Chei Portugal's coach don insult Super Eagles tire

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Chei Portugal's coach don insult Super Eagles tire

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Portuguese coach writes off Nigeria's chances of reaching World Cup knock-out stage - See more at: https://goo.gl/7ktRQN
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg
Re: Chei Portugal's coach don insult Super Eagles tire

Post by delisyomie don »

the man should shut up and worry about Morocco!!!
thanks
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Good. I hope more managers write us off. Nothing wrong and there is no insult in what he said. It's his own opinion.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Insult Nigeria tire? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

"We know that we’re not the favourites and we accept the favouritism of the other teams but that doesn’t mean we don’t have ambition and the clear goal of going into each match to win. I don’t have the intention of thinking we’re better than everyone else, but we believe greatly in our quality and know we’ll be difficult to beat,” Mr Santos added.
The quote above by Portugal's coach reflects exactly how the African sides feel after reading his rubbish.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Famous last words. I suspect Morocco will get out of his group
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... and we (African teams) know we are not the favourites either, but we have the confidence, belief and capability to upset some teams in any day. That is my prediction.

Someone should please help me send my prediction to the coach
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:... and we (African teams) know we are not the favourites either, but we have the confidence, belief and capability to upset some teams in any day. That is my prediction.

Someone should please help me send my prediction to the coach
KPOM.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

Depth is critical to a team’s success at the WC. In the last two outings, both coaches have gone to the WC without any depth. In 2010, we lacked Uche who had just recovered from injury and could have given us that additional quality upfront (i.e. Yak’s infamous missed seater comes to mind). In 2014, Keshi abandoned players like Uche, Brown, Joel Obi for some “Hey Yous” and we saw what happened. This time around again, the same thing might happen -- if we don’t take the likes of Onyekuru, Enyeama, and Aluko to the big dance. What we have to remember is that even if these players don’t start, their quality skill sets and confidence level can make the difference when they come in as subs –- and it is this type of depth that makes a difference when you are approaching the knockout stages.
I’m saying it here, and unequivocally –- if Rohr takes the three aforementioned players, SE will make it into the knockout stages and this Portuguese coach will be forced to eat humble pie!

Imagine this squad:
Uzoho, Enyeama, Akpeyi (or Ezenwa if he recovers in time), Balogun, Troost Ekong, Aina, Omeruo, Idowu, Ebuehi, Ogu, Onazi, Mikel, Joel Obi, Ndidi, Michael Agu, Aluko, Etebo, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Kelechi, Iwobi, Ighalo, Onyekuru.

If you look at the composition of this squad – you will find that we have strong fast wingers of both left and right footed players, good defense, nice AM/DM mix, fast young players, and a big target in the middle anchored by a seasoned AM/DM (Mikel). When you now factor individual talent, good camp time, with no “bonus drama issues” from the NFA, dynamic coaching, and effective psychological boost from team motivator -- these boys will shock a lot of teams, yes!

WC is not about the best players in the world, but about the best assembled teams, superior coaching strategies, equanimity, hunger, and who has the most desire on the field of play in every given match.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Morocco has stitched up Portugal in the world cup before. A word is enough for the wise.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Soccernut, I agree with on Aluko and Enyeama but Onyekuru...I don't know. He reminds me of Obasi a bit of a flash in the pan.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

Soccernut, I agree with on Aluko and Enyeama but Onyekuru...I don't know. He reminds me of Obasi a bit of a flash in the pan.

Onyekuru has tremendous speed especially from the flanks, ample dribbling skills, and has scored 22 goals this season. These are important skill sets that this current team lacks in one player. Once you get used to scoring constantly (Onyekuru - 0.58 per game), it becomes second to nature, and for this reason, I believe he brings much needed arsenal to SE. We need a forward with composure and a good eye for goal. If he is fit, I believe he could be the missing link.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

soccernut wrote:Depth is critical to a team’s success at the WC. In the last two outings, both coaches have gone to the WC without any depth. In 2010, we lacked Uche who had just recovered from injury and could have given us that additional quality upfront (i.e. Yak’s infamous missed seater comes to mind). In 2014, Keshi abandoned players like Uche, Brown, Joel Obi for some “Hey Yous” and we saw what happened. This time around again, the same thing might happen -- if we don’t take the likes of Onyekuru, Enyeama, and Aluko to the big dance. What we have to remember is that even if these players don’t start, their quality skill sets and confidence level can make the difference when they come in as subs –- and it is this type of depth that makes a difference when you are approaching the knockout stages.
I’m saying it here, and unequivocally –- if Rohr takes the three aforementioned players, SE will make it into the knockout stages and this Portuguese coach will be forced to eat humble pie!

Imagine this squad:
Uzoho, Enyeama, Akpeyi (or Ezenwa if he recovers in time), Balogun, Troost Ekong, Aina, Omeruo, Idowu, Ebuehi, Ogu, Onazi, Mikel, Joel Obi, Ndidi, Michael Agu, Aluko, Etebo, Moses Simon, Victor Moses, Kelechi, Iwobi, Ighalo, Onyekuru.

If you look at the composition of this squad – you will find that we have strong fast wingers of both left and right footed players, good defense, nice AM/DM mix, fast young players, and a big target in the middle anchored by a seasoned AM/DM (Mikel). When you now factor individual talent, good camp time, with no “bonus drama issues” from the NFA, dynamic coaching, and effective psychological boost from team motivator -- these boys will shock a lot of teams, yes!

WC is not about the best players in the world, but about the best assembled teams, superior coaching strategies, equanimity, hunger, and who has the most desire on the field of play in every given match.
Aluko has no place in our squad and Shehu is a definite. Don't even want to enter the Enyeama debate
To stop trying is to start dying
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

we have no depth....happy to see us reach 2nd round anything else is a bonus
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

soccernut wrote:Soccernut, I agree with on Aluko and Enyeama but Onyekuru...I don't know. He reminds me of Obasi a bit of a flash in the pan.

Onyekuru has tremendous speed especially from the flanks, ample dribbling skills, and has scored 22 goals this season. These are important skill sets that this current team lacks in one player. Once you get used to scoring constantly (Onyekuru - 0.58 per game), it becomes second to nature, and for this reason, I believe he brings much needed arsenal to SE. We need a forward with composure and a good eye for goal. If he is fit, I believe he could be the missing link.

You’re nuts! I guess onyekuru’s inability to defend from the flanks is something we’ll just pretend doesn’t exist. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Aluko and Enyema not going to world cup.. Onyekwuru is good, but not a starter.. Odion and Kele are tops.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Onyekuru is a must. Other than Moses and possibly Etebo, no other Nigeria player can do an Amokachie (Yes not a Messi) and start a run outside the box run into the box and get hacked down for a penalty. Iwobi may attempt to do so but he will get into the box while the ball stays outside the box. :)
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Portuguese coach writes off Nigeria's chances of reaching World Cup knock-out stage - See more at: https://goo.gl/7ktRQN
When and where was this statement made???
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Portuguese coach writes off Nigeria's chances of reaching World Cup knock-out stage - See more at: https://goo.gl/7ktRQN
When and where was this statement made???
Yea I wonder :blink:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

the rest of the article is fake ayo news...

“For me, the favourites are Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina and France,” the 63-year-old told Blog Ora Bolas. “I say this due to the enormous strength in depth they have and the extraordinary quality of their teams, in addition to their experience on the big stages and success.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=201 ... rites.html
Last edited by King Futcha on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:who did he say this to? ayo?

Queenie!!! sup kid? He gave the interview to AYo personally.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:

hello co-signing luigi.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

hello co-signing luigi.
:agree:

Eh... what happened to your Sevilla crew yesterday?