W/ the US out of the WC,FS has turned to a DNA testing compa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet
W/ the US out of the WC,FS has turned to a DNA testing compa

Post by goke313 »

With the US out of the World Cup, Fox Sports has turned to a DNA testing company in hopes of generating fan interest
~Fox Sports paid $200 million to broadcast this summer's World Cup in the United States, but the U.S. failed to qualify for the tournament.
~So, the network has teamed with genome testing company 23andMe to encourage fans to research their ancestry to find a rooting interest in the World Cup.
~The network has research indicating this could be a sound business strategy.

The World Cup is one of the biggest sporting events in the United States, a time when a nation that pays, relatively speaking, little attention to soccer, collectively gathers to cheer on the good ol' stars and stripes.

So, naturally, Fox Sports shelled out a whopping $200 million for the rights to broadcast the World Cup — a decision which now looks like a disaster from a financial standpoint given that the U.S. has missed qualifying for the World Cup for the first time in over 30 years.

As an alternative, Fox Sports has teamed up with the genome testing company 23andMe to pitch fans on watching the World Cup.

"We're all connected to a World Cup nation through our DNA," proclaims a commercial that began airing recently. "So this summer, root for your roots. Watch the FIFA World Cup on Fox, and let Fox broadcast sponsor 23andMe help you find your team."

According to a report from Anthony Crupi of AdAge, this marketing strategy could turn out to be a solid fallback option for the network.

"According to Robert Gottlieb, executive vP of marketing, Fox Sports, the broadcaster's in-house research discovered that 58 percent of fans who could not pinpoint their ancestral origins said they would watch more of the World Cup tourney if they did know from whence they came," Crupi wrote.

Crupi also reported that the network had been developing this strategy as a contingency plan since before the U.S. had been eliminated from the World Cup.

[/video]

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-spor ... -ad-2018-4
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: W/ the US out of the WC,FS has turned to a DNA testing c

Post by Tbite »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...in America, they know to make money in the truest of forms :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

goke313 wrote:With the US out of the World Cup, Fox Sports has turned to a DNA testing company in hopes of generating fan interest
~Fox Sports paid $200 million to broadcast this summer's World Cup in the United States, but the U.S. failed to qualify for the tournament.
~So, the network has teamed with genome testing company 23andMe to encourage fans to research their ancestry to find a rooting interest in the World Cup.
~The network has research indicating this could be a sound business strategy.

The World Cup is one of the biggest sporting events in the United States, a time when a nation that pays, relatively speaking, little attention to soccer, collectively gathers to cheer on the good ol' stars and stripes.

So, naturally, Fox Sports shelled out a whopping $200 million for the rights to broadcast the World Cup — a decision which now looks like a disaster from a financial standpoint given that the U.S. has missed qualifying for the World Cup for the first time in over 30 years.

As an alternative, Fox Sports has teamed up with the genome testing company 23andMe to pitch fans on watching the World Cup.

"We're all connected to a World Cup nation through our DNA," proclaims a commercial that began airing recently. "So this summer, root for your roots. Watch the FIFA World Cup on Fox, and let Fox broadcast sponsor 23andMe help you find your team."

According to a report from Anthony Crupi of AdAge, this marketing strategy could turn out to be a solid fallback option for the network.

"According to Robert Gottlieb, executive vP of marketing, Fox Sports, the broadcaster's in-house research discovered that 58 percent of fans who could not pinpoint their ancestral origins said they would watch more of the World Cup tourney if they did know from whence they came," Crupi wrote.

Crupi also reported that the network had been developing this strategy as a contingency plan since before the U.S. had been eliminated from the World Cup.

[/video]

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-spor ... -ad-2018-4
Utterly brilliant concept. But let's see if it works first.

Searching for your roots via DNA testing is growing in popularity, what with the TV show hosted by Henry Louis Gates, and the numerous ads by the DNA firms--a friend of Jamaican parentage told me a few days ago that her mom took the DNA test and found out that her roots are 38% Ghana/Ivory Coast, and 15% Nigerian; now she wants to visit Ghana and Nigeria.

Most Torontonians who support Italy during the World Cup do not watch Serie A, or any soccer at all during the League Season; many of them have never even been to Italy. But once the World Cup comes around, the fever takes a hold of them, and sitting in sports bars bragging about Italia's performance becomes the thing to do.

Whoever came up with this World Cup DNA strategy is smart, and it looks very good on paper. But as they say, the taste of the pudding is in the eating.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I can't help but laugh at first but when I think about it it's not a bad idea.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Usually impromptu world cup commercials on US TV gets my attention simply because its the world cup right ? so this morning at the tail end of this world cup promotion was the 23 & me thing " "because we are all connected". I was like - huh !! that's a stretch!!.
Now it all makes sense after reading the above.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

It's funny but I no blame them...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

DNA sweet o

DNQ no good o

:evil:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

A mugu and his hard earned money are soon parted!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho