Arsenal 1 vs 1 Atletico Madrid FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 1 vs 1 Atletico Madrid FT

Post by Nkume »

We should have taken a 1-0 to Madrid.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal 1 vs 1 Atletico Madrid (Lacazette)

Post by ojafranpa »

platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Nketiah should have come in. Wenger so stubborn and scared.
Nketiah??? What exactly has he shown that makes you think he can handle Atletico Madrid's defense better than the players on now?
They need someone that can put the ball in the net bro. Not just stroking the ball around.
I know that. It's been missing today but Nketiah has scored how many goals for Arsenal and against who? There are games and there are games, Atleti at home isnt the place to throw in Nketiah imho, kid would be short one.

It's just the first leg, it's not total desperation time.
Sometimes you have to play your wild card joor.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

platinum wrote:It's just the first leg, it's not total desperation time.

First leg with a man up for 78 mins ? and you dont see desperation ? ok o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Nevertheless, we can still win in Madrid.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

oh well.......what happened to that send off the boys promised? :roll:
wenger is really passed it.....glad he's gojing
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Let us just get a serious Manager in that will do the needful. This junk has continued for far too long. :mad:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Plat the slowness is the issue ..it is predictable and thats why AM LET us have the ball outside and just wait for us .
Thanks. They are too slow reason for a third striker to play.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

charlie wrote:Make no mistake, today was 12 vs 10.
We all know who had 10 players. Ref chose his side in the first 10 mins.

I just hope in the return leg, they find a serious ref, and this mumu is never allowed near a big game in his lfe again
Whoever you are, you're talking complete nonsense. You've gone on and on about the referee despite clear evidence that he's right. I'm sure you're likely a Man U fan...smh
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:Wow!

How did we tie this game?
we r sheet :taunt: :taunt:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Nkume wrote:Nevertheless, we can still win in Madrid.
You have started smoking your stash again?? :roll: :roll:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

platinum wrote:full time, advantage Atleti.

Arsenal must be killers in Madrid.
Ahem,...Madrid no be Moscow.
You should look up ATL's home record this year.
Arsenal is in trouble.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Nkume wrote:Will you guys blame Wenger for this #$% up too>
No, it's my fu.king fault right?

Pfft! :roll:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

mcal wrote:...but why dem play the pineapple face, Costa. Abi the guy don regress since leaving epl? He for harass and dive more against Arsenal defenders.
Still injured. Rumor is he was on the team sheet for antics, you know intimidate Kos and Mustafi from the bench lol
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Ballerin i don't think that guy can improve. All speed and no brain.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 1 vs 0 Atletico Madrid (Lacazette)

Post by platinum »

SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:I felt we would rue these chances .Wenger is very stubborn sha ..change tactics for where ? Played the same thing for 90 mins no man change sef.
I don't get your complaint. Arsenal has dominated , they've just failed to finish. Apart from Nketiah (young pup who has proven ZERO), who would you bring on to finish??
Plat read all my posts..I had asked for Nketiah and Iwobi all game.We are dominating but we are also predictable and its about speed..

We have ..slow Jack, Slow Ozil and Slow Xhaka.. too many predictable pieces .
But the slowness has not been the issue, Arsenal has simply not finished chances and then let in the killer away goal from a stupid mistake. Nothing to do with speed.

Iwobi who cannot finish? Nketiah who has scored exactly how many goals for Arsenal?

Arsenal has played VERY well today save finishing chances. It happens.
bros, we have seen this horror movie far too many times!!! Abegiii!! :boo:

My brother, reason am well......forget say Arsene Wenger be the coach. Did Arsenal not do enough to win this one? If you fail to take your chances, that's not on the coach. There're games where Arsenal are not creating and are bad. Today was not one of those. This was Atleti in their full element, soak, soak, wait for one chance, punish. Arsenal on the other hand had to finish, unfortunately there was Laca (whose chances kept getting saved) and in my opinion, the fall guy today was Welbeck who really didn't test the goalie though he did well in wing play. Other than that, there wasn't anything on the bench.
Arsenal missed the impact of a sub like Aubameyang. Iwobi no for help, ditto Nketiah.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Hell no....i am willing to bet on that.....would you?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Athletico will have their own ref...it will be over in the first half. These muppets are used to losing ,it has become part of their heritage.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

SylverEagles wrote:
You have started smoking your stash again?? :roll: :roll:
waffi-weed.....slow burning for the slow learning :thumbs:

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

$#% happens. It is the same Atletico Madrid team that could not hold on for 5 mins in a Champions league final to Real Madrid.

There is still a second 90 to go. We will have to do it the hard way.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal 1 vs 0 Atletico Madrid (Lacazette)

Post by ojafranpa »

platinum wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:I felt we would rue these chances .Wenger is very stubborn sha ..change tactics for where ? Played the same thing for 90 mins no man change sef.
I don't get your complaint. Arsenal has dominated , they've just failed to finish. Apart from Nketiah (young pup who has proven ZERO), who would you bring on to finish??
Plat read all my posts..I had asked for Nketiah and Iwobi all game.We are dominating but we are also predictable and its about speed..

We have ..slow Jack, Slow Ozil and Slow Xhaka.. too many predictable pieces .
But the slowness has not been the issue, Arsenal has simply not finished chances and then let in the killer away goal from a stupid mistake. Nothing to do with speed.

Iwobi who cannot finish? Nketiah who has scored exactly how many goals for Arsenal?

Arsenal has played VERY well today save finishing chances. It happens.
bros, we have seen this horror movie far too many times!!! Abegiii!! :boo:

My brother, reason am well......forget say Arsene Wenger be the coach. Did Arsenal not do enough to win this one? If you fail to take your chances, that's not on the coach. There're games where Arsenal are not creating and are bad. Today was not one of those. This was Atleti in their full element, soak, soak, wait for one chance, punish. Arsenal on the other hand had to finish, unfortunately there was Laca (whose chances kept getting saved) and in my opinion, the fall guy today was Welbeck who really didn't test the goalie though he did well in wing play. Other than that, there wasn't anything on the bench.
Arsenal missed the impact of a sub like Aubameyang. Iwobi no for help, ditto Nketiah.
Plat, they did not do enough. Doing enough is scoring more goals.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Plat the slowness is the issue ..it is predictable and thats why AM LET us have the ball outside and just wait for us .
That slowness almost killed them. Arsenal simply lacked finishing ability, and Oblak was his usual excellent self.
Look, I am first to criticize Wenger usual, and to call the team out but the main thing against Atleti is to create chances and Arsenal did that. Poor finishing sure.

It was predictable and Atleti couldn't stop it.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

bk-one wrote:
Hell no....i am willing to bet on that.....would you?

Yes I am willing to bet.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Cally wrote:
charlie wrote:Make no mistake, today was 12 vs 10.
We all know who had 10 players. Ref chose his side in the first 10 mins.

I just hope in the return leg, they find a serious ref, and this mumu is never allowed near a big game in his lfe again
Whoever you are, you're talking complete nonsense. You've gone on and on about the referee despite clear evidence that he's right. I'm sure you're likely a Man U fan...smh
:D Problem with some fans....
If you cannot see the referee unfairly influenced this game with his quick whistle especially early in the game, then I cannot help you or your color blindness.

BTW, you no know me, so take your assumptions and shove am! Manure fan ko, Toto fan ni..... :rotf: :rotf:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it