portugal in the world cup before. A word is enough for the wise.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 4895
Location: Ajegunle
Soccernut, I agree with on Aluko and Enyeama but Onyekuru...I don't know. He reminds me of Obasi a bit of a flash in the pan.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 98
Soccernut, I agree with on Aluko and Enyeama but Onyekuru...I don't know. He reminds me of Obasi a bit of a flash in the pan.

Onyekuru has tremendous speed especially from the flanks, ample dribbling skills, and has scored 22 goals this season. These are important skill sets that this current team lacks in one player. Once you get used to scoring constantly (Onyekuru - 0.58 per game), it becomes second to nature, and for this reason, I believe he brings much needed arsenal to SE. We need a forward with composure and a good eye for goal. If he is fit, I believe he could be the missing link.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 7277
soccernut wrote:
Depth is critical to a team’s success at the WC. In the last two outings, both coaches have gone to the WC without any depth. In 2010, we lacked Uche who had just recovered from injury and could have given us that additional quality upfront (i.e. Yak’s infamous missed seater comes to mind). In 2014, Keshi abandoned players like Uche, Brown, Joel Obi for some “Hey Yous” and we saw what happened. This time around again, the same thing might happen -- if we don’t take the likes of Onyekuru, Enyeama, and Aluko to the big dance. What we have to remember is that even if these players don’t start, their quality skill sets and confidence level can make the difference when they come in as subs –- and it is this type of depth that makes a difference when you are approaching the knockout stages.
I’m saying it here, and unequivocally –- if Rohr takes the three aforementioned players, SE will make it into the knockout stages and this Portuguese coach will be forced to eat humble pie!

Imagine this squad:
Uzoho, Enyeama, Akpeyi (or Ezenwa if he recovers in time), Balogun, Troost Ekong, Aina, Omeruo, Idowu, Ebuehi, Ogu, Onazi, Mikel, Joel Obi, Ndidi, Michael Agu, Aluko, Etebo, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Kelechi, Iwobi, Ighalo, Onyekuru.

If you look at the composition of this squad – you will find that we have strong fast wingers of both left and right footed players, good defense, nice AM/DM mix, fast young players, and a big target in the middle anchored by a seasoned AM/DM (Mikel). When you now factor individual talent, good camp time, with no “bonus drama issues” from the NFA, dynamic coaching, and effective psychological boost from team motivator -- these boys will shock a lot of teams, yes!

WC is not about the best players in the world, but about the best assembled teams, superior coaching strategies, equanimity, hunger, and who has the most desire on the field of play in every given match.

Aluko has no place in our squad and Shehu is a definite. Don't even want to enter the Enyeama debate

_________________
To stop trying is to start dying
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:27 am
Posts: 13023
we have no depth....happy to see us reach 2nd round anything else is a bonus

_________________
Quote:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15596
soccernut wrote:
Soccernut, I agree with on Aluko and Enyeama but Onyekuru...I don't know. He reminds me of Obasi a bit of a flash in the pan.

Onyekuru has tremendous speed especially from the flanks, ample dribbling skills, and has scored 22 goals this season. These are important skill sets that this current team lacks in one player. Once you get used to scoring constantly (Onyekuru - 0.58 per game), it becomes second to nature, and for this reason, I believe he brings much needed arsenal to SE. We need a forward with composure and a good eye for goal. If he is fit, I believe he could be the missing link.



You’re nuts! I guess onyekuru’s inability to defend from the flanks is something we’ll just pretend doesn’t exist. :roll:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25647
Aluko and Enyema not going to world cup.. Onyekwuru is good, but not a starter.. Odion and Kele are tops.

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 647
Onyekuru is a must. Other than Moses and possibly Etebo, no other Nigeria player can do an Amokachie (Yes not a Messi) and start a run outside the box run into the box and get hacked down for a penalty. Iwobi may attempt to do so but he will get into the box while the ball stays outside the box. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Posts: 24811
Location: Copacabana
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Portuguese coach writes off Nigeria's chances of reaching World Cup knock-out stage - See more at: https://goo.gl/7ktRQN

When and where was this statement made???

_________________
Image
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES - Fly Above the Storm!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 am
Posts: 14464
Location: Away from Nigeria
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Portuguese coach writes off Nigeria's chances of reaching World Cup knock-out stage - See more at: https://goo.gl/7ktRQN

When and where was this statement made???

Yea I wonder :blink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 19743
Location: Chiraq
the rest of the article is fake ayo news...

“For me, the favourites are Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina and France,” the 63-year-old told Blog Ora Bolas. “I say this due to the enormous strength in depth they have and the extraordinary quality of their teams, in addition to their experience on the big stages and success.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=201 ... rites.html

_________________
Image
Saints baby we did it

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Last edited by King Futcha on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44825
King Futcha wrote:
who did he say this to? ayo?



Queenie!!! sup kid? He gave the interview to AYo personally.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 19743
Location: Chiraq
metalalloy wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
who did he say this to? ayo?



Queenie!!! sup kid? He gave the interview to AYo personally.


hello co-signing luigi.

_________________
Image
Saints baby we did it

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44825
King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
who did he say this to? ayo?



Queenie!!! sup kid? He gave the interview to AYo personally.


hello co-signing luigi.


:agree:

Eh... what happened to your Sevilla crew yesterday?

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group