Danfo. Your men Bailly and Mou?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Danfo. Your men Bailly and Mou?

Post by YUJAM »

Bartra is having a great season at Betis which is on the verge of Euro spot

The rest of the guys have had mixed fortunes. Caceres has a had a decent career. Muniesta was OK in La Liga. Montoya was doing very well at Valencia who are no 3 or 4 in La Liga. I am not sure the Ukrainian played under Pep?

Fontas plays for Celta De Vigo
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:Don't see what the fuss is about Umiti. Anyone Dzeko can out-run is not worth getting.
Umtiti is actually a very very good player. However, it think like John Stones, he went to the wrong club. I will explain what I mean. Personally, I think a young defender should learn how to defend under a defensive-minded coach, be a master of defending before going to play for Guardiola or barcelona. This is because if they go to Guardiola or Barca at a young age, I feel that they may not develop their defensive capacity, as deeply as they should. Look at John Stones, fantastic player, but he cant even get a game anymore. And when he plays, he is a mistake waiting to happen.

Pique
Oleguer
Martin Carceres
Chygryski
Fontas
Sergi Gomez
Muniesa
Montoya
Batra — remember him? The guy you said was better than Eric Bailly?? Yea, Dortmund told him to fook off, and now he is with the Great Betis :lol:
Victor Sanchez
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

My point remains. Just as with City, Barca under Pep had an excellent defensive record, so the theory being proposed here is without merit. As proven by Pique, Montoya, and, yes, Batra- an excellent CD whose problem at Barca was the calibre of players ahead of him.

His departure from Dortmund had nothing to do with his performance.

YUJAM wrote:Bartra is having a great season at Betis which is on the verge of Euro spot

The rest of the guys have had mixed fortunes. Caceres has a had a decent career. Muniesta was OK in La Liga. Montoya was doing very well at Valencia who are no 3 or 4 in La Liga. I am not sure the Ukrainian played under Pep?

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
airwolex wrote:Don't see what the fuss is about Umiti. Anyone Dzeko can out-run is not worth getting.
Umtiti is actually a very very good player. However, it think like John Stones, he went to the wrong club. I will explain what I mean. Personally, I think a young defender should learn how to defend under a defensive-minded coach, be a master of defending before going to play for Guardiola or barcelona. This is because if they go to Guardiola or Barca at a young age, I feel that they may not develop their defensive capacity, as deeply as they should. Look at John Stones, fantastic player, but he cant even get a game anymore. And when he plays, he is a mistake waiting to happen.

Pique
Oleguer
Martin Carceres
Chygryski
Fontas
Sergi Gomez
Muniesa
Montoya
Batra — remember him? The guy you said was better than Eric Bailly?? Yea, Dortmund told him to fook off, and now he is with the Great Betis :lol:
Victor Sanchez
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:Bartra is having a great season at Betis which is on the verge of Euro spot

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Pique
Oleguer
Martin Carceres
Chygryski
Fontas
Sergi Gomez
Muniesa
Montoya
Victor Sanchez
Uncle, i know all of them very well and where they are and how theg are doing.

My point is very clear. My point is not that they are bad. For instance, Fontas has been wuite reliable for Celta and did cery well in that lone season with Luis enrique where i think theh almost went to Europe.

My point is that a young defenser who plays under Pep or ar Barca at a young formative age, doea not learn the inportant part of defending, and relies more on distribution and tactical aggression. Almost all the young defenders who have played under Pep or at Barca, suffer the same issues, defensively. Stones is suffering it now, and Laporte is showing signs of the same.

As for Chygrinski, he did not only play under Pep, Pep brought him to Barca.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:My point remains. Just as with City, Barca under Pep had an excellent defensive record, so the theory being proposed here is without merit. As proven by Pique, Montoya, and, yes, Batra- an excellent CD whose problem at Barca was the calibre of players ahead of him.

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Pique
Oleguer
Martin Carceres
Chygryski
Fontas
Sergi Gomez
Muniesa
Montoya
Victor Sanchez

It is clear that you don’t know the topic we are discussing. And yes, Pep’s teams ALWAYS have fantastic defensive record, because they defend heavily from the top and most opponents they play do not attack them. However, when they play against top teams, they usually crumble. We all saw what Real, Monaco and United have done to them. But, like I said, that is not the topic, and it is clear to me that you and I are discussing two different topics.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:My point remains. Just as with City, Barca under Pep had an excellent defensive record, so the theory being proposed here is without merit. As proven by Pique, Montoya, and, yes, Batra- an excellent CD whose problem at Barca was the calibre of players ahead of him.

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Pique
Oleguer
Martin Carceres
Chygryski
Fontas
Sergi Gomez
Muniesa
Montoya
Victor Sanchez

It is clear that you don’t know the topic we are discussing. And yes, Pep’s teams ALWAYS have fantastic defensive record, because they defend heavily from the top and most opponents they play do not attack them. However, when they play against top teams, they usually crumble. We all saw what Real, Monaco and United have done to them. But, like I said, that is not the topic, and it is clear to me that you and I are discussing two different topics.
Funny...

Defending from the top is a form of defence in its own right. You make it sound like that is not defense...

Some would argue that it places much greater burden on the defenders, requiring them, among other things to:

1. hold a high line
2. recover the ball technically
3. become the the basis of the initial build up phase...

Its a lot easier to play defense in a low block and go for agricultural clearances...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Eric Bailly dropped because he is not going to World Cup, says José Mourinho

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ter-united
Mon Generale! :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
Funny...

Defending from the top is a form of defence in its own right. You make it sound like that is not defense...

Some would argue that it places much greater burden on the defenders, requiring them, among other things to:

1. hold a high line
2. recover the ball technically
3. become the the basis of the initial build up phase...

Its a lot easier to play defense in a low block and go for agricultural clearances...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You just want to argue. Not interested. Like I said above, you and I are discussing two different issues.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Arsenal should put in a bid for Bailly this summer. Give him something to think about
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bailly is not going anywhere
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:Arsenal should put in a bid for Bailly this summer. Give him something to think about
Whatever Bailly has to think about, even you know that he will NEVER reduce himself to play for a small Europa League Club. You think General Bailly is Bartra? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"Give him something to think about"... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Mou continues his rich tradition of destroying world class players. Bailly his latest victim
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:Mou continues his rich tradition of destroying world class players. Bailly his latest victim
You cannot destroy that which doesn't exist in the first place. Bailly is a talented player, but like I told you and danfo, he is not an elite centerback talent.

Umtiti is at least 1 level above him...

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

How did. Ailly turn from one of the premiership top defenders into mediocre, something is really wrong
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Bailly has pace and power. So much so in fact that he can make a mistake, let the attacker go past him, and has so much speed that he can still recover and dispossess the attacker. A bit raw though and needs to improve his positioning and distribution. If he sorts those out, he will be elite.
txj wrote: You cannot destroy that which doesn't exist in the first place. Bailly is a talented player, but like I told you and danfo, he is not an elite centerback talent.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Bailly has pace and power. So much so in fact that he can make a mistake, let the attacker go past him, and has so much speed that he can still recover and dispossess the attacker. A bit raw though and needs to improve his positioning and distribution. If he sorts those out, he will be elite.
txj wrote: You cannot destroy that which doesn't exist in the first place. Bailly is a talented player, but like I told you and danfo, he is not an elite centerback talent.

If if if, but when will it happen? Umtiti is already there...worse is he's playing for a coach who is not the best at improving players...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Umtiti is a better player than Bailly, De Gea is a better GK than our Uzoho, and Mane is a better player than our Kalu who we are touting as the next big thing. So what? Should we execute Bailly, Uzoho, and Kalu for the crime of not being as good as other players?

maceo4 wrote:
If if if, but when will it happen? Umtiti is already there...worse is he's playing for a coach who is not the best at improving players...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Umtiti is a better player than Bailly, De Gea is a better GK than our Uzoho, and Mane is a better player than our Kalu who we are touting as the next big thing. So what? Should we execute Bailly, Uzoho, and Kalu for the crime of not being as good as other players?

maceo4 wrote:
Bros you are missing the context, danfo has been saying Bailly is better than Umtiti, which has been proven wrong.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

One doesn’t forget how to play football. How does he go from being a very good player in Spain, a standout last season to, to being an outcast this season, villainized and blamed by Mou?

Bailly is a class footballer. He may not be Umtiti. Who is after all? But he’s demonstrated he is elite

Point is this is all Mou. How many players has he cast out like this? DeBruyne, Salah.. It goes on
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:Arsenal should put in a bid for Bailly this summer. Give him something to think about
Whatever Bailly has to think about, even you know that he will NEVER reduce himself to play for a small Europa League Club. You think General Bailly is Bartra? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"Give him something to think about"... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lol...joke on you Danfo. Bailly must be thoroughly enjoying his 20min/5 game cameo appearances . At this rate he wont have to worry about any midweek game travels at all.
Again, Arsenal should consider a Jan bid for Bailly
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Bailley has ran his race, not been playing well lately.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Mou continues his rich tradition of destroying world class players. Bailly his latest victim
You cannot destroy that which doesn't exist in the first place. Bailly is a talented player, but like I told you and danfo, he is not an elite centerback talent.

what level was umpitty dumpitty today? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

World Cup winning level...he’s clearly just returning from a long injury layoff and trying to regain form but it’s not even close, there is no one comparing the two outside of this forum it’s quite clear who is miles better.
Super Eagus 4 Life!