Does anybody really think we can pass GOD with these GKs ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: Does anybody really think we can pass GOD with these GKs

Post by naijaguy »

Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Lol.. you are complaining of goalkeepers and you are mentioning Enyeama. A player who retired and has never indicated interest in coming back. Someone who is more or less clubless and inactive..
Bros why are you like this????
naijaguy,

So, now the narrative is that Enyeama is "clubless and inactive"? It will make sense if you make your point with something as commonplace as FACTS. When you stretch credulity by substituting facts with fiction, your point gets lost in transit. It is universally known that Enyeama is contracted with Lille OSC through 2019, and has been keeping with the reserves since fully recovering from injury. As for the retirement issue, it has been addressed on this forum ad nauseam. He, Rohr and the goalkeeping coaches have been in touch. Let's just wait and see.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... 20&bih=974

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/eny ... ty-return/
I said "more or less clubless and inactive ".
Lol.. so stopping penalty in a reserve game is now a criteria to call back a goalkeeper who retired willingly.
How many reserve games have you seen him play?
I have seen few clips he posted on twitter and instagram and from what I have seen, he's not fully fit.
Nobody who wants the best for Nigeria will clamour for Enyeama's return.
We made this mistake before with Rufai, and I'm sure Rohr will nit want to tow that line.
The Rufai comparison from 1998 clearly emphasizes that you are not basing your position on FACTS. Rufai was not only retired from club football, he received the national team call while partying at a nightclub(Though it speaks to the quality of the keepers we had that he could still claim the #1 jersey) Again, slowly, this time. E-n-y-e-a-m-a is 100% f-i-t a-n-d p-l-a-y-i-n-g. Uzoho keeps in the Spanish 3rd Division, Ezenwa is the second keeper at Enyimba (behind Ghanaian Fatau Daudu) and Akpeyi has an uphill battle winning his shirt and the public trust. That you allow your hate of Enyeama to becloud your judgment is baffling. No need to debate here on the pages of Cybereagles. Enyeama will be on Rohr's 35 next month, and he'll pull a Rufai. He'll start against England at Wembley and against Croatia in Russia. You can take that to the bank!
I do not hate Enyeama. Infact, I consider him as the best goalkeeper Nigeria ever had. But then at the moment, he has retired. He's no longer that good. If he was, he would have been reinstated back to the main team in his club. Your clamouring for him just because he kept a penalty for reserve team shows you don't mean well for the country.
Without him, the team qualified for the world cup with no issues and the team will do well in Russia without him. QED
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Ezenwa is the best we have. His only flaw is commiting fouls that lead to pks and maybe celebrating too much. I wanted Uzoho to be the #1 but he is really bad.
Are you joking?
Crosses nko? :shock:
How bobo take get problem with crosses, Ezemwa no be Christian? :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Damunk wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Ezenwa is the best we have. His only flaw is commiting fouls that lead to pks and maybe celebrating too much. I wanted Uzoho to be the #1 but he is really bad.
Are you joking?
Something he needs to work on, but not a glaring weakness. Ezenwa has not given up a goal against the run of play.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Are you joking?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Crazeman :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:

PS: Do you have any facts to support your claim that we have a "culture" (your word) of resuscitating old expired players to rescue us?
Rufai was 24 years ago.
Anyone else? :idea:
...it's a culture not only in football but our way of life, including politics/government, if re-read again what I stated.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Are you joking?
Him be Xtian but e be like him be Dracula too. :sneaky:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:

PS: Do you have any facts to support your claim that we have a "culture" (your word) of resuscitating old expired players to rescue us?
Rufai was 24 years ago.
...it's a culture not only in football but our way of life, including politics/government, if re-read again what I stated.
It doesn't apply to football.
In fact its more the opposite. We are forever taking spring chickens as Super Eagles to the WC.

In other aspects of our national life, you are right.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Rufai was 24 years ago.
In fact its more the opposite. We are forever taking spring chickens as Super Eagles to the WC.

...the same spring chickens that qualified us, huh? How do you reconcile that, that's my beef.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Rufai was 24 years ago.

...the same spring chickens that qualified us, huh? How do you reconcile that, that's my beef.
Qualification is simply a measure of your regional strength. It doesn't necessarily reflect your chances at the big event.
On the world stage, you meet the big boys and Big Boys rely on a combination of youth and experience.

Imagine the tectonic plates had separated slightly differently millions of years ago and Spain and Portugal were on this side of the Mediterranean, in Africa.

Qualification nor go easy like dat o! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Rufai was 24 years ago.

Qualification is simply a measure of your regional strength. It doesn't necessarily reflect your chances at the big event.
On the world stage, you meet the big boys and Big Boys rely on a combination of youth and experience.

Imagine the tectonic plates had separated slightly differently millions of years ago and Spain and Portugal were on this side of the Mediterranean, in Africa.

...based on your summation above, we use 'chickens' to qualify, then call the big boys and experience at the big dance :???:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
Robotnik wrote:This is why we need to lower our expectations. This team may likely not make it past the group stage. It will be a good experience for the future.
You are not guaranteed qualification in the future, so take your chance when you can, otherwise...
Good point! :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...Enyeama has retired.
We need to stop this culture of resuscitating the old to rescue us, to move us forward.
This is why we have old idiots from the 1960s running the country today.
Bros, you raised another issue with this post of yours. REAL old fools running the country and they upset me everyday. I wish I can take them all out. They are REAL IDIOTS and THIEVES.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Rufai was 24 years ago.

...based on your summation above, we use 'chickens' to qualify, then call the big boys and experience at the big dance :???:
E be like say you are in one those your sour moods today and want to argue
The summary of what I'm saying is that your 'cultural' point regarding old expired faces coming to our rescue doesn't apply to our football. For the last two WCs we've had one of the youngest teams at the tournaments if not the youngest team.
Its about to happen yet again.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Lol.. you are complaining of goalkeepers and you are mentioning Enyeama. A player who retired and has never indicated interest in coming back. Someone who is more or less clubless and inactive..
naijaguy,

So, now the narrative is that Enyeama is "clubless and inactive"? It will make sense if you make your point with something as commonplace as FACTS. When you stretch credulity by substituting facts with fiction, your point gets lost in transit. It is universally known that Enyeama is contracted with Lille OSC through 2019, and has been keeping with the reserves since fully recovering from injury. As for the retirement issue, it has been addressed on this forum ad nauseam. He, Rohr and the goalkeeping coaches have been in touch. Let's just wait and see.

Lol.. so stopping penalty in a reserve game is now a criteria to call back a goalkeeper who retired willingly.
I have seen few clips he posted on twitter and instagram and from what I have seen, he's not fully fit.
We made this mistake before with Rufai, and I'm sure Rohr will nit want to tow that line.
The Rufai comparison from 1998 clearly emphasizes that you are not basing your position on FACTS. Rufai was not only retired from club football, he received the national team call while partying at a nightclub(Though it speaks to the quality of the keepers we had that he could still claim the #1 jersey) Again, slowly, this time. E-n-y-e-a-m-a is 100% f-i-t a-n-d p-l-a-y-i-n-g. Uzoho keeps in the Spanish 3rd Division, Ezenwa is the second keeper at Enyimba (behind Ghanaian Fatau Daudu) and Akpeyi has an uphill battle winning his shirt and the public trust. That you allow your hate of Enyeama to becloud your judgment is baffling. No need to debate here on the pages of Cybereagles. Enyeama will be on Rohr's 35 next month, and he'll pull a Rufai. He'll start against England at Wembley and against Croatia in Russia. You can take that to the bank!
I do not hate Enyeama. Infact, I consider him as the best goalkeeper Nigeria ever had. But then at the moment, he has retired. He's no longer that good. If he was, he would have been reinstated back to the main team in his club. Your clamouring for him just because he kept a penalty for reserve team shows you don't mean well for the country.
Without him, the team qualified for the world cup with no issues and the team will do well in Russia without him. QED
The team qualified without Joel Obi or even Sadiq Umar who should make the final 23. Glad you acknowledge Enyeama as probably Nigeria's greatest ever goalkeeper. And, you think he suddenly forgot how to keep because he recovered from an injury? The fact that he has not been reinstated into the main team are due to factors that go beyond mere ability(any regular watcher of Lille matches will confirm their goalkeeper is an apology).The man started for Lille most of the 2016/2017 season and has worked intensely with the Lille goalkeeper trainer to be in frame for the World Cup. At least, now, you acknowledge he is not clubless nor inactive. For the umpteenth time, he un-retired and Rohr is fully aware which is why the team's media officer mentioned him among the goalkeepers that will be invited next month.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/r ... ors-uzoho/
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy,

The team qualified without Joel Obi or even Sadiq Umar who should make the final 23. Glad you acknowledge Enyeama as probably Nigeria's greatest ever goalkeeper. And, you think he suddenly forgot how to keep because he recovered from an injury? The fact that he has not been reinstated into the main team are due to factors that go beyond mere ability(any regular watcher of Lille matches will confirm their goalkeeper is an apology).The man started for Lille most of the 2016/2017 season and has worked intensely with the Lille goalkeeper trainer to be in frame for the World Cup. At least, now, you acknowledge he is not clubless nor inactive. For the umpteenth time, he un-retired and Rohr is fully aware which is why the team's media officer mentioned him among the goalkeepers that will be invited next month.

He is still more or less inactive.
If he is still that good, he would have moved to another club in January since his club does not believe in his ability any longer.
And then you said he unretired, can you prove it without any reasonable doubt? You can't.
Joel and Umar you mentioned are doing very well and if they are included in the 23-man list,will not raise eyebrows. On the other hand, Enyeama is a clear opposite. A reserve incative goalkeeper can never represent us at the world cup. Go and mark it.
Last edited by naijaguy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy,

If he is still that good, he would have moved to another club in January since his club does not believe in his ability any longer.
And then you said he unretired, can you prove it without any reasonable doubt? You can't.
Joel and Umar you mentioned are doing very well and if they are included in the 23-man list,will not raise eyebrows. On the other hand, Enyeama is a clear opposite. A reserve goalkeeper can never represent us at the world cup. Go and mark it.
Damn, poor Uzoho...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Fixed. Reserve inactive
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

It's a damn shame that a whole 9ja cannot produce a decent goal keeper, yet Uganda has them in droves.
A damn shame!

But hey, Egypt is banking on El Hadary! :lol: :lol:
That's one reason, I have them going further than most people think..
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

naijaguy wrote:Fixed. Reserve inactive
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Funny guy...they are both reserve and active in useless D3. Oh well, Rohr has his work cut out for him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Kabalega wrote:It's a damn shame that a whole 9ja cannot produce a decent goal keeper, yet Uganda has them in droves.
A damn shame!

But hey, Egypt is banking on El Hadary! :lol: :lol:
That's one reason, I have them going further than most people think..
Is that grand daddy still in goal for Egypt?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy,

Joel and Umar you mentioned are doing very well and if they are included in the 23-man list,will not raise eyebrows. On the other hand, Enyeama is a clear opposite. A reserve incative goalkeeper can never represent us at the world cup. Go and mark it.
Bros, this post of yours reeks of letting your frustration cloud your judgement. You need step back and look at it this way;
1. The coach makes the decisions he deem best for the team.
2. Every position on that team will be filled up by Nigerian players
3. The coach weighs his decision on players invitation on the best set of players for fulfillment of his goals.
4. If he deem Enyeama good enough to challenge for the position of goalkeeper, it is not out of the ordinary. See 1-4 above
5. If Enyeama on invitation beats out the other invitees and mans the post for Nigeria, then according to the coach, he is the best for furtherance of that said goal.
6. We Nigerians having entrusted the coach with taking the team to the mun-dial should stay behind our team and support them irrespective of our misgivings.
7. How the hell does Ayo do this 10 point thingy? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."