PINNICK: Why I should be Re-elected....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
PINNICK: Why I should be Re-elected....

Post by Enugu II »

Pinnick: Why I want to remain NFF president
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/04/p ... president/
By admin - May 4, 2018, 7:56 am197 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Amaju Pinnick has said his prominence at FIFA and CAF as well as his drive to make the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) financially independent are the main reasons he wishes to continue as the president of the country’s football association.

Pinnick’s first tenure of four years will come to an end in September with fresh elections into the NFF executive committee in Katsina.

The NFF boss said he believes he has done enough to be elected for a second four-year tenure.

“I’m in CAF, I’m on the FIFA organising committee and will even work for FIFA in Saint Petersburgs,” he said on a television interview programme monitored by SCORENigeria

“There have been more than 10 pluses for Nigeria with me in CAF and some things are better not said.”

He also spoke on the marketing drive which he claimed has made NFF closer to being financially independent of government funding.

“We are now 60% (self-sufficient) and only 40% remains before we will tell government to hands off financing us,” Pinnick said.

However, those opposed to Pinnick continuing to lead Nigeria football have alleged massive corruption in the NFF, poor results recorded by the country’s various age-group teams caused by neglect as well as the running of a domestic league, which has left a lot to be desired.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PINNICK: Why I should be Re-elected....

Post by pajimoh »

i vote EH for another term
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Any Nigerian soccer fan that don't support Pinnick for another term is not a patriotic Nigerian. This is the first time we've had any semblance of a professional Federation in the history of Nigerian football, all thanks to Pinnick. :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

At first, many of us wanted Chief Pinnick's head - myself included- because things were not going well in general. At moment, I am not sure of what to say. While he has done well with the Super-eagles, how about our other national teams? Are those other teams and our local league better or worse?

In all, I think he has done a good work and should be retained
Last edited by Odas on Fri May 04, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:Any Nigerian soccer fan that don't support Pinnick for another term is not a patriotic Nigerian. This is the first time we've had any semblance of a professional Federation in the history of Nigerian football, all thanks to Pinnick. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Stop ya noise. msshhheewww :roll:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:Any Nigerian soccer fan that don't support Pinnick for another term is not a patriotic Nigerian. This is the first time we've had any semblance of a professional Federation in the history of Nigerian football, all thanks to Pinnick. :thumbs: :thumbs:
I know you want us to bring back thief Ogunjobi so we can go back to bribing referees and other national team officials to be able qualify for tournaments.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
I know you want us to bring back thief
Ogunjobi
so we can go back to bribing referees and other national team officials to be able qualify for tournaments.
Then you don't know much :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I support Egg Head but no need for you to be kissing his yansh on the internet :sneaky: :tic: :taunt:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He started poorly,but has since ramped up his game as far a re-election is concerned I think the WC qualification bought him the right for another term.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Just re-elect him and lets move on to more important things.

The guy has done a good job so far!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Love to see the face of the man that will even stand up to challenge him. He should be locked up as soon as he declares.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Love to see the face of the man that will even stand up to challenge him. He should be locked up as soon as he declares.
Gba be
To stop trying is to start dying
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Shownoja wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Love to see the face of the man that will even stand up to challenge him. He should be locked up as soon as he declares.
Gba be
Apart from doing well for himself, what have we achieved on the field?

Democracy is about contesting and numbers.... If his opponents has more numbers,than him so be it.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The 'devil' you know... :D

Pinnick may not be the ideal, but may well be the 'best' out of a rotten bunch. Shehu Dikko is the only other person that one could seriously consider among the current crop of Nigerian football administrators. So, unless someone emerges from outside the usual suspects, I vote to RE-ELECT Pinnick!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Gba be
Apart from doing well for himself, what have we achieved on the field?

Democracy is about contesting and numbers.... If his opponents has more numbers,than him so be it.
He has since grown on his job.

But there are several areas he needs to improve on...

Women's football for one.
Youth Football and the continuous evolution of using players who are their stated age.
AFCON qualification.
Improving opportunities for homegrown players.
Improving local clubs continental status.
Player transfer of our players into foreign leagues.
Improving refereeing and getting our refs to get international recognition.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oloye wrote:He started poorly,but has since ramped up his game as far a re-election is concerned I think the WC qualification bought him the right for another term.
:agree:

Hired good coach, WC qualification out of a tough group, fewer player hassles, apparently improved kit contract, some relatively good sponsorship deals (albeit everyone loves a winning team), etc., etc.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Melvin Amaju Pinnick has been quite impressive. He has taken us away from those ugly episodes and some of us fans are still slightly shocked that we went through the qualifiers without any scandal. That we could even prosecute friendlies without players stuck in airports and hotels and held down for unpaid bills, he deserves another term. What about the domestic league for men and women? Pls give it to him, no question.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

If he's challenged by the league 's chair then that should B interesting. We should be aiming for better and better. Fear is making us settle for "the devil we know" rather than someone who can do better than the previous guy
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Was he not the person that hired Oliseh from the back door.
Was he not the one that witch-hunted our female Falcon coaches when Falcons peacefully demonstrated; a good top official should proactively apologize for failure as well as tell the truth.
If he was a State official before taking national office, then why can't another State official that will perform better?
You should not approve him for re-election until you see (& investigate) who the opposing candidates.
If someone illegally elected did well, then why can't another person legally elected do well.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Oguleftie wrote:Was he not the person that hired Oliseh from the back door.
Was he not the one that witch-hunted our female Falcon coaches when Falcons peacefully demonstrated; a good top official should proactively apologize for failure as well as tell the truth.
If he was a State official before taking national office, then why can't another State official that will perform better?
You should not approve him for re-election until you see (& investigate) who the opposing candidates.
If someone illegally elected did well, then why can't another person legally elected do well.

Typical regressive thinking Niaja style.Makes no sense!
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

so you even get small sense like this :clap:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Houston's finest telling it how it is.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

AreaStarr wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Houston's finest cabbie telling it how it is.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

He he he ...
Guess who's back...Picnics worst nightmare