Heartland vs Plateau NPFL Fracas...then this Press Statement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Heartland vs Plateau NPFL Fracas...then this Press Statement

Post by anointed »

Is this supposed to be an official press statement? I am very very ashamed that this found its way into public domain.
PRESS RELEASE

Dear friends and folks the management of Heartland Football Club Owerri after a critical analysis of the events that preceded their matchday 18 clash against Visiting plateau United, wants to state as follows.

That a delightful game that interested all the fans that loved watching good football was marred by the attitude of the center refree Mr Yusuf Garba from Kano state, truly speaking the facts remains that Mr Yusuf Garba marred the game right from the on-set, it was obvious that he already had a premeditated motive to favour the away team which was seen in the several questionable calls he made after the second half of the game which gave room for suspension.

This was what sincerely affected the interesting game except you think order wise.
At the end of 90 minutes if you watched closely you would have seen the fourth official signalling him Mr Garba for additional time but he International ignored him to allow about 4 minutes before adding 4minutes extra time even when the extra 4 minutes ended the match Commissioner Mr Roland Abu called his attention to end the game as the time was up and following his questionable calls to save the already heated up atmosphere but he responded nothing is happening.

To the surprise of everyone a throw-in ensued and taken by Plateau United but one of their striker was holding Heartland goal keeper Ebele Obi to prevent him from catching the ball which the second assistant refree signalled for an infringement but still Mr Yusuf Garba ignored him.
All these activities of Mr Garba seriously marred the game and proved he had interest in the match which I think was what must have informed the decision of the fans to angrily rush towards him immediately after the game but for the quick intervention of the men of the nigerian police it would have been another story of an unending tells, thank God for the quick intervention of the police who stood firm to rescue him surprisely the police discovered on the referee Mr Garba items around his waist and under his stockings which are not part of the refereeing equipment, but
be it as it may it is important that nigerian refrees help this country's league to grow and produce better teams that will fly the nation's flag in the continent and represent us well in future Caf club competitions, such will help our teams get pass the group stage.
The LMC, the NFF and all football stakeholders should do the needful and faster​ too to save this country's league from disrepute.

Henry Echefu Media Officer
Heartland FC.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Heartland vs Plateau NPFL Fracas...then this Press State

Post by anointed »

Plateau's press statement
Press Statement.

The management of Nigeria Professional Football League Champions, 8-) P 8-) lateau United Football Club of Jos has condemned in strong terms, the physical assault meted out to its players and officials by supporters of Heartland of Owerri after their Week 18 fixture which ended in a 1-1 draw at the Dan Anyiam Stadium Monday.

In a strongly worded statement by the Media Officer of the club, Albert Dakup, he stated that the action of some of the Heartland FC supporters did not come as a surprise in view of the earlier threat made by them before the game even kicked off.

Dakup, who described the action as highly condemnable, explained that the action of the supporters negates all basic rule of human existence in the 21st century.

While lamenting the inhuman and barbaric manner the centre referee, Mr Yusuf Garba was manhandled by the disgruntled supporters, he noted that if such trend is not properly checkmated and erring parties properly sanctioned by the League Management Company (LMC), such unacceptable acts will continue unabated and will always bring the game to disrepute.

He disclosed that while these shameful acts were being perpetrated, the management of Heartland FC and the Imo State Football Association did nothing to protect the match officials, especially the centre referee, who was beaten to a pulp with various dangerous objects.

The statement further revealed that while the match officials were attacked, management of Heartland FC did little or nothing to protect the players and management of Plateau United who were been chased around the field by the home supporters.

Apart from the injury inflicted on Peter Eneji, the team's (Plateau United) cameraman, Jonah Dadyiam and Dan Kakwi were also assaulted. His camera was also damaged and a sum of 250,000 naira (two hundred and fifty thousand naira, meant for feeding for some of the team's officials also got missing in the process.

The Team manager, Abel Iliya was not spared from the attack as he was chased around by the angry supporters of the home side and subsequently lost his Samsung Galaxy X7 mobile phone in the process before he was rescued by some management of Plateau United and some security operatives who were mobilised to the stadium.

As if that was not enough, Head Coach, Kennedy Boboye, who was attacked by the hoodlums at the stadium, was also waylaid and attacked for the second time on his way to Port-Harcourt by suspected Heartland fans who apparently were angry with the draw. Boboye had to be rushed to the hospital before he was revived.

It is interesting to note that no single person from the management of Heartland FC or the Imo State FA came to see Plateau United at the team’s hotel to sympathize with them over the barbaric acts meted on the team.

If not for the timely intervention of an Assistant Commissioner of Police who led a team of his men to Plateau United’s hotel, the team would have been attacked by these hoodlums masquerading as supporters.

The management of Plateau United Football Club is therefore using this medium to appeal to the League Management Company to invoke the relevant section of its framework on Heartland in order to serve as a deterrent to others while those arrested should be made to face the full wrath of the law.

Signed

Albert Dakup
Media Officer,
Plateau United football Club.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Despicable.

And we wonder why the league is not growing at the pace that will make it profitable.

I hope heartland is banished to play in that pool in Portharcourt.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cellular wrote:Despicable.

And we wonder why the league is not growing at the pace that will make it profitable.

Order wise what will happen?.....What kind of graduates are we producing in that country. Make i run before an interesting topic will become heated up because they suspected i already have wicked intention to mar the interesting topic....
Signed
Oloye the media officer.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:

Order wise what will happen?.....What kind of graduates are we producing in that country. Make i run before an interesting topic will become heated up because they suspected i already have wicked intention to mar the interesting topic....
Signed
Oloye the media officer.
Dean, I no even wan mention the grammar. This same pesin go dey say job no dey for Naija. I mean, why not write in Igbo or pidgin. :oops:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Kai, see as this press officer kukuma shame all fans of our great team. Fire that illiterate abeg.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:

Signed
Oloye the media officer.
Dean, I no even wan mention the grammar. This same pesin go dey say job no dey for Naija.
I mean, why not write in Igbo or pidgin. :oops:
The good students don't have godfathers to help get employment.
I bet the guys is bragging about, on his position as a media officer.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges