Oliseh prayer just got answered..Sittard wins promotion....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Oliseh prayer just got answered..Sittard wins promotion....

Post by zee »

I no-no wetin to think folks...............
Oliseh prays Dutch club Fortuna Sittard win promotion today despite controversial exit

Sunday Oliseh has said he hopes Fortuna Sittard win promotion to the Dutch top flight today despite quitting the club amid a lot of controversies.

Sittard will return to the Dutch top division after many years in the lower league should they beat PSV II today.(result 1:0)
Oliseh and Sittard have parted ways after an acrimonious separation, but the former Nigeria coach said that he will take most of the credit for the return of the club to the top league.

“It will be a huge thing for me if they are promoted because even though I am no longer with the team, I did most of the work and it will count on my CV,” Oliseh told Channels Television.

“I hope the boys deliver on the day.”
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/04/28/o ... sial-exit/
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oliseh prayer just got answered..Sittard wins promotion.

Post by cchinukw »

Wow! Ope o. Even though they have parted ways. :thumb: :thumb:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cchinukw wrote:Wow! Ope o. Even though they have parted ways. :thumb: :thumb:
Yes! He laid the foundation, mounted the bricks to the highest level, except putting the roof. If the club had won a championship title, he would have gotten a RING
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Odas wrote:
Yes! He laid the foundation, mounted the bricks to the highest level, except putting the roof. If the club had won a championship title, he would have gotten a RING

do European clubs give rings or medals?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Odas wrote:
do European clubs give rings or medals?
I DON'T know, but he would have gotten something (a share) from whatever other club personnel got
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Congrats to Oliseh. He put the ingredients and pot on the fire. Someone else finished the cooking and chopping. I hope they give him credit for putting the pot on the fire and some of the stew.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Odas wrote:
The current coach takes the glory.

Oliseh will just be a footnote. For us his fellow countrymen though, that is a big deal. Just saying.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cchinukw wrote:
Odas wrote:

Oliseh will just be a footnote. For us his fellow countrymen though, that is a big deal. Just saying.
You're not ALLOWED to tell the truth on this site. Just congratulate the man and move on
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Odas wrote:

You're not ALLOWED to tell the truth on this site. Just congratulate the man and move on
You dis man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Odas wrote:

But I did na :mrgreen:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cchinukw wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Odas wrote:

But I did na :mrgreen:
OK o. Brace ya sef. :tic:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Odas wrote:

Oliseh will just be a footnote.
For us his fellow countrymen though, that is a big deal. Just saying.
:roll:
you're funny.

The coach who secured 90% of their points will be a footnote.
Watch Sittard get relegated next season (i hope), then we will see about glory

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Odas wrote:

you're funny.

Ol boy, though "footnote" is a bit dramatic, lets examine the effect on their cv from both managers perspective.

Oliseh: I was in charge of FS and got them about 80-90% wins but was let go (sacked before I could finish the job) (positive to negative)

Current manager: I took over when FS title push was faltering. They had just sacked their coach. I steadied the ship, got results going the right way and (I) won promotion to the top tier in that year. (negative to positive)

Oliseh's cv could have been: When I took charge, the team was close to relegation and in my first season in European football, I got the team playing as a unit and we won record number of games and I got the team promoted with few games to spare. All these in my first year at the club. ( All positives)

This is my point. Oliseh is settling for less when this could have been huge on his cv, just seeing his team over the line
Last edited by pajimoh on Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Well attitude plays a major and significant role the altitude one reaches. When one lacks the right attitude the altitude one reaches is always minimal not optimal.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Odas wrote:

you're funny.

Ol boy, though "footnote" is a bit dramatic, lets examine the effect on their cv from both managers perspective.

Oliseh: I was in charge of FS and got them about 80-90% wins but was let go (sacked before I could finish the job) (positive to negative)

Current manager: I took over when FS title push was faltering. They had just sacked their coach. I steadied the ship, got results going the right way and (I) won promotion to the top tier in that year. (negative to positive)

Oliseh's cv could have been: When I took charge, the team was close to relegation and in my first season in European football, I got the team playing as a unit and we won record number of games and I got the team promoted with few games to spare. All these in my first year at the club. ( All positives)

This is my point. Oliseh is settling for less when this could have been huge on his cv, just seeing his team over the line
based on your opaks (well opaks is a bit dramatic)

Darren Moore has relegated WBA

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Odas wrote:

you're funny.

based on your opaks (well opaks is a bit dramatic)

Darren Moore has relegated WBA
He who laughs last and I'm sure you can make a distinction from the two issues. DM is winning his games. If he had lost all his games we won't be giving him rave reviews now would we. The current Fortuna coach won games. Who do you think will be giving all the interviews? Oliseh or the current coach?

Oliseh might and should claim some credit but I still insist it's not the same as seeing his team over the line. That honor has been given to someone else.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

pajimoh wrote:Congrats to Oliseh. He put the ingredients and pot on the fire. Someone else finished the cooking and chopping. I hope they give him credit for putting the pot on the fire and some of the stew.
Anyone who chooses to consider him as a manager would definitely factor his stint at Fortuna.
The club won’t give him credit because of the bad blood between them, but no serious technical analysis of the team this season will credit him anything short of a major credit.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Fair to get credit where due.

Yes, I realize there was an ugly split, and every side for themselves, BUT I suspect there are players with good relationships with Oliseh. My point is (maybe I am wrong), but maybe his tweet should have been more about congratulating the lads than how this impacts his CV?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Fair to get credit where due.

Yes, I realize there was an ugly split, and every side for themselves, BUT I suspect there are players with good relationships with Oliseh. My point is (maybe I am wrong), but maybe his tweet should have been more about congratulating the lads than how this impacts his CV?
Lets not kid ourselves. Oliseh is aware of what this could have done for his blooming career. He must get something out of this. The last impression of him should not be a court room drama. Attention must be turned back to what he achieved on the pitch.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

pajimoh wrote:Congrats to Oliseh. He put the ingredients and pot on the fire. Someone else finished the cooking and chopping. I hope they give him credit for putting the pot on the fire and some of the stew.
what counts is DID HE FINISH; anybody can start a PHD program or foundation for a mansion - just go to Nigeria and see for yourself. If he didn't have enough discipline to see the work to finish then he needs to STFU
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Congrats. He deserves a lot of credit for this. I think if he can find owners he can work well with he can find another job.