So what's the Excuse

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
So what's the Excuse

Post by juventuss »

1. ccc ?
2. Okocha and kanu not training with rest of team
3. CCC was not allowed to pick his best team ?

I can't wait to hear this.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

CCC = Complete Clueless Clown.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

CHC, i thought we were going to storm through the ANC? I thought we were unbeatable under CCC? I thought this was going to be a walk in the park? I thought we were going to easily beat Morocco? I thought CCC was a tactical genius? What happened?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EW
i thought you knew better
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

The bottom line is that we have not solved the same problem we had at the Word Cup with Onigbinde, and that is to feed the ball to our strikers from midfield.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

tactical kini ?

Let me tell you what the eurosport commentator said.

"christian chukwu does not have any technical skills" then the other said "well with the caliber of players he had, he probably expected them to get on the field and figure things out" ...
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Omey2K4 said so. Very sad day. I did not watch the game, so was that the worst SE outing at the ANC in a long time or what?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

oloye, i see you're not familiar with sarcasm.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

CCC no doubt.
Well lets not lick fresh wounds.
Lawal and Ikedia gasto start against SA or else!!!
Peter Obi For President 2023
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

CLueless!!! I thot the eurosport commentator aptly put it. Where are those CCC shrinners, make dem explain how oga mi do dis one :twisted:
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Uzoma: you know you are in deep $@#% when you start relying on Lawal and Ikedia.
http://www.naijiant.com/
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

ikedia was used in the best possible way he can be used, i.e as a late sub. the boy is no starter with all due respect to him.

strange to say it, but lawal would appear to have a role in the current set-up. no use bemoaning his selsction; now that he is with us, lets use him as best we can, namely, to bolster what was [by the sounds of it anyway], a very porous midfield.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Okocha and Kanu cannot play together;
Kanu cannot start - left no me now, he barely even makes the team;

Anyways, all good coaches have bad games; the great ones learn from their mistakes; I wait to see how Chukwu responds to this before I pillage him;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff Sgt Cota VI
Egg
Egg

Post by Staff Sgt Cota VI »

Chukwu was plain useless...

Even a novice knows that the traditional diamond formation no longer works in football....To add insult to Injury, the "Son of a Gun" played Kanu, Jay Jay, and Utaka in the midfield with only Olu....ja as the defensive minded players. I also couldn't understad the inclusion of Ayigbeni in the team....the guy works hard but at this stage, hardwork alone isn't going to get the Job done. As per our defence, the weakest link was Okronkwo...his lack of first team football clearly showed.....

I wouldn't count Nigeria out yet cos it's just one game. What we need to do is play with a sense of urgency.....Next game, we need to revert to our traditional 4-4-2 formation...with Agala and Julius up front...Lawal on the Left and either Ikedia or Utaka on the Right.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail...now you can blame who you want, but that my friends is the true jist

1. Blame the NFA for just being NFA
2. Blame the players for deciding when to show up to camp
3. Blame the fans who make players look better than they really are
4. Blame CCC for not really understanding La regle de jeux
5. Blame Nigerians for the Nigerian factor - You know, the fire brigade approach

Having said this, i believe the Eagles will bounce back against South Africa. I don't think we will go too far in the tournament though.

As a continuing Super Eagles fan, one thing I have learnt today is that our players are good but they are not nearly as good as we have made them to be, Im judging based on this game, Angola, Brazil, WCs. We have talented players but we do not have a team and the main reason for this is lack of continuity. W play a game against Japan with 3rd string team and them present a different team for the ANC..We have to understand that this A team, B team business is not working. We need to present as good a team as we can get for each friendlies we play so we can identify our lapses quicker.

One more thing, I think Kanu should pack it in after these games are over..Thank you :roll:
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Kanu should never play at the same time as JJ. Also, Kanu should not be a starter. And only one DM ? Also what was Utaka's role - striker #4 ?

the philosophy behind this approach is warped.

I actually have to compliment the team for keeping the score respectable. It could have been a lot worse.

minus Kanu, the outcome might have been different.

but again just one DM ?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This loss is a big wakeup call for all concerned. Hopefully this is just a bump on the road to success.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Lagbaja
Egg
Egg
Excuse!!!

Post by Lagbaja »

Thing is, its hard 2 say really, its was a series of errors. CCC cannot be absolved of blame actually. He seemed 2 be listening 2 people who said we needed cover by d midfielders so what does he do? he played kanu and okocha well deep. By doing that he starved our strikers of vital supply upfront. Kanu for the love of God shouldnt have started that game and Ikedia should, i was one of those clamouring for him to be used as a bit part player but from what i saw 2day, he was causing serious problems for the morrocans. Olofinjana, George abbey, utaka as far as im concerned played well, Abbey for me was a revelation. Now, to okoronkwo and yobo, there is no excuse for yobo, he plays week in week out okoronkwo on the other hand has no played at all this season, so why is he in the team eh? i wonder. For crying out loud, why Enyeama again huh? we can do better than that. We saw his defeciencies in d world cup, he missed all d crosses, we saw it against brazil, he missed all d crossed, and against morroco, guess what???? HE MISSED ALL D BLOODY CROSSES. He could not shout on yobo to stop go forward and play rather than block his line of vision for the first goal. How tall is d man, what 5ft 4 inches? in this day and age of keepers well over 6ft. Yakubu for a very strong and relatively fast should not have remained in d left for too long. Of all d obvious things in that match, the most obvious i think is we know to start agali from what we saw today and we also know aghahowa is a great finisher but other have 2 do all the dirty work and literarily place d ball at his feet in front of goal, more like our Owen, what that suggests to me is that we need alot of work by okocha, kanu, ikedia, yakubu and or utaka who are tasked wit feeding him and or agali. This is my own opinion of the match but not an excuse for the boys, there aint any xcuses, those things dont exist in modern day football, either u play well or u dont. We shall overcome eh.
LATER!!!
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

The guy is right..we could have lost that game 3-0..for real and then it would have been curtains. lets just not underestimate S. Africa, and even Benin. If we lose or draw to Benin, make I no even think am..God forbid bad thing.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Staff Sgt Cota VI wrote:Chukwu was plain useless...

Even a novice knows that the traditional diamond formation no longer works in football....To add insult to Injury, the "Son of a Gun" played Kanu, Jay Jay, and Utaka in the midfield with only Olu....ja as the defensive minded players. I also couldn't understad the inclusion of Ayigbeni in the team....the guy works hard but at this stage, hardwork alone isn't going to get the Job done. As per our defence, the weakest link was Okronkwo...his lack of first team football clearly showed.....

I wouldn't count Nigeria out yet cos it's just one game. What we need to do is play with a sense of urgency.....Next game, we need to revert to our traditional 4-4-2 formation...with Agala and Julius up front...Lawal on the Left and either Ikedia or Utaka on the Right.
Very well said.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Jimi I don dey used to dat fact tey tey. As long as the thickos at NFA are allowed to remain, Nigeria go just be a has been for the world of football.

Let's go back to the transition to the current crop of eagles. It has been handled shoddily. Anyway that's all sour grapes now. One would have thought that after our woeful performance at the last WC, Nigeria would have done some serious soul searching. Oh! I forgot that that is alien to Nigeria. Soul searching I mean. Agh the whole thing just sucks.

Nigeria Oh Nigeria that kills it's promise and hopes! Oh! I weep for Nigeria. :( :oops: :oops: :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051