Injuries a blessing in disguise...Let them rest abeg!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Injuries a blessing in disguise...Let them rest abeg!!

Post by nzeogwu »

Iwobi, hamstring
Ndidi, hamstring
Obi, Balogun, Ebuehi

Before we complained that our starters are not playing enough, now, ALL of them are playing even if they don't score. Let them chill. Abeg!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Injuries a blessing in disguise...Let them rest abeg!!

Post by Tbite »

ehmmm, Injury is not really the way about it.

Then you have to ask yourself if they will regain fitness in time, and if they do, if they will have match fitness.

With Ndidi for example, it was good that he was playing, but ideally he would have been given rest periods. You do not want extended periods of rest, but intervals. Coming off at he 80 minute mark every now and then, missing the odd Cup game etc.

Of course Injury can even be niggling. What does Injury-prone really mean anyway? I am sure physios and doctors will agree that some individuals may be more susceptible to injury based on their biology, some might have longer recovery times etc, but how many of these individuals are 'injury-prone' simply because they have picked up lasting injuries.

Did Joel Obi and Obasi pick up some devastating injuries that have complicated their careers?

Injury is a dangerous thing, and we must not toy around with the idea. More important than even the World Cup itself, is that Ndidi never has any lasting injuries! A player like him will go the distance otherwise.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Something not mentioned, is Arsenal's poor rehab team that Wenger had to work with.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Let me clarify the last sentence I made.

I am not saying Ndidi's career is more important than the WC, i.e. a Obinna Nsofor gaffe. What I mean is that in his career as long as he stays injury free, he will have the opportunity to feature in numerous prestigious tournaments.

I think he will be ready in time, but I don't want to hear any stories of playing through injury or anything like that.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

I guess Etebo, Obi and Ogu will have to play in Ndidi's absence over the next six weeks.