SE attack and new invites

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
SE attack and new invites

Post by chief nfachairman »

As we approach the world cup, our defense and midfield personnel is almost a done deal. Where I have some concern is the attack. Striking position and bak ups wingers are weak. Rohr would go with 7 in the attack: 2 strikers, 1 support striker and 4 wingers (1 or 2 like Iwobi can also support strike).

Def on the plane
V.moses: done deal
Iwobi: done deal. If we get a capable winger and backup, Rohr would move him back to AM.
Musa: we need his experience and he's back to form. Rohr would never drop him. Done deal.
Nacho: he also has Rohr's naked pics. His stepped up his game time at Leicester tho. Done deal.

Jury still out
Ighalo: none goalscoring striker? I doubt rohr likes that. Against Serbia Rohr tried a none ighalo attack. he is playing in a very useless league as said by Tevez. If we get 2 strikers better than Dalo, he would be in Naij during the wc but i doubt we would.
Simon Moses: I dunno. I think we can get better options.

A shot on the plane to Russia
This leaves us with 3 spaces: 2 strikers (ighalo currently occupies 1 spot) and 1 winger (S.Moses currently owns this spot).
Onyekuru: was the hottest thing in Belgium before his injury. If he can get to play Anderlecht's last 3 games, he should be on the 38 man list. Late last year in an interview, Balogun said they have a secret weapon, I believe it's this guy.
Samuel Kalu: same team with s.moses but more accolades. This dude is currently top 5 best player in Belgium. He's the east crosser of the ball in Belgium. Some people think he is a turnover machine. Should b on that 38 man list.
Jololo: since moving to Holland, he has been on fire. If he continues at this pace, he should be invited and he could grab one of the 2 striker spots.

Silent mentions:
Simy: a bicycle kick goal is not enough to get invited to the SE. a tall, big, sleek and skillful striker. He needs to start banging in goals to be considered for an invite. But playing in the tough and highly rated Italian league is a huge incentive.
Ideye: I would prefer a payer doing holdup play in Spain than one doing it in China.
Kayode: Im a big fan of his but didnt cut it in Spain. The man needs to start banging in goals in Ukraine day in, day out or he should forget it.
Imoh Ezekiel: he has revived his career in Las Palmas and played very well in the last 2 games. Let's see how he does till end of the season.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE attack and new invites

Post by ohenhen1 »

The team is mostly set. I think it is too late for new invitees.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Jololo, Simy and Onyekuru
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Abeg guys try and use the player's real names rather than nic names only known to those in your tight circles.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

...Samuel Kalu: same team with s.moses but more accolades.
Context:
1. Simon Moses - 2015 Belgian League and Cup Champion, 30 goals in 121 appearances (for club and country - AS Trencin, KAA Gent and Nigeria snr team).
2. Simon Kalu - 0 League or Cup trophy, 14 goals in 76 appearances (for club - AS Trencin and KAA Gent).

Not sure which accolades you're referring to.
He's the east crosser of the ball in Belgium. Some people think he is a turnover machine. Should b on that 38 man list.
Not sure where you got this info from but he is not the best crosser in Belgium. His T/O ratio is one of the highest for KAA Gent, though.
Really don't see how or why he should be on the list, considering all the current options.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Jury still out in ighalo barely 2 months before the wc? Nfa chairman must be a comedian. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Jury still out in ighalo barely 2 months before the wc? Nfa chairman must be a comedian. :laugh:
yes. apart from 1 goal and hold up play, what else has ighalo done for the SE? IF other strikers that kan do the "hold up play" and also score goals get into the SE, i bet ighalo would be on the bench or on his couch during the W
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Jury still out in ighalo barely 2 months before the wc? Nfa chairman must be a comedian. :laugh:
There are threads you read for the comic relief they provide and nothing else and that his post qualifies as one. You however do not take it serious. :D
Last edited by Cito on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

DIMKA76 wrote:Abeg guys try and use the player's real names rather than nic names only known to those in your tight circles.
jololo is Sadiq Umar
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

So 35 man provisional roster has now morphed into 38 man list?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The world cup is less than 2 months away. You are still looking for a striker. .

#NigeriafirstPartylast.

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

mystic wrote:So 35 man provisional roster has now morphed into 38 man list?

my bad!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

ohenhen1 wrote:The world cup is less than 2 months away. You are still looking for a striker. .

#NigeriafirstPartylast.
we dont have a striker!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The world cup is less than 2 months away. You are still looking for a striker. .

#NigeriafirstPartylast.
we dont have a striker!
We do but scoring is not in their jobs description .
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Kayode is playing well and scoring. The guy is has brillant movement off the ball.
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

chief nfachairman wrote:

#NigeriafirstPartylast.
we dont have a striker!
Ighalo and Iheanacho

Who do you want to be called up with less than 2 months left to the World cup?

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

In my humble opinion, Jololo, Adi and Simy must get a shot at the squad.