Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm 

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:49 pm 

Haha talk about backing up your ballsy move

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Enugu II wrote:

How was this possible? :???: :shock:

To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:32 pm 

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Amo was one of several players warming up. Royle wanted to make a substitution but wanted to bring in another player. But he turned his back. Amo, noticing his coach turned his back, went to the official and got himself subbed in. When the coach realized, Amo was on the pitch.

That's the kind of move that can get a player fired. But it all turned out great :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:42 pm 

deanotito wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Amo was one of several players warming up. Royle wanted to make a substitution but wanted to bring in another player. But he turned his back. Amo, noticing his coach turned his back, went to the official and got himself subbed in. When the coach realized, Amo was on the pitch.

That's the kind of move that can get a player fired. But it all turned out great :D :D :D

Wow, na risky move by Amokachi that turned out ok. However??????

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 pm 

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Cell,

That is exactly how I felt when I saw this. Na real wa!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:49 pm 

....so as recent as 1995 the English league was still primitive, that they don't give the name of subbing players to the ref or 4th official :laugh:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 pm 

I guess Royle took the credit for the tactical move.

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:27 pm 

mcal wrote:
....so as recent as 1995 the English league was still primitive, that they don't give the name of subbing players to the ref or 4th official :laugh:

See deanotito's post above.

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:59 pm 

mcal wrote:

You do know that 1995 is 23 years ago? That is more than 'recent'.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:31 pm 

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Cell,

EII and Cell, this is common knowledge. I am surprised you guys didn’t know this.

Amo also had the distinct honor of being the scorer of the first goal in CL history

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:38 pm 

oloye wrote:
I guess Royle took the credit for the tactical move.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I bet he would have!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:40 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Cell,

EII and Cell, this is common knowledge. I am surprised you guys didn’t know this.

Amo also had the distinct honor of being the scorer of the first goal in CL history

Chief,

I knew of the second but not the first. I laff tire oo! As Oloye stated, the coach would have claimed that his tactics worked to perfection and we would of course swallow the claim!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:49 pm 

Dan the Bull has always been a confident guy. Even till this day, watch his current day interviews he always has this self belief that borders on pride but not crossing that pride line. This was the group from 94 that knew no fear and you see it in his gait and how he pounces on and drives the ball. For a coach and the Nigerian camp, it was for a better, for worse during that "mafia" era. This was one of the many mafia moves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:45 pm 

Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Wow, na risky move by Amokachi that turned out ok. However??????

that was 100% impulsive act - residue of internalized behaviors at pick-up games in Nigeria ( watch your suppressed past it might jump out of you sometime)

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:49 pm 

The YeyeMan wrote:
mcal wrote:

See deanotito's post above.
..."the coach turn around, Amo went to the official and was subbed" does that mean all the players warming up have their name slip in hand to present?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:52 pm 

SylverEagles wrote:
mcal wrote:

You do know that 1995 is 23 years ago? That is more than 'recent'.
...I still remember where I was and what I was doing back then. Still enjoying the euphoria of SE 1994 USA wc :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:40 am 

Günter Netzer did the same in the early 70s. It was his last game for the club before moving to Real Madrid. It was the German cup final, the score was 1:1 after regular time. He subbed himself in and scored the winning goal as his club won 2-1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:07 am 

kofi86 wrote:
Günter Netzer did the same in the early 70s. It was his last game for the club before moving to Real Madrid. It was the German cup final, the score was 1:1 after regular time. He subbed himself in and scored the winning goal as his club won 2-1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:20 am 

dude has size o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:35 pm 

(Harrysong) Dan Amokachi the bull... the bull!..the bull!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:13 pm 

As a current coach I wonder what he would do if his player disobeyed him like that but went on to prove it was the right decision...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:49 pm 

He subbed him self without his name being sent to the 4th official? Is it possible to a sub to be made without a player(s) name being sent to the 4th official?