Does anybody really think we can pass GOD with these GKs ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Does anybody really think we can pass GOD with these GKs ?

Post by vancity eagle »

I have been watching past SE matches and I must say Ezenwa is a really poor GK. I mean piss poor. The fact that Akpeyi is even worse just shows the dire straights we are in.

Uzoho is not it either but currently the best we can offer. This is actually a very serious crisis and I cannot believe people are ignoring it or claiming Enyeama is finished.

Aiyenugba MUST be looked at and Enyeama MUST BE CALLED.

Our Defence of set pieces is woeful. The Poland match was horrific in this regard. Only a miracle stopped the Poles from scoring on us via set piece.

We cannot perform such miracles in Russia with a flapping GK.

Iceland specializes in set pieces. They will be licking their chops.

Croatia has guys like Mandzukic who can kill us in the air.

We simply cannot navigate such a difficult group with a mediocre GK.

LET ME MAKE 2 predictions ABOUT US IN RUSSIA.

1. WE WILL CHOP AT LEAST 2 GOALS VIA SET PIECES.

2. IT WILL BE 3 AND OUT WITH ANY OF EZENWA, AKPEYI, OR UZOHO IN GOAL. MARK MY WORDS.

I just call it as I see it, and I am sorry I have to do this. You cannot succeed at this level with mediocrity in between the posts. No fricking way.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Does anybody really think we can pass GOD with these GKs

Post by vancity eagle »

Keep in mind these past 2 friendlies UZOHO really let in 4 goals. 2 which were disallowed but had VAR been used would have counted. There will be no place to hide in Russia.

Rohr must get on his knees and beg Enyeama back. This is unacceptable.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...about 50tysomething days to world cup, either find a world class goal keeper or shut it and use what you have. I am tired of these mofo cry-baby agents desperately looking for their own guy to be on the rooster :curse: :curse: :curse:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Maybe we should sell our wc slot to The Philippines for a million gallons of petrol :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Lol.. you are complaining of goalkeepers and you are mentioning Enyeama. A player who retired and has never indicated interest in coming back. Someone who is more or less clubless and inactive..
Bros why are you like this????
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Ewu,

Almost EVERY team in the last world cup conceded at least two goals via set pieces !

So you may as well predict that ALMOST EVERY team in this world cup will chop at least two set pieces goals and let us rest!

Cmoke :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

vancity eagle wrote:I have been watching past SE matches and I must say Ezenwa is a really poor GK. I mean piss poor. The fact that Akpeyi is even worse just shows the dire straights we are in.

Uzoho is not it either but currently the best we can offer. This is actually a very serious crisis and I cannot believe people are ignoring it or claiming Enyeama is finished.

Our Defence of set pieces is woeful. The Poland match was horrific in this regard. Only a miracle stopped the Poles from scoring on us via set piece.

2. IT WILL BE 3 AND OUT WITH ANY OF EZENWA, AKPEYI, OR UZOHO IN GOAL. MARK MY WORDS.

I just call it as I see it, and I am sorry I have to do this. You cannot succeed at this level with mediocrity in between the posts. No fricking way.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Ewu,

"Set pieces in soccer include free kicks, penalty kicks, corners, throw-ins, and goal kicks
that result from infringements and out-of-play situations. These game restart situations accounted
for 24.14% of the goals during the 2010 World Cup, 28.6% in 2002, and 33.3% in 1994 World
Cup tournaments, respectively. " https://journals.humankinetics.com/doi/ ... ce.6.1.111
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

This is why we need to lower our expectations. This team may likely not make it past the group stage. It will be a good experience for the future.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Robotnik wrote:This is why we need to lower our expectations. This team may likely not make it past the group stage. It will be a good experience for the future.
You are not guaranteed qualification in the future, so take your chance when you can, otherwise...
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

naijaguy wrote:Lol.. you are complaining of goalkeepers and you are mentioning Enyeama. A player who retired and has never indicated interest in coming back. Someone who is more or less clubless and inactive..
naijaguy,

So, now the narrative is that Enyeama is "clubless and inactive"? It will make sense if you make your point with something as commonplace as FACTS. When you stretch credulity by substituting facts with fiction, your point gets lost in transit. It is universally known that Enyeama is contracted with Lille OSC through 2019, and has been keeping with the reserves since fully recovering from injury. As for the retirement issue, it has been addressed on this forum ad nauseam. He, Rohr and the goalkeeping coaches have been in touch. Let's just wait and see.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... 20&bih=974

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/eny ... ty-return/
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Robotnik wrote:This is why we need to lower our expectations. This team may likely not make it past the group stage. It will be a good experience for the future.
Which future again are you talking about? Abeg, we shouldn't be talking about future at this point bros...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

There is nothing new in Nigeria coinciding silly goals via set pace against Europeans . Even with our so called decent keepers. We just have to focus on our strength attack and hope for best and luck defensively . Even our oyinbo wall are currently not playing. Na real touch and hope come Russia
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Lol.. you are complaining of goalkeepers and you are mentioning Enyeama. A player who retired and has never indicated interest in coming back. Someone who is more or less clubless and inactive..
naijaguy,

So, now the narrative is that Enyeama is "clubless and inactive"? It will make sense if you make your point with something as commonplace as FACTS. When you stretch credulity by substituting facts with fiction, your point gets lost in transit. It is universally known that Enyeama is contracted with Lille OSC through 2019, and has been keeping with the reserves since fully recovering from injury. As for the retirement issue, it has been addressed on this forum ad nauseam. He, Rohr and the goalkeeping coaches have been in touch. Let's just wait and see.

I said "more or less clubless and inactive ".
Lol.. so stopping penalty in a reserve game is now a criteria to call back a goalkeeper who retired willingly.
How many reserve games have you seen him play?
I have seen few clips he posted on twitter and instagram and from what I have seen, he's not fully fit.
Nobody who wants the best for Nigeria will clamour for Enyeama's return.
We made this mistake before with Rufai, and I'm sure Rohr will nit want to tow that line.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Maybe we should sell our wc slot to The Philippines for a million gallons of petrol :roll:

you get time???????????????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:I have been watching past SE matches and I must say Ezenwa is a really poor GK. I mean piss poor. The fact that Akpeyi is even worse just shows the dire straights we are in.

Vancity, you clearly have a lot of time in your hands. You need to occupy your mind more. Study and work .. This worry is unnecessary and unproductive
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy,

Lol.. so stopping penalty in a reserve game is now a criteria to call back a goalkeeper who retired willingly.
I have seen few clips he posted on twitter and instagram and from what I have seen, he's not fully fit.
We made this mistake before with Rufai, and I'm sure Rohr will nit want to tow that line.
The Rufai comparison from 1998 clearly emphasizes that you are not basing your position on FACTS. Rufai was not only retired from club football, he received the national team call while partying at a nightclub(Though it speaks to the quality of the keepers we had that he could still claim the #1 jersey) Again, slowly, this time. E-n-y-e-a-m-a is 100% f-i-t a-n-d p-l-a-y-i-n-g. Uzoho keeps in the Spanish 3rd Division, Ezenwa is the second keeper at Enyimba (behind Ghanaian Fatau Daudu) and Akpeyi has an uphill battle winning his shirt and the public trust. That you allow your hate of Enyeama to becloud your judgment is baffling. No need to debate here on the pages of Cybereagles. Enyeama will be on Rohr's 35 next month, and he'll pull a Rufai. He'll start against England at Wembley and against Croatia in Russia. You can take that to the bank!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy,

The Rufai comparison from 1998 clearly emphasizes that you are not basing your position on FACTS. Rufai was not only retired from club football, he received the national team call while partying at a nightclub(Though it speaks to the quality of the keepers we had that he could still claim the #1 jersey) Again, slowly, this time. E-n-y-e-a-m-a is 100% f-i-t a-n-d p-l-a-y-i-n-g. Uzoho keeps in the Spanish 3rd Division, Ezenwa is the second keeper at Enyimba (behind Ghanaian Fatau Daudu) and Akpeyi has an uphill battle winning his shirt and the public trust. That you allow your hate of Enyeama to becloud your judgment is baffling. No need to debate here on the pages of Cybereagles. Enyeama will be on Rohr's 35 next month, and he'll pull a Rufai. He'll start against England at Wembley and against Croatia in Russia. You can take that to the bank!
...Enyeama has retired.
We need to stop this culture of resuscitating the old to rescue us, to move us forward.
This is why we have old idiots from the 1960s running the country today.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Nigerian qualified with such optimism believing they can beat any team in the world. A few weeks to the wc, fear don replace optimism and the usual pre wc disease of changing players or manager don dey show symptoms.

Just another day in the life of Naija fans after all. If Una like make Rufai come back sef. If we go chop cane even Enyeama go be the catalyst. Wetin go happun, go happun
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy wrote:
Obong wrote:
naijaguy,

...Enyeama has retired.
We need to stop this culture of resuscitating the old to rescue us, to move us forward.
This is why we have old idiots from the 1960s running the country today.
Why not just retire from the debate and siddon look?
When (and 'if', but more likely 'when') Rohr calls Enyeama up, you can call to tell him to stop "resuscitating old cargoes". In the meantime, don't stress yourself.
What will be will be and we will all have to live with it. :D

PS: Do you have any facts to support your claim that we have a "culture" (your word) of resuscitating old expired players to rescue us?
Rufai was 24 years ago.
Anyone else? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yes, but what's God got to do with it? :idea:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ezenwa is the best we have. His only flaw is commiting fouls that lead to pks and maybe celebrating too much. I wanted Uzoho to be the #1 but he is really bad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Synopsis wrote:Ezenwa is the best we have. His only flaw is commiting fouls that lead to pks and maybe celebrating too much. I wanted Uzoho to be the #1 but he is really bad.
Are you joking?
Crosses nko? :shock: