Luis Enrique set to take over Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Luis Enrique set to take over Arsenal

Post by smartbrother »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eason.html
:blink: :blink:

Arsene Wenger OUT... Luis Enrique IN: On an extraordinary day, Arsenal’s legendary manager is forced out after 22 years – and former Barcelona boss is ready to take the reins
Luis Enrique is set to take charge of Arsenal at the end of the season
Enrique is available to become manager once Arsene Wenger departs
The former Barcelona boss has been in discussion with Arsenal chiefs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z5DFK81RBx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Luis Enrique set to take over Arsenal

Post by oloye »

I have my doubts about Enrique being the right fit for Arsenal. Wenger's boot will be too big to fill. But hey you never know.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

You mean say they didn't even call Sunday oliseh
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

MAYBE IT'S JUSTIFIED, BUT...

...what does this EPL fascination with foreign coaches say about their British counterparts? You hardly see the other leagues seeking out British coaches. Is this justified or just a fad? And it seems the IC's are taking it without any protests. Please, don't remind me that the clubs are private entities since I'm well aware of that.
Bell
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:I have my doubts about Enrique being the right fit for Arsenal. Wenger's boot will be too big to fill. But hey you never know.
Coaching Barca is not the same like coachign other clubs.Messi and co make this clown look good.
Hope he surprise everyone but i will like manager that speak English sha,
I will take that Monaco coach before this guy if he is available
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bell wrote:MAYBE IT'S JUSTIFIED, BUT...

...what does this EPL fascination with foreign coaches say about their British counterparts? You hardly see the other leagues seeking out British coaches. Is this justified or just a fad? And it seems the IC's are taking it without any protests. Please, don't remind me that the clubs are private entities since I'm well aware of that.
Bell
1. Most of the EPL top clubs are foreign-owned.
2. The EPL is now a global brand with some clubs not even featuring English players.
3. Very few English coaches are as good as their foreign counterparts. It's only in recent times that English football started insisting on professional coaching qualifications as a requirement to coach. In France, you not only had to get a Uefa Pro Licence, but also a teaching certificate - coaching is really teaching. In England you just became a "manager" after playing. In Italy, the FA's centre of excellence - Coverciano - is like a university where coaches are trained as you would expect in any other serious profession. Their library still contains theses from the likes of Capello, Ancelotti, etc.
4. Money. The richest league in the world is unlikely to want to settle for 2nd best in coaching. They go out and buy the best and the best isn't English.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Fake news
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:I have my doubts about Enrique being the right fit for Arsenal. Wenger's boot will be too big to fill. But hey you never know.
Coaching Barca is not the same like coachign other clubs.Messi and co make this clown look good.
Same thing was said to denigrate Pep Guardiola's achievements and we both know that is not true.
If it is true the likes of Gerardo Martino would have performed better than they did whilst there.
The pressure of managing the likes of Barca/real madrid is far much more than managing the arsenal's of this world....elite players need to be challenged....you are required to find a way of massaging their egos as well as convincing them to buy onto your methods....you need to be tactically sharp, firm and smart enough to make sure they get what you are really trying to imply and apply it on the field
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Mzekezeke wrote:Fake news

Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!

How can you?.......John shoes Moshoeu and Fani Didiza Madida should be on that list
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This is because Raul Sanllehi is at the club. So it is 2+2=5.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Same thing was said to denigrate Pep Guardiola's achievements and we both know that is not true.
If it is true the likes of Gerardo Martino would have performed better than they did whilst there.
The pressure of managing the likes of Barca/real madrid is far much more than managing the arsenal's of this world....elite players need to be challenged....you are required to find a way of massaging their egos as well as convincing them to buy onto your methods....you need to be tactically sharp, firm and smart enough to make sure they get what you are really trying to imply and apply it on the field
I dont know why you are trying hard to debate this but let me explain it to you
1)Coaching Barca is not the same like coaching likes of Arsenal because he will not look good at Arsenal like he did at Barca this guy is been even consider because he coach barca and won league and CL not because he is better than others that never coach likes of barca.
2)Yes the pressure of managing likes of Real and Barca is more but the chances of wining with them is high.You have the quality of players,best players in the world and your job is easier as they are better than the team you face.
3)Pep is a good coach but since he left barca he is yet to win cL like he did at Barca in his first seasona dn win it twice.He went to Bayern that won everything he still did not match that.He left Barca and Barca has won everything that he won and so far they are unbeaten in the league.Are those barca manager after Pep better than Pep?No but some they have won league and CL.
4)Dont tell me Zidan would have won those trophies at Real if he had coach Arsenal.
Even Pep at City has to s pend crazy money to get his qualities.I can tell you if he was still at Barca he would have won like two more CL.