CHE 1 Vs 0 LP [OG]FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHE 1 Vs 0 LP [OG]

Post by green4life »

charlie wrote:What is Hazard's job for Chelsea?

He is not a true #10 even though he wears the jersey. You usually do not see him in a central midfield role orchestrating the transition from midfield to attack. Besides he holds on to the ball for too long to be effective.

He sometimes moves into that LW but never plays quality balls into the 18.

I really would like to know what his role is in this team, because this year he has been terrible!
:???: :???:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bakayoko played his heart out today.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

hmm
so liverpool's champions league presence next season is in jeopardy
they better pray Rafa gets Newcastle working again and takes points off chelsea and/or spurs
would be a disaster if they dont finish top 4 and then lose the UCL final
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Arsene signs off with 5 goals.

Thank you Wenger. All the best for the future.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

balo wrote:Bakayoko played his heart out today.
The guy really tried, first time I’ve been impressed by him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

This game is nuts. Who would have thunk it? 2 games to go and Chelsea has a chance to top 4.

It's like the time stopped for Liverpool and Spurs.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
balo wrote:Bakayoko played his heart out today.
The guy really tried, first time I’ve been impressed by him.
I couldn’t have said it better
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Come on Chelsea, finish strong
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CHE 1 Vs 0 LP [OG]FT

Post by balo »

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

What's twisted brother?
Wenger sees things well into their future.
charlie wrote:
bepanda wrote:Wenger sent Giroud to Chelsea, so that he could prevent Spurs from getting CL football and win the FA cup against Bourinho. Wenger is a genius.
Thats some twisted logic there. And it makes sense!!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Come on Chelsea, finish strong
I thought you forfeit being a fan as long as Conte is the coach?
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:

He is not a true #10 even though he wears the jersey. You usually do not see him in a central midfield role orchestrating the transition from midfield to attack. Besides he holds on to the ball for too long to be effective.

I really would like to know what his role is in this team, because this year he has been terrible!
Chief, the man did ask an insightful questions albeit not framed well. I do disagree with the terrible part or not orchestrating midfield-attack transition.

Hazard is CFC's best player (Kante a close 2nd). Unfortunately, he is yet to IMO take his game to the very next level from an output perspective. I somewhat blame it on lack of coaching consistency/having a coach that can help him develop certain aspects of his game.

Lamps had a 3-5 season spell of 20 Goals & 8-10 assists a season. Half the talent of Hazard but twice the productivity. In 6 EPL seasons, Hazard is averaging 11.5G & 6A.

His playing mentality has to change a bit. Cannot be a ball hog always. He needs to learn to release ball and make more offensive runs/put himself in goal scoring positions just like Salah/Cron/Messi. Also learn to truly survey the offensive 3rd of the field for through pass opportunities. For every second longer he hangs on to the ball than seen necessary, he is killing offensive moves IMO.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Important win but feels like too little too late. I think Conte could have done a better job managing the game in the 2nd half. On the other hand, pool just did not look threatening all game.

Bakayoko had his best game yet in a CFC shirt but I felt he faded in and out in the 2nd half. Hazard & Kante (what a player) were CFC's best players..

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Come on Chelsea, finish strong
I thought you forfeit being a fan as long as Conte is the coach?
my brother wetin man go do nah :|
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:

Chief, the man did ask an insightful questions albeit not framed well. I do disagree with the terrible part or not orchestrating midfield-attack transition.

Hazard is CFC's best player (Kante a close 2nd). Unfortunately, he is yet to IMO take his game to the very next level from an output perspective. I somewhat blame it on lack of coaching consistency/having a coach that can help him develop certain aspects of his game.

Lamps had a 3-5 season spell of 20 Goals & 8-10 assists a season. Half the talent of Hazard but twice the productivity. In 6 EPL seasons, Hazard is averaging 11.5G & 6A.

His playing mentality has to change a bit. Cannot be a ball hog always. He needs to learn to release ball and make more offensive runs/put himself in goal scoring positions just like Salah/Cron/Messi. Also learn to truly survey the offensive 3rd of the field for through pass opportunities. For every second longer he hangs on to the ball than seen necessary, he is killing offensive moves IMO.

Thank you Analyzer. I would admit I wrote my initial post in the heat of the game, so maybe I was not as succinct as I would have liked to be.

I dont think Hazard plays to his best potential. Its not his talent that is in question but his role in the Chelsea team. Is a LW or a AM?
If he is a AM, then he is not doing a very good job linking up play as the role implies. If he is a LW, then his crosses into the box are not frequent enough.

I am still struggling to figure out exactly where Hazard will best serve his team given his current playing style, and I cannot figure it out.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

@Charlie - Hazard is serving this team very well but there is still an opportunity to make him deadlier.

In the 3-5-1-1 system, Hazard has a free role behind the main striker. In 3-4-3. he starts out left but also has a some freedom to roam. IMO, Hazard's primary creativity is via running at defense/dribbling. He pulls defenders out of position. He often gets 2-3 opposition defenders on him. This frees up other CFC teammates. Not many players in this world commands such attention IMO. IMO, Alonso has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of Hazard's play.

My issues with Hazard is that he often drops too deep to pick up the ball. Maybe this is to draw out the defender or maybe he is the type of attacker that always want to be on the ball. When he drops deep, it takes away the offensive threat of the team IMO. Then again, his need to drop deep is an extension of the lack of creativity in central midfield. You need CMs comfortable on the ball and can transition the ball forward effectively..

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

analyzer wrote:@Charlie - Hazard is serving this team very well but there is still an opportunity to make him deadlier.

In the 3-5-1-1 system, Hazard has a free role behind the main striker. In 3-4-3. he starts out left but also has a some freedom to roam. IMO, Hazard's primary creativity is via running at defense/dribbling. He pulls defenders out of position. He often gets 2-3 opposition defenders on him. This frees up other CFC teammates. Not many players in this world commands such attention IMO. IMO, Alonso has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of Hazard's play.

My issues with Hazard is that he often drops too deep to pick up the ball. Maybe this is to draw out the defender or maybe he is the type of attacker that always want to be on the ball. When he drops deep, it takes away the offensive threat of the team IMO. Then again, his need to drop deep is an extension of the lack of creativity in central midfield. You need CMs comfortable on the ball and can transition the ball forward effectively..
For someone who has a free reign behind the main striker, his assist rate is well below par. I'm not convinced he is a true #10. Neymar used to have that same problem for Brazil and Barca, but transformed when he moved to PSG. They biggest difference in Neymars game this year is the speed in his decision making. He is always looking to make that killer through pass to the flanks or down the middle, rather than try to break down the defense himself. That is the hallmark of a #10. I have no issues with a player getting the ball from deep, as long as he releases it quickly with good peripheral vision.

Hazard reminds me of a Overmars or Ribery. Someone who can unlock a defense with guile and dribbling speed down that left flank and should be whipping more crosses into the box, or releasing the LM/LWB down that flank with accurate through passes. And he can, if he decides to let go of that ball much sooner than he usually does.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:

Comical analytic comparison....perhaps you should go back and revisit the sort of supporting cast Lamps had, compared to Hazard. How many in this Chelsea squad would make the squad Lampard played in? Maybe 3 best...Hazard, Kante and Azpi....so before una begin berate Hazard, look at who he's playing with alongside him..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:

Comical analytic comparison....perhaps you should go back and revisit the sort of supporting cast Lamps had, compared to Hazard. How many in this Chelsea squad would make the squad Lampard played in? Maybe 3 best...Hazard, Kante and Azpi....so before una begin berate Hazard, look at who he's playing with alongside him..
Pa
If you don't understand what we are discussing then ask before typing gboa gboa.. smh!! No be by force to enter conversation :lol: :lol:
And no one has berated Hazard. Simply said he has a level or 2 he can take his overall game to. Since you are worried about comparison, how about Salah (granted pool plays differently) then? Hazard IMO is the more talented player but Salah got the stats. Or only 3 CFC player can get into that pool team? Again, if you are lost on what is being discussed, just ask for clarification.. :taunt: :taunt:

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

charlie wrote:
analyzer wrote:@Charlie - Hazard is serving this team very well but there is still an opportunity to make him deadlier.

For someone who has a free reign behind the main striker, his assist rate is well below par. I'm not convinced he is a true #10. Neymar used to have that same problem for Brazil and Barca, but transformed when he moved to PSG. They biggest difference in Neymars game this year is the speed in his decision making. He is always looking to make that killer through pass to the flanks or down the middle, rather than try to break down the defense himself. That is the hallmark of a #10. I have no issues with a player getting the ball from deep, as long as he releases it quickly with good peripheral vision.

Hazard reminds me of a Overmars or Ribery. Someone who can unlock a defense with guile and dribbling speed down that left flank and should be whipping more crosses into the box, or releasing the LM/LWB down that flank with accurate through passes. And he can, if he decides to let go of that ball much sooner than he usually does.
Bro, I stand corrected but you confusing an out and out attacking Forward with a classical #10.. Hazard is not a classical winger (like Overmars) either so don't expect some aimless whipping in of crosses. His game is about penetrating the defense.. I however get your point on passing creativity. That remains my one issue with his game

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

analyzer wrote:Important win but feels like too little too late. I think Conte could have done a better job managing the game in the 2nd half. On the other hand, pool just did not look threatening all game.

Bakayoko had his best game yet in a CFC shirt but I felt he faded in and out in the 2nd half. Hazard & Kante (what a player) were CFC's best players..

This has been Conte's major problem.

JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

Benedict Iroha wrote:We are still alive!
I think too little too late sorry ... a bit like WBA's survival battle...
We will beat BHA and I think Tottenham will also pull through. I wish Chelsea made it behind Liverpool but it doesn't look like it will happen.

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.