CLSF Liverpool 5v2 Roma (Salah x2,Mane,Firminhox2)(Dzeko)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CLSF Liverpool 5v2 Roma (Salah x2,Mane,Firminhox2)(Dzeko

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
lionga wrote:Na wa oh..see Pool fans chewing fingernail.. you'd think they were the ones losing.
The fear of Roma in Rome is the beginning of wisdom
Na why Pool fans dey chew fingernail with 3 goal lead in injury time at Anefield. :lol:
Different game bro
Not doubting you but I'm sure barca fans felt the same way a couple weeks ago.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

txj wrote:How in the world was that a PK?
Tough call, but those get given so no real complaints from me.
We have a job to do. Good thing is they have to play next week, and we need a goal. Their defense will be tested, and I am confident we will prevail.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

smartbrother wrote:liverpool will give these guys the beating of their lives in rome
just watch
I thought same when Barca went there,lets just wait and see,i am backing Liverpool to win the CL but its a big task ahead.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
lionga wrote:Na wa oh..see Pool fans chewing fingernail.. you'd think they were the ones losing.
The fear of Roma in Rome is the beginning of wisdom
Na why Pool fans dey chew fingernail with 3 goal lead in injury time at Anefield. :lol:
Different game bro
Not doubting you but I'm sure barca fans felt the same way a couple weeks ago.
Different team, different game...The two away goals, plus Barca's experience should get liverpool's antenna well up.
But we'll see...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

like i said before Liverpool will go far in CL because these European team want to play football and Klopp's Liverpool just eats them alive with his tactics. Its now worrying, im afraid over the course of 90mins in a final Liverpool will damage Bayern or Madrid
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote:like i said before Liverpool will go far in CL because these European team want to play football and Klopp's Liverpool just eats them alive with his tactics. Its now worrying, im afraid over the course of 90mins in a final Liverpool will damage Bayern or Madrid
EPL fan boys coming out now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote:
benteke wrote:like i said before Liverpool will go far in CL because these European team want to play football and Klopp's Liverpool just eats them alive with his tactics. Its now worrying, im afraid over the course of 90mins in a final Liverpool will damage Bayern or Madrid
well you can look at it that way. but i can assure you i rather a Roma 3-0 at home again, the prospect of Liverpool in the final terrifies me
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote:
:lol: :lol:
you're not very bright if you think a United fan wants liverpool to win CL just for EPL bragging rights

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
you're not very bright if you think a United fan wants liverpool to win CL just for EPL bragging rights
Gary Neville summed it up nicely for us. But we have a crisis. I will be with Bayern or Madrid to be mature in the final and crush this nonsense
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The YeyeMan wrote:
i take it that this is sarcasm. Mourinho won CL with Porto.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

benteke wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
i take it that this is sarcasm. Mourinho won CL with Porto.
Porto? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

benteke wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
well you can look at it that way. but i can assure you i rather a Roma 3-0 at home again, the prospect of Liverpool in the final terrifies me
Why?
Because you are not a fan of football or because you placed an 'anything-but-EPL' bet at your local bookmaker?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Everyone is lauding Salah, but Firmino is a f-cking beast...

The English media may hype Harry Kane all they want, but Firmino is the best No. 9 in the world right now...

Without Firmino, Klopp's heavy-metal football is a mere lullaby...

Roma would focus on Salah in Rome to their ultimate detriment...if Firmino comes to the party in Rome (even at 90% quality) Roma stand no chance...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good game
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tfco wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
So you just found out that he is not bright?
A man who spend time talking about a league he doesn't watch.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Everyone is lauding Salah, but Firmino is a f-cking beast...

The English media may hype Harry Kane all they want, but Firmino is the best No. 9 in the world right now...

Roma would focus on Salah in Rome to their ultimate detriment...if Firmino comes to the party in Rome (even at 90% quality) Roma stand no chance...
So I ask thisnquestion before how come Gabriel Jesus is starting ahead of him at Brazil?
Some coaches sef
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

kajifu wrote:

So I ask thisnquestion before how come Gabriel Jesus is starting ahead of him at Brazil?
Some coaches sef
Some coaches don't know how to use certain players...
It also depends on the philosophy of the coach...
It takes a Klopp to see a Firmino...Afterall Brendan Rodgers was wasting Firmino at the wings before Klopp...

Brazil Coach Tite should "plagiarise" Klopp before the WCup...and if he employs Firmino & Coutinho in any Brazil formation; and is able to welcome back a healthy Neymar, Brazil go be wahala...
- Bill Shankly
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...watching Liverpool recently, especially yesterday, their front 3 are all selfishers.

Mane being the most selfish...many terrible misses or should have passed
Mo Salah follows...selfish but finishes well when given space
Firmino the least...great hustler and will pass if no room to shoot

All and all great players.

That said, it was 4-0 when I left the room, came back many hours later, na 5-2. Hope that 2 don't come back to haunt Liverpool.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

In this day and age of stats, making such claims makes one to look at the person making it with one kind eye.... I love Firminho, yes he is a beast when he decides, but he is nowhere near Kane as a striker, abeg e rora! Let us not allow our disdain for everything british to becloud our senses....by the way , by what stats are strikers measured again? Their beast mode? Kane was not a hype, you wil only call him a hype when it is not backed up by solid stats! Which begs the question what is the definition of 'Hype'?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

oloye wrote:

In this day and age of stats, making such claims makes one to look at the person making it with one kind eye.... I love Firminho, yes he is a beast when he decides, but he is nowhere near Kane as a striker, abeg e rora! Let us not allow our disdain for everything british to becloud our senses....by the way , by what stats are strikers measured again? Their beast mode? Kane was not a hype, you wil only call him a hype when it is not backed up by solid stats! Which begs the question what is the definition of 'Hype'?
The "hype" is they kept saying Kane should be in the same debate with Messi & CR7...

Firmino makes Liverpool 12 players (instead of 11)...a Claude Makelele in the final third (but with pace, skill & vision)

Firmino is the glue the glue that makes Liverpool's front 3 click...if not for wasteful Mane last night, Firmino might have had 2 more assists...

Ok, Oga Oloye, you were a defender, who'd you prefer to defend against: Firmino or Kane?
- Bill Shankly
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:

The "hype" is they kept saying Kane should be in the same debate with Messi & CR7...

Firmino makes Liverpool 12 players (instead of 11)...a Claude Makelele in the final third (but with pace, skill & vision)

Firmino is the glue the glue that makes Liverpool's front 3 click...if not for wasteful Mane last night, Firmino might have had 2 more assists...

Ok, Oga Oloye, you were a defender, who'd you prefer to defend against: Firmino or Kane?
You make solid points but Firmino isn't a typical #9 like Kane is so the comparison is a bit unfair. When he signed from Hoffenheim, I remember you and I were very high on him. He isn't a #9 though, not even at Hoffenheim, his game is about more than that.
Kane is one of the few true 9s around and he is an absolute terror in his own right. Firmino is more of an allrounder, and will drop deep to orchestrate play...Firmino is Benzema. Kane is Shearer.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Their 3rd goal was offside in the build-up (Salah). Firmino was onside as he was behind the ball.

Ironic that despite having a foreign manager and being excellent in the CL, Liverpool did so by harnessing British football attributes: high intensity and tempo, getting the ball forward quickly, manic pressing and tackling. At times last night their manic tempo reminded me of the Man Utd teams of the SAF years.
tfco wrote::shock: :shock:

how was that a corner??

i thought Pool's 4th goal was offside - Firmino