Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 286
People's elephant won their match today in CAF confederation cup and no one is talking about it. Nawaooo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:43 pm
Posts: 1649
Location: US
calico.chuks wrote:
People's elephant won their match today in CAF confederation cup and no one is talking about it. Nawaooo


They don't know who People's Elephant is.
They were born and bred overseas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 47168
...Nigerians are a loss cost. Time will come when SE will be playing no one will care.
On another thread about Ernest Okonkwo, that was the days, and I am glad I lived to experience love of football in Nigeria.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:48 am
Posts: 4831
Location: Port Harcourt
calico.chuks wrote:
People's elephant won their match today in CAF confederation cup and no one is talking about it. Nawaooo

What was the score?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6911
Enyimba beat Djoliba of Mali 2-0 in the group stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.

The match was played in Calabar. The UJ Esuene stadium in Calabar looked much better than when the SE played there. New seats I think. The pitch could still be improved, but it was natural grass and much better than most NPFL venues.

Oladuntoye & Dimgba (pen) scored for Enyimba in the 2nd half. The finally started playing on the ground in the 2nd half. They were playing 'police ball' in the 1st half, and the tall Malians were happy with this.

Djoliba has a bit of pedigree. They were finalists in this tournament a few years ago.

The Breda Fataou Dauda continues to keep Ezenwa on the bench.


Last edited by truetalk on Tue May 08, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16550
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
truetalk wrote:
Enyimba beat Djoliba of Mali 2-0 in the group stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.

The match was played in Calabar. The UJ Esuene stadium in Calabar looked much better than when the SE played there. New seats I think. The pitch could still be improved, but it was natural grass and much better than most NPFL venues.

Oladuntoye & Dimgba (pen) scored for Enyimba in the 2nd half. The finally started playing on the ground in the 2nd half. They were playing 'police ball' in the 1st half, and the tall Malians were happy with this.

Djoliba has a bit of pedigree. They were finalists in this tournament a few years ago.

The Breda Fataou Dauda continue to keep Ezenwa on the bench.


Not accurate. Essence has been in goal in some games when Fatau was available. The best description is that they have been both used as starters.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6911
Enugu II wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Enyimba beat Djoliba of Mali 2-0 in the group stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.

The match was played in Calabar. The UJ Esuene stadium in Calabar looked much better than when the SE played there. New seats I think. The pitch could still be improved, but it was natural grass and much better than most NPFL venues.

Oladuntoye & Dimgba (pen) scored for Enyimba in the 2nd half. The finally started playing on the ground in the 2nd half. They were playing 'police ball' in the 1st half, and the tall Malians were happy with this.

Djoliba has a bit of pedigree. They were finalists in this tournament a few years ago.

The Breda Fataou Dauda continue to keep Ezenwa on the bench.


Not accurate. Essence has been in goal in some games when Fatau was available. The best description is that they have been both used as starters.


Actually, very accurate. Dauda got a red card in a recent NPFL game, and is suspended, so Ezenwa has started in the league recently. 18 games have been played in the league and I don't think Ezenwa has started more than 4, and most of that will be during Dauda's suspension. So saying they are co-starters is a stretch.

Dauda has been the Enyimba starter this season. Hopefully, Ezenwa gets the needed minutes in camp, as he is clearly better than Akpeyi and Alampasu.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24326
Location: your girls place
Enyimba Enyi :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 6382
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13298
Men that Dauda is a horrible keeper, just shows how poor Ezenwa is. SMDH.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16550
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
truetalk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Enyimba beat Djoliba of Mali 2-0 in the group stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.

The match was played in Calabar. The UJ Esuene stadium in Calabar looked much better than when the SE played there. New seats I think. The pitch could still be improved, but it was natural grass and much better than most NPFL venues.

Oladuntoye & Dimgba (pen) scored for Enyimba in the 2nd half. The finally started playing on the ground in the 2nd half. They were playing 'police ball' in the 1st half, and the tall Malians were happy with this.

Djoliba has a bit of pedigree. They were finalists in this tournament a few years ago.

The Breda Fataou Dauda continue to keep Ezenwa on the bench.


Not accurate. Essence has been in goal in some games when Fatau was available. The best description is that they have been both used as starters.


Actually, very accurate. Dauda got a red card in a recent NPFL game, and is suspended, so Ezenwa has started in the league recently. 18 games have been played in the league and I don't think Ezenwa has started more than 4, and most of that will be during Dauda's suspension. So saying they are co-starters is a stretch.

Dauda has been the Enyimba starter this season. Hopefully, Ezenwa gets the needed minutes in camp, as he is clearly better than Akpeyi and Alampasu.


What you are forgetting is that Ezenwa was injured for a long period. In fact, he started two games in a row recently but was replaced by Dauda in the second game because of yet another injury. It really is a stretch to allude that Dauda is the definitive starter. Yes Dauda has played more games but that is mostly because Ezenwa has had injury issues. BTW Dauda's suspension was very recent I. E after Ezenwa's most recent appearance as starter. Thus Ezenwa starting had nothing to do with Dauda's one match suspension. In fact, in the Ilorin game where Ezenwa was injured, Dauda was available and duly came in as they substitute.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76430
Location: Earth

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13637
Location: Here
Djoliba's home is a fortress.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10413
Thanks for the report. Why was the game played in Calabar instead of Aba?
The penalty was top class - roofed into the top corner of the net. No GK (not DDG, Neuer, or anyone else) could save that.

truetalk wrote:
Enyimba beat Djoliba of Mali 2-0 in the group stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.

The match was played in Calabar. The UJ Esuene stadium in Calabar looked much better than when the SE played there. New seats I think. The pitch could still be improved, but it was natural grass and much better than most NPFL venues.

Oladuntoye & Dimgba (pen) scored for Enyimba in the 2nd half. The finally started playing on the ground in the 2nd half. They were playing 'police ball' in the 1st half, and the tall Malians were happy with this.

Djoliba has a bit of pedigree. They were finalists in this tournament a few years ago.

The Breda Fataou Dauda continue to keep Ezenwa on the bench.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6911
vancity eagle wrote:
Men that Dauda is a horrible keeper, just shows how poor Ezenwa is. SMDH.


He can be erratic, but he is good.

Ghana had a good group of keepers of recent (Dauda, Kwarasey & Stephen Adams), but Dauda started more times than not for them.

Happy he is in the NPFL & guys like Nwofor & a couple of others who were abroad are coming back.

As for Ezenwa, despite what some are saying, there are reasons for worry. He was mostly benched by Bamba Drissa in FCIU last season & is now mostly on the bench with Enyimba for Dauda.

Ezenwa is a good shot stopper, and a much better option than Akpeyi (Lord save us from Karishika ie Destiny Killer). He made gaffes in just about every WCQ game he played (about 4 against Algeria) that will be punished at the global level, but had an outstanding CHAN before getting injured. I expect him to make the WC Squad, but will probably be behind Uzoho.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36262
Location: Land of the Terrapins
truetalk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Men that Dauda is a horrible keeper, just shows how poor Ezenwa is. SMDH.


He can be erratic, but he is good.

Ghana had a good group of keepers of recent (Dauda, Kwarasey & Stephen Adams), but Dauda started more times than not for them.

Happy he is in the NPFL & guys like Nwofor & a couple of others who were abroad are coming back.

As for Ezenwa, despite what some are saying, there are reasons for worry. He was mostly benched by Bamba Drissa in FCIU last season & is now mostly on the bench with Enyimba for Dauda.

Ezenwa is a good shot stopper, and a much better option than Akpeyi (Lord save us from Karishika ie Destiny Killer). He made gaffes in just about every WCQ game he played (about 4 against Algeria) that will be punished at the global level, but had an outstanding CHAN before getting injured. I expect him to make the WC Squad, but will probably be behind Uzoho.


I've brought this up before and no one seemed to give a damn...but how can it make sense when they are saying Vince doesn't play blah blah, but then prefer Ezenwa who doesn't play in the local league but continuously gets called. But the likes of Femi Thomas are ignored.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10413
Who does Nwofor play for these days?

If Akpeyi and Ezenwa are among the 3 best GKs in Nigeria, then the other NPL GKs should hang their heads in shame. Osigwe must be a better option than either of those two.


maceo4 wrote:

He can be erratic, but he is good.

Ghana had a good group of keepers of recent (Dauda, Kwarasey & Stephen Adams), but Dauda started more times than not for them.

Happy he is in the NPFL & guys like Nwofor & a couple of others who were abroad are coming back.

As for Ezenwa, despite what some are saying, there are reasons for worry. He was mostly benched by Bamba Drissa in FCIU last season & is now mostly on the bench with Enyimba for Dauda.

Ezenwa is a good shot stopper, and a much better option than Akpeyi (Lord save us from Karishika ie Destiny Killer). He made gaffes in just about every WCQ game he played (about 4 against Algeria) that will be punished at the global level, but had an outstanding CHAN before getting injured. I expect him to make the WC Squad, but will probably be behind Uzoho.


I've brought this up before and no one seemed to give a damn...but how can it make sense when they are saying Vince doesn't play blah blah, but then prefer Ezenwa who doesn't play in the local league but continuously gets called. But the likes of Femi Thomas are ignored.[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6911
wiseone wrote:
Who does Nwofor play for these days?

If Akpeyi and Ezenwa are among the 3 best GKs in Nigeria, then the other NPL GKs should hang their heads in shame. Osigwe must be a better option than either of those two.


maceo4 wrote:

He can be erratic, but he is good.

Ghana had a good group of keepers of recent (Dauda, Kwarasey & Stephen Adams), but Dauda started more times than not for them.

Happy he is in the NPFL & guys like Nwofor & a couple of others who were abroad are coming back.

As for Ezenwa, despite what some are saying, there are reasons for worry. He was mostly benched by Bamba Drissa in FCIU last season & is now mostly on the bench with Enyimba for Dauda.

Ezenwa is a good shot stopper, and a much better option than Akpeyi (Lord save us from Karishika ie Destiny Killer). He made gaffes in just about every WCQ game he played (about 4 against Algeria) that will be punished at the global level, but had an outstanding CHAN before getting injured. I expect him to make the WC Squad, but will probably be behind Uzoho.


I've brought this up before and no one seemed to give a damn...but how can it make sense when they are saying Vince doesn't play blah blah, but then prefer Ezenwa who doesn't play in the local league but continuously gets called. But the likes of Femi Thomas are ignored.
[/quote]

Stadium getting an upgrade.
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/13/e ... ontractor/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10413
Thanks a lot for the update. I hope they raise the capacity and improve the quality of the playing surface.

truetalk wrote:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 43305
Location: Akoko Highlands
Kabalega wrote:
Djoliba's home is a fortress.



We go see after the elephants roll into town and dismantle that fortress.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:31 am
Posts: 1436
Location: gdrjggm
truetalk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Men that Dauda is a horrible keeper, just shows how poor Ezenwa is. SMDH.


He can be erratic, but he is good.

Ghana had a good group of keepers of recent (Dauda, Kwarasey & Stephen Adams), but Dauda started more times than not for them.

Happy he is in the NPFL & guys like Nwofor & a couple of others who were abroad are coming back.

As for Ezenwa, despite what some are saying, there are reasons for worry. He was mostly benched by Bamba Drissa in FCIU last season & is now mostly on the bench with Enyimba for Dauda.

Ezenwa is a good shot stopper, and a much better option than Akpeyi (Lord save us from Karishika ie Destiny Killer). He made gaffes in just about every WCQ game he played (about 4 against Algeria) that will be punished at the global level, but had an outstanding CHAN before getting injured. I expect him to make the WC Squad, but will probably be behind Uzoho.
Ezenwa is better than Uzoho.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group