Jay Jay Okocha and Alex Iwobi -Football Is In Our DNA(Video)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jay Jay Okocha and Alex Iwobi -Football Is In Our DNA(Vi

Post by Sir V »

cic old boy wrote:Great programme.
I nor wan know. Who be the babe?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

mcal wrote:
Bell wrote:YOU KNOW WHAT'S MISSING FROM THIS INTERVIEW?

Hardly any question to JayJay about his time in the SE.
Bell
...poor coordination, organization, logistics makes a player's stint at SE not necessarily appealing. Especially for modern day players who play in well organized leagues and clubs.

BUT...

...I'm sure if you ask JayJay, he'd probably say his matches and time with the SE were the most memorable.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:YOU KNOW WHAT'S MISSING FROM THIS INTERVIEW?

Hardly any question to JayJay about his time in the SE.
Bell
That's true. But maybe it was an editorial decision.
AND THE FACT THAT...

...this was probably done from a British and EPL perspective.
Bell
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Sir V wrote: I nor wan know. Who be the babe?
E be like South African.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

bully12 wrote:How do you know? Did you see him play anywhere ?
Alex's dad, Chuka aka Mehalla, played for UNN and DMGS Onitsha as a rightwinger (if my memory serves me right). I think he may have been registered with Vasco da Gama as a law student at UNEC.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:
bully12 wrote:How do you know? Did you see him play anywhere ?
Alex's dad, Chuka aka Mehalla, played for UNN and DMGS Onitsha as a rightwinger (if my memory serves me right). I think he may have been registered with Vasco da Gama as a law student at UNEC.
Yes, he was. He was quite good. For an "onyibo" he was tough too. EnuguII might have known him... think EII was ahead of him or they were the same set at UNN.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:The interview reinforced what we have been saying all these years... he is an unparalleled entertainer. But as a footballer? Even his coaches and teammates agree with us.
Meanwhile, Alex's Dad was a very good footballer. He could have played professional football had he chosen that path.
This is amazing.
That you watched the same vide and came to this conclusion? :shock: :shock: :shock:
His teammates and coaches said the exact opposite ie there was always an end-product.
They said it SEVERAL times!
That he is an entertainer is agreed by everybody. But they universally paid tribute to his all-round game to the point that one of the commentators believed JJ changed Big Sam's outlook to the game even in his old age.

Oga Cellular.... is everything okay?
Doc, What are you toking about? Did you watch the video without being under the occultic influence of TMWMP? You guys belong to a cult so it is difficult to have any sensible discussion about this man whom you guys claimed was better than Zidane+Figo+Rivaldo all combined.

The man is an entertainer who happens to play football. He said as much himself... his teammate and coaches said the same. They also said that his edge was that his tricks do come off. JayJay in his own words said he was an entertainer... that he goes to full entertainment mood when his team is up by a lot of goals... they didn't ask him how many games did he play in that his team was up by a lot of goals?

He also admitted that he came to England late... chose a small club that will let him play as he likes.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:The interview reinforced what we have been saying all these years... he is an unparalleled entertainer. But as a footballer? Even his coaches and teammates agree with us.
Meanwhile, Alex's Dad was a very good footballer. He could have played professional football had he chosen that path.
This is amazing.
That you watched the same vide and came to this conclusion? :shock: :shock: :shock:
His teammates and coaches said the exact opposite ie there was always an end-product.
That he is an entertainer is agreed by everybody. But they universally paid tribute to his all-round game to the point that one of the commentators believed JJ changed Big Sam's outlook to the game even in his old age.

Doc, What are you toking about? Did you watch the video without being under the occultic influence of TMWMP? You guys belong to a cult so it is difficult to have any sensible discussion about this man whom you guys claimed was better than Zidane+Figo+Rivaldo all combined.

The man is an entertainer who happens to play football. He said as much himself... his teammate and coaches said the same. They also said that his edge was that his tricks do come off. JayJay in his own words said he was an entertainer... that he goes to full entertainment mood when his team is up by a lot of goals... they didn't ask him how many games did he play in that his team was up by a lot of goals?

He also admitted that he came to England late... chose a small club that will let him play as he likes.
Are being a entertainer and being a complete, all round world class footballer mutually exclusive?
You speak as if they are.

That he was an entertainer is not in dispute.
The point of dispute (which I am assuming you are making) is that it was 'all show and no end-product'. This very point was debunked several times on the show by his teammates and managers.

So I need to know exactly what you are saying and not saying.

Which point, for example, do you refer to as having been "reinforced" by the interview? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...abacha na great food if prepared the right way with all the right ingredients.
For those old enough to drink alcohol, a strong dose of nkwu aka palmy will do justice. Love it :thumbs: :thumbs:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
This is amazing.

Are being a entertainer and being a complete, all round world class footballer mutually exclusive?

The point of dispute (which I am assuming you are making) is that it was 'all show and no end-product'. This very point was debunked several times on the show by his teammates and managers.

Which point, for example, do you refer to as having been "reinforced" by the interview? :idea:
They are mutually exclusive!

Zidane, Rivaldo, and Luis Figo can all do tricks with the ball to entertain fans, but they focused on the more purposeful effective approach, and today their career highlights include Champions league and world cup trophies and not helping Bolton avoid relegation.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
This is amazing.

They are mutually exclusive!

Zidane, Rivaldo, and Luis Figo can all do tricks with the ball to entertain fans, but they focused on the more purposeful effective approach, and today their career highlights include Champions league and world cup trophies and not helping Bolton avoid relegation.
Okay now.
You know I no be CIC wey go follow you enter merry-go-round. :roll:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote: They are mutually exclusive!

Rubbish. Zidane and co won all that stuff b/c of the teams they played for. Okocha would have too if he played for Madrid or Barca, France or Brazil. He said he didn't play for Real/Barca b/c those clubs didn't trust an African as a playmaker.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

cic old boy wrote:

Rubbish. Zidane and co won all that stuff b/c of the teams they played for. Okocha would have too if he played for Madrid or Barca, France or Brazil. He said he didn't play for Real/Barca b/c those clubs didn't trust an African as a playmaker.
He said he didnt want to go to Spain because of his Kids and Language that he had offers from Spain
Oya back to the matter
open and close
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:

Zidane is African! :D :taunt: So also was Weah, Taribo West, Kanu, Amunike, and many others who played for bigger clubs. This was not 1970s!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Prince wrote: He said he didnt want to go to Spain because of his Kids and Language that he had offers from Spain
That's what he said in this prog, and he wasn't talking about Madrid or Barca. I was referring to a Sky interview when he was at Bolton where he said he didn't think he played for the sort of clubs his talent merited. He said he didn't think those big clubs trusted an African as playmaker.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theDunamis wrote:The UBA is now a completely discredited organization. Jay Jay not only outlived that useless organization but continues to show why he is so good they named him twice. :taunt: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:
Zidane is African! :D :taunt: So also was Weah, Taribo West, Kanu, Amunike, and many others who played for bigger clubs. This was not 1970s!
Zidane would head-butt you if you called him African. :lol:

We are talking playmakers and you are mentioning Weah and the rest.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
theDunamis wrote:The UBA is now a completely discredited organization. Jay Jay not only outlived that useless organization but continues to show why he is so good they named him twice. :taunt: :lol:

Its funny how there are more UBA comments on this thread than shriners. Imagine! Like I said before, they have bookmarked the video and have it playing on rotate...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Its funny how there are more UBA comments on this thread than shriners. Imagine! Like I said before, they have bookmarked the video and have it playing on rotate...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: they no fit help demsefs
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:
Prince wrote: He said he didnt want to go to Spain because of his Kids and Language that he had offers from Spain
That's what he said in this prog, and he wasn't talking about Madrid or Barca. I was referring to a Sky interview when he was at Bolton where he said he didn't think he played for the sort of clubs his talent merited. He said he didn't think those big clubs trusted an African as playmaker.
LOL.

Story. Why did he leave PSG? Was PSG a small club when he was their number 10?

JayJay has said that he only started taking football seriously when he moved to England.

He was lucky enough to get a manager who was so grateful having him that he allowed him to play however he wanted.

Despite his entertainment value, Bolton struggled with relegation until Jay Jay reduced his showboating and showmanship.

The argument we had in this parts when you folks kept saying he was better than Zidane+Figo+Rivaldo.

Dude would have earned a good living as a halftime football entertainer... surprised Nollywood haven't tried to make a football movie with JayJay...

Ps., I know it is a sour subject around these parts but why didn't he win APOY even when he was in France? Surely, someone as good as Zidane+Figo+Rivaldo doesn't need to be on a good team to win an individual accolade?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

UBA and Shriners sha....

This feels like 99/2000 again. :lol: :lol: :lol:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
LOL.

JayJay has said that he only started taking football seriously when he moved to England.

He was lucky enough to get a manager who was so grateful having him that he allowed him to play however he wanted.

Despite his entertainment value, Bolton struggled with relegation until Jay Jay reduced his showboating and showmanship.

The argument we had in this parts when you folks kept saying he was better than Zidane+Figo+Rivaldo.

Dude would have earned a good living as a halftime football entertainer... surprised Nollywood haven't tried to make a football movie with JayJay...

Ps., I know it is a sour subject around these parts but why didn't he win APOY even when he was in France? Surely, someone as good as Zidane+Figo+Rivaldo doesn't need to be on a good team to win an individual accolade?
Hayatou :taunt:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
LOL.

Chief, you dey use style reduce the opposing position to one of absurdity nah. Whoever said that was probably speaking tongue-in-cheek and def not representative of all of us that believe JJ to be a true Nigerian legend.
You cant win a debate by reducing your opponent's position to a level of ridiculousness, picking on the most bizarre statement made by a faceless fan in an unguarded moment.

There is no better accolade one can receive than from your peers and from legends that went before you and came after you. World and continental awards are great but we all know its not an infallible process by any means.