CLSF Liverpool 5v2 Roma (Salah x2,Mane,Firminhox2)(Dzeko)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: CLSF Liverpool 5v2 Roma (Salah x2,Mane,Firminhox2)(Dzeko

Post by FATHER TIKO »

platinum wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Everyone is lauding Salah, but Firmino is a f-cking beast...

The English media may hype Harry Kane all they want, but Firmino is the best No. 9 in the world right now...

Without Firmino, Klopp's heavy-metal football is a mere lullaby...

Roma would focus on Salah in Rome to their ultimate detriment...if Firmino comes to the party in Rome (even at 90% quality) Roma stand no chance...
In this day and age of stats, making such claims makes one to look at the person making it with one kind eye.... I love Firminho, yes he is a beast when he decides, but he is nowhere near Kane as a striker, abeg e rora! Let us not allow our disdain for everything british to becloud our senses....by the way , by what stats are strikers measured again? Their beast mode? Kane was not a hype, you wil only call him a hype when it is not backed up by solid stats! Which begs the question what is the definition of 'Hype'?

The "hype" is they kept saying Kane should be in the same debate with Messi & CR7...

Firmino makes Liverpool 12 players (instead of 11)...a Claude Makelele in the final third (but with pace, skill & vision)

Firmino is the glue the glue that makes Liverpool's front 3 click...if not for wasteful Mane last night, Firmino might have had 2 more assists...

Ok, Oga Oloye, you were a defender, who'd you prefer to defend against: Firmino or Kane?
You make solid points but Firmino isn't a typical #9 like Kane is so the comparison is a bit unfair. When he signed from Hoffenheim, I remember you and I were very high on him. He isn't a #9 though, not even at Hoffenheim, his game is about more than that.
Kane is one of the few true 9s around and he is an absolute terror in his own right. Firmino is more of an allrounder, and will drop deep to orchestrate play...Firmino is Benzema. Kane is Shearer.
Fair points...but maybe I'm being a bit picky, but I'm debating about which No 9 is more dangerous... the "True 9" (the traditional No 9...designed to feed off "the final ball" from supporting players)

I believe that species of No 9 is becoming extinct in the modern game, because you can restrict a Kane by limiting supplies of "the final ball"...

What the heck do you do about a Firmino..?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
platinum wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:

The English media may hype Harry Kane all they want, but Firmino is the best No. 9 in the world right now...

Roma would focus on Salah in Rome to their ultimate detriment...if Firmino comes to the party in Rome (even at 90% quality) Roma stand no chance...
In this day and age of stats, making such claims makes one to look at the person making it with one kind eye.... I love Firminho, yes he is a beast when he decides, but he is nowhere near Kane as a striker, abeg e rora! Let us not allow our disdain for everything british to becloud our senses....by the way , by what stats are strikers measured again? Their beast mode? Kane was not a hype, you wil only call him a hype when it is not backed up by solid stats! Which begs the question what is the definition of 'Hype'?

The "hype" is they kept saying Kane should be in the same debate with Messi & CR7...

Firmino makes Liverpool 12 players (instead of 11)...a Claude Makelele in the final third (but with pace, skill & vision)

Firmino is the glue the glue that makes Liverpool's front 3 click...if not for wasteful Mane last night, Firmino might have had 2 more assists...

Ok, Oga Oloye, you were a defender, who'd you prefer to defend against: Firmino or Kane?
You make solid points but Firmino isn't a typical #9 like Kane is so the comparison is a bit unfair. When he signed from Hoffenheim, I remember you and I were very high on him. He isn't a #9 though, not even at Hoffenheim, his game is about more than that.
Kane is one of the few true 9s around and he is an absolute terror in his own right. Firmino is more of an allrounder, and will drop deep to orchestrate play...Firmino is Benzema. Kane is Shearer.
Fair points...but maybe I'm being a bit picky, but I'm debating about which No 9 is more dangerous... the "True 9" (the traditional No 9...designed to feed off "the final ball" from supporting players)

I believe that species of No 9 is becoming extinct in the modern game, because you can restrict a Kane by limiting supplies of "the final ball"...

Both styles have their pluses and minuses. Look at how many people here continue to slay Karim Benzema, a player who sacrificed his game for Bale and Ronaldo or whoever else was playing in Real's frontline. Firmino is like that, a true catalyst but the days he doesn't score, many won't see what he brings to that front 3.

I think both styles have a place.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

This game pained me.

Happy for Liverpool Africans and for their coach.

Pissed off that I have to deal with TXJ's smuggness. :veryangry: :curse:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote:This game pained me.

which Africans? weren't you at Salah's neck for claiming to be Arab? :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

platinum wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:

Ok boy, I no wan respond because pipul go talk say I dey back Kane because of Spurs.
If Dem say choose a pure 9 for Nigeria in the mold of either Harry Kane or Firminio, na Harry Kane I go choose all year long. The bobo can strike with both feet, he can head, he has good work ethics and can bring others into the game. Above all, he knows where the goal is.

As for number 9, Harry Scores goals for fun and firminio hasn't even come close to him in the past 3 seasons
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
platinum wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:

FT, sorry but you're making off the cuff comments. Kane's final ball is lacking? Really? Kane is normally the focal point of Spurs attack but trust me, Kane can pick out players with exquisite passes. Please don't just make comments thinking you'll not be challenged. Kane can skillfully turn his markers without much fun fair. He's a complete 9 in my view. Salah is having a stormer of a season so he's overshodowed what is already another 30 plus goal this season. He's been there the past 3 seasons
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Damunk wrote:
benteke wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
benteke wrote:like i said before Liverpool will go far in CL because these European team want to play football and Klopp's Liverpool just eats them alive with his tactics. Its now worrying, im afraid over the course of 90mins in a final Liverpool will damage Bayern or Madrid
EPL fan boys coming out now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
well you can look at it that way. but i can assure you i rather a Roma 3-0 at home again, the prospect of Liverpool in the final terrifies me
Why?
Because you are not a fan of football or because you placed an 'anything-but-EPL' bet at your local bookmaker?
because we United fans are facing the sickening prospect of Liverpool winning CL and Arsenal winning Europa League. How on earth will we cope with the gloating, in addition to City having won the league lol.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:

Ok boy, I no wan respond because pipul go talk say I dey back Kane because of Spurs.
If Dem say choose a pure 9 for Nigeria in the mold of either Harry Kane or Firminio, na Harry Kane I go choose all year long. The bobo can strike with both feet, he can head, he has good work ethics and can bring others into the game. Above all, he knows where the goal is.

As for number 9, Harry Scores goals for fun and firminio hasn't even come close to him in the past 3 seasons
Today, as things stand, if I had to pick one for the SE, I'd pick Kane too. I think we have enough strikers who're of the other kind. (*cough cough Iheanacho, Musa)
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

King Futcha wrote:
Cellular wrote:This game pained me.

which Africans? weren't you at Salah's neck for claiming to be Arab? :)
You are right Queenie.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Some coaches don't know how to use certain players...
It also depends on the philosophy of the coach...
It takes a Klopp to see a Firmino...Afterall Brendan Rodgers was wasting Firmino at the wings before Klopp...

Brazil Coach Tite should "plagiarise" Klopp before the WCup...and if he employs Firmino & Coutinho in any Brazil formation; and is able to welcome back a healthy Neymar, Brazil go be wahala...
I agree with this. I'd also use him the same way for Brazil if I was manager - and definitely over Jesus.