SE Clinic: Injuries & Updates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Iwobi Injured

Post by Cally »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Iwobi 's goal rate is absolutely horrendous for a forward in the with as many games as he has played. Dude had 2 goals n 23 games. Same among of goals Kolasinic has even though he's started far fewer games.
Should be better for sure, his progress has definitely stagnated at club level, but hopefully it doesn't affect his SE form.
He's timid and unwilling to take the bull by the horn. I'm afraid that he might disappear into obscurity without Wenger. I'd start Musa and Simon ahead of him in Russia.
Irrelevant opinion.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi Injured

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Iwobi 's goal rate is absolutely horrendous for a forward in the with as many games as he has played. Dude had 2 goals n 23 games. Same among of goals Kolasinic has even though he's started far fewer games.
Should be better for sure, his progress has definitely stagnated at club level, but hopefully it doesn't affect his SE form.
He's timid and unwilling to take the bull by the horn. I'm afraid that he might disappear into obscurity without Wenger. I'd start Musa and Simon ahead of him in Russia.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yea, Iwobi had Wenger on the bench when he destroyed Argentina and sent mascherano to China. Sometimes, its good for you to sit down, take a breather and slap yourself with a hot frying pan.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: SE Clinic: Injuries & Updates

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have had a hammy before and it comes and goes,( i do get them a lot ) all you have to do is rest, 2-4 weeks depending on your level of physical activities, I still feel a slight pain when i press it.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndidi injured!

Post by oloye »

Goldleaf wrote:
oloye wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Sir V wrote:https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ed-1512189

Lets pray he will come back in 4-6 weeks. But it is not looking good.
Hamstring injury is always trouble. The moment you come out of it, apart from lingering in the mind for a while, any stretching beyind normal in tackles, jumping for headers etc, there is always the risk of tweaking it again thereby affecting fitness levels. The good thing is that Ndidi is young and recovery in the young is often quick and total. In my own last days of active football (amateur), it was the recurring hamstring injury that put an end to it.
I think players have become smarter now, once they feel tightness around the harmmy they simply pull up and stop. As long as it is not a tear, a couple of weeks rest clears it off...3-4 weeks rest. He should be okay for the WC hopefully. He needs that rest and i am happy his body has forced him to take it.
Oloye,

Did you suffer hamstring injuries too? I assume from stretching and sliding tackles (which is meat and drink for CBs), you would have.
You can get harmy just by sprinting! Yes i had it a couple of times. When i was playing i suffered from what they called tight muscles, i remember i used to ingest water mixed with salt, latter i found solace in pouring two teaspoon of salt in my fanta to help me cope. I have to do a lot of stretches and warm ups not to pull my muscles.

Now if i do any serious sprinting i pull it easily, but that is more from lack of fitness to match what i am trying to do. When your muscle becomes tight, the last thing you want is some serious jerky stretch or sprinting trying to catch up with someone who is running like a speedy gonzalez.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE Clinic: Injuries & Updates

Post by Damunk »

Relax, it was over 2 weeks ago now, but I'm not sure how many knew about this car crash. Few details available:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/joe ... ys-torino/
Joel Obi will be out for 10 days —Torino
ON APRIL 22, 2018

Come back Super Eagles midfielder, Joel Obi will be sidelined for 10 days, according to his club Torino, to access his true fitness after he was involved in car crash.

Joel Obi The 26-year-old failed to click and had to go off in 28 minutes after coming off the bench against AC Milan last Wednesday. This was a few days after he got involved in the car crash. Torino reported via their official website that Obi did not participate in their training before this weekend’s game against Atalanta. And they added that the instrumental examinations to which the midfielder was submitted showed a small stretch to the left thigh muscle and he’ll spend 7-10 days on the sidelines before further checks, which will determine the recovery time for his new injury. Rohr has just over three weeks left before announcing Nigeria’s 35-man provisional World Cup roster and the former Inter Milan whizkid was a top candidate to make the squad list, assuming he was in tip-top condition.. Obi, currently on an injury-free run with Italian side Torino, has scored six goals in 24 appearances this season and is keen to continue that consistency run for his country. “This big tournament is the ultimate ambition of every professional footballer and I hope to work harder to fulfil that dream,” Obi, who made his Nigeria return last month after a four-year absence, told BBC Sport. I was heartbroken.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/joe ... ys-torino/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "