Arsenal 1 vs 1 Atletico Madrid FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 1 vs 1 Atletico Madrid (Lacazette)

Post by platinum »

ojafranpa wrote:
platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Nketiah should have come in. Wenger so stubborn and scared.
Nketiah??? What exactly has he shown that makes you think he can handle Atletico Madrid's defense better than the players on now?
They need someone that can put the ball in the net bro. Not just stroking the ball around.
I know that. It's been missing today but Nketiah has scored how many goals for Arsenal and against who? There are games and there are games, Atleti at home isnt the place to throw in Nketiah imho, kid would be short one.

It's just the first leg, it's not total desperation time.
Sometimes you have to play your wild card joor.
Yes, Arsenal had none on the bench. Nketiah has had ONE decent 'rescue' game for Arsenal. In every other game he has played, he has looked like the young kid he is. Why would you think he'd don Superman's cape against one of the most stifling and mean defenses in Europe? I dont buy that.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal 1 vs 1 Atletico Madrid FT

Post by ojafranpa »

He better go play 3-4-3 in Madrid or else they will kill us bigly.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

Cally wrote:
charlie wrote:Make no mistake, today was 12 vs 10.
We all know who had 10 players. Ref chose his side in the first 10 mins.

I just hope in the return leg, they find a serious ref, and this mumu is never allowed near a big game in his lfe again
Whoever you are, you're talking complete nonsense. You've gone on and on about the referee despite clear evidence that he's right. I'm sure you're likely a Man U fan...smh
That ref has been paid simple. Are those yellow cards during say the second half of a game and after warning the defender? sure. We have also seen many refs not book a player for such challenges.

That said NEVER has there been a case where a ref gives 2 yellows for such challenges in the first 10mins. This ref hand and agenda and he executed superbly.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
platinum wrote:It's just the first leg, it's not total desperation time.

First leg with a man up for 78 mins ? and you dont see desperation ? ok o
Two legged tie. It was more important NOT to concede than it was to score a second. Koscielny screwed that up.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal 1 vs 0 Atletico Madrid (Lacazette)

Post by SylverEagles »

platinum wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
bros, we have seen this horror movie far too many times!!! Abegiii!! :boo:

My brother, reason am well......forget say Arsene Wenger be the coach. Did Arsenal not do enough to win this one? If you fail to take your chances, that's not on the coach. There're games where Arsenal are not creating and are bad. Today was not one of those. This was Atleti in their full element, soak, soak, wait for one chance, punish. Arsenal on the other hand had to finish, unfortunately there was Laca (whose chances kept getting saved) and in my opinion, the fall guy today was Welbeck who really didn't test the goalie though he did well in wing play. Other than that, there wasn't anything on the bench.
Arsenal missed the impact of a sub like Aubameyang. Iwobi no for help, ditto Nketiah.
My brother, sometimes you see the same thing happen so many times and you just have to conclude that it is not about luck or mistake. We saw this same movie against Manure. Did all the playing while they did all the scoring. How many times do you just know that the Arsenal defence is good for one (or even two) horribly bad goal? I mean, Arsenal might as well start with -1 on the board.

You say the players are to blame, na who assemble them? Look, don't want to belabor the point. The man is on the way out anyways! Thank God for that!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
platinum wrote:
Nketiah??? What exactly has he shown that makes you think he can handle Atletico Madrid's defense better than the players on now?
They need someone that can put the ball in the net bro. Not just stroking the ball around.
I know that. It's been missing today but Nketiah has scored how many goals for Arsenal and against who? There are games and there are games, Atleti at home isnt the place to throw in Nketiah imho, kid would be short one.

Yes, Arsenal had none on the bench. Nketiah has had ONE decent 'rescue' game for Arsenal. In every other game he has played, he has looked like the young kid he is. Why would you think he'd don Superman's cape against one of the most stifling and mean defenses in Europe? I dont buy that.
Hindsight is to give him 20-25 mins.Plat we definitely need another outlet in that game.
Last edited by ojafranpa on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
Cally wrote:

I just hope in the return leg, they find a serious ref, and this mumu is never allowed near a big game in his lfe again
Whoever you are, you're talking complete nonsense. You've gone on and on about the referee despite clear evidence that he's right. I'm sure you're likely a Man U fan...smh
:D Problem with some fans....
If you cannot see the referee unfairly influenced this game with his quick whistle especially early in the game, then I cannot help you or your color blindness.

BTW, you no know me, so take your assumptions and shove am! Manure fan ko, Toto fan ni..... :rotf: :rotf:
Charlie you sef, fire birn person for body you dey ask if the fire hot...abeg go siddon you suppose they help rub oil not pepper!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The team played well. I truly think we will score in Madrid, if Atletico come out to play.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

oloye wrote:
charlie wrote:
Cally wrote:

If you cannot see the referee unfairly influenced this game with his quick whistle especially early in the game, then I cannot help you or your color blindness.

BTW, you no know me, so take your assumptions and shove am! Manure fan ko, Toto fan ni..... :rotf: :rotf:
Charlie you sef, fire birn person for body you dey ask if the fire hot...abeg go siddon you suppose they help rub oil not pepper!
Charlie it was a well deserved red.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

charlie wrote:
platinum wrote:full time, advantage Atleti.

Arsenal must be killers in Madrid.
Ahem,...Madrid no be Moscow.
You should look up ATL's home record this year.
Arsenal is in trouble.
well aware of their home record, i pointed it out during the game. This was a missed chance. Arsenal absolutely had to win by multiple goals and NOT concede.
At any rate, we will see what happens in Madrid. They cannot cry about this, they just have to play with cojones.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

bonecrusher wrote:
Cally wrote:

That ref has been paid simple. Are those yellow cards during say the second half of a game and after warning the defender? sure. We have also seen many refs not book a player for such challenges.

That said NEVER has there been a case where a ref gives 2 yellows for such challenges in the first 10mins. This ref hand and agenda and he executed superbly.
No mind am. The bobo thinks everyone must be as biased as he is, or else na bed belle.
This game was shaping up to be a cracker from the first minute. The ref spoilt it, so personally as a neutral, I am just happy his effect was somewhat nullified.

The return leg will be very interesting, but Arsenal have their work seriously cut out for them.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
The fact that this is true is a sad indictment on the management of this team, is it not?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 1 vs 0 Atletico Madrid (Lacazette)

Post by platinum »

SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
bros, we have seen this horror movie far too many times!!! Abegiii!! :boo:

My brother, reason am well......forget say Arsene Wenger be the coach. Did Arsenal not do enough to win this one? If you fail to take your chances, that's not on the coach. There're games where Arsenal are not creating and are bad. Today was not one of those. This was Atleti in their full element, soak, soak, wait for one chance, punish. Arsenal on the other hand had to finish, unfortunately there was Laca (whose chances kept getting saved) and in my opinion, the fall guy today was Welbeck who really didn't test the goalie though he did well in wing play. Other than that, there wasn't anything on the bench.
Arsenal missed the impact of a sub like Aubameyang. Iwobi no for help, ditto Nketiah.
My brother, sometimes you see the same thing happen so many times and you just have to conclude that it is not about luck or mistake. We saw this same movie against Manure. Did all the playing while they did all the scoring. How many times do you just know that the Arsenal defence is good for one (or even two) horribly bad goal? I mean, Arsenal might as well start with -1 on the board.

You say the players are to blame, na who assemble them? Look, don't want to belabor the point. The man is on the way out anyways! Thank God for that!

The movies I remember are the ones v Anderlecht and Monaco where Arsenal created little and didnt deserve wins. Those are the familiar stories. Today, and that United game? Well, the finishing was rough and the mistakes in defense were rougher. Today, it was the most experienced player on the pitch who killed Arsenal.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ojafranpa wrote:
platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
platinum wrote:

Hindsight is to give him 20-25 mins.Plat we definitely need another outlet in that game.
That outlet was not on the bench, that much I know.

This why it was risky to get rid of Theo, Giroud AND Alexis, all proven scorers. Arsenal had no Aubameyang and nothing on the bench worth it's fart's weight in goals.

THAT was the difference.

Oh and Koscielny goofing against his international teammate
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
The fact that this is true is a sad indictment on the management of this team, is it not?
That much I agree with. However whats done is done, the man is finally leaving right? My ting be say TODAY, that was less a function of Arsene and more of poor finishing and Kos.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

By the way, that Koscielny angel* has been costing Arsenal for far too long!!! I remember the numerous PKs he gave up earlier in his Arsenal career. Just add this one to his bulging catalog! Idiota!! :mad:
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Plat the slowness is the issue ..it is predictable and thats why AM LET us have the ball outside and just wait for us .
That slowness almost killed them. Arsenal simply lacked finishing ability, and Oblak was his usual excellent self.
Look, I am first to criticize Wenger usual, and to call the team out but the main thing against Atleti is to create chances and Arsenal did that. Poor finishing sure.

It was predictable and Atleti couldn't stop it.
Funny thing is this is typical Atleti. Teams create chances against them but I think because of the compactness of the team and how the Atleti defenders rush the stirkers once they get the ball has something to do with the poor finishing. Well there is that and then you can add the heroics of Oblak.

That said, there comes a game every now and then where Atleti doesn't get so "lucky" and they end up losing and sometimes badly like they did over the weekend vs Sociedad.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Our defenders sabotaged our entire season think about it...all those away losses. Chambers strange hand at West Brom, Monreal and Cech at Swansea, Cech at Brighton etc even when we were in match winning positions they contrived to throw the game away.

We only had to defend a few times in the game today and we could not even do it properly....na wah for us.
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bonecrusher wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Plat the slowness is the issue ..it is predictable and thats why AM LET us have the ball outside and just wait for us .
That slowness almost killed them. Arsenal simply lacked finishing ability, and Oblak was his usual excellent self.
Look, I am first to criticize Wenger usual, and to call the team out but the main thing against Atleti is to create chances and Arsenal did that. Poor finishing sure.

It was predictable and Atleti couldn't stop it.
Funny thing is this is typical Atleti. Teams create chances against them but I think because of the compactness of the team and how the Atleti defenders rush the stirkers once they get the ball has something to do with the poor finishing. Well there is that and then you can add the heroics of Oblak.

That said, there comes a game every now and then where Atleti doesn't get so "lucky" and they end up losing and sometimes badly like they did over the weekend vs Sociedad.
You're exactly right. However those losses are not usually in Madrid. It was crucial to keep them off the scoreboard today.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Nkume wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Nkume wrote:Nevertheless, we can still win in Madrid.
Hell no....i am willing to bet on that.....would you?

Yes I am willing to bet.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I am in.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Hold up. Stop the tape, this kid needs to be locked away, Dr Dre dont just stand there, operate...Re-e-wind, when the crowd says no, selecta! Alas the circle is complete, just as it was in the beginning, JETS and Jay Simpson, t’is now a cry for Eddie Udehjiofor Nketiah vs one of the finest defences in Europe. Lol!!!

Fiver on the young lad to Michael Owen at the Calderon.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Skylolo wrote:Our defenders sabotaged our entire season think about it...all those away losses. Chambers strange hand at West Brom, Monreal and Cech at Swansea, Cech at Brighton etc even when we were in match winning positions they contrived to throw the game away.

We only had to defend a few times in the game today and we could not even do it properly....na wah for us.
Twice that I remember Arsenal having ti defend.

Atleti are one of the few sides I've seen who may be better with ten men so those wey dey lambast the ref need to slow down :rotf:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

ojafranpa wrote:
oloye wrote:
charlie wrote:
Cally wrote:

Charlie it was a well deserved red.
Bros O! How bodi? Ok ooo, I go use pears baby jelly instead of kerosene.

@ojafranpa, I wont argue that both yellow cards where not clear fouls, because they where.
Just saying that experienced refs know how to keep their hands away from their pockets in big games so they dont unfairly infleunce the match with rash decisions.

This ref reffed this game as an amature from start to finish. He was more interested in proving he was Oga patapata, instead of not trying to influence the game or the result.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it