Letter to Nigerians on Gernot Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Letter to Nigerians on Gernot Rohr

Post by Odas »

anointed wrote: Would you say Ezenwa is playing that sort of football?
Is Uzoho playing that sort of football as well?
Dummy! Leave the Vince Enyeama's argument alone. You are showing your foolishness and IDIOCY and, your desperation to PROTECT your source of food :lol: :lol: Go get a job and feed yourself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

People who sent you to school and/or Oyiboland are expecting you to do better than your OVER-RELIANCE on Enyeama :curse: :curse: :curse:

Elm, Chief Damunk, please help me! What kind of BRAIN would you say this FOOL (Mr. Mumu anointed) has? :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Odas on Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

anointed wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:im an advocate for bringing back enyeama but if he is not playing profesional DIv1 level football day in, day out, please he shoudl stay away fromt he SE. We do not need Rufai of 98 on our hands.
Would you say Ezenwa is playing that sort of football?

Enyeama, for me, should not get a free ticket into the SE. He must be tried out and found to be capable. Let's do what Westerhof did to Rufai in 1994. The goalkeeper coach assessed him along with Alloy Agu and Wilfred Agbonavbare, who wouldnt have been bad for our WC matches by any standards. It was teh goalkeeping recommendations that Westerhof implemented and the rest is history. I have a feeling Westerhof, cos of the antecedents between him and Rufai, wouldnt have used Rufai but he did what he had to do professionally.

The Rufai of 1998 was a rush of blood to our heads because Baruwa fumbled in a friendly against Yugoslavia followed by another but collective wobbling outing against Netherlands for which it was deemed to be the fault of Willy Opara or somebody in goal. Rufai wasn't put through a fine tooth comb like Westerhof did. That's the privilege we still have with Enyeama now when Camp opens on May 28.

No, an unfit and out of sorts Enyeama shouldnt be in goal at the World Cup.
Bros,
Ateast, they are playing active professional football day in, day out. Enyeama is not even playing at all. He is just training. Pulease, SE is not a club where theyll be doing trials for players.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

chief nfachairman wrote:
anointed wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:im an advocate for bringing back enyeama but if he is not playing profesional DIv1 level football day in, day out, please he shoudl stay away fromt he SE. We do not need Rufai of 98 on our hands.

Enyeama, for me, should not get a free ticket into the SE. He must be tried out and found to be capable. Let's do what Westerhof did to Rufai in 1994. The goalkeeper coach assessed him along with Alloy Agu and Wilfred Agbonavbare, who wouldnt have been bad for our WC matches by any standards. It was teh goalkeeping recommendations that Westerhof implemented and the rest is history. I have a feeling Westerhof, cos of the antecedents between him and Rufai, wouldnt have used Rufai but he did what he had to do professionally.

The Rufai of 1998 was a rush of blood to our heads because Baruwa fumbled in a friendly against Yugoslavia followed by another but collective wobbling outing against Netherlands for which it was deemed to be the fault of Willy Opara or somebody in goal. Rufai wasn't put through a fine tooth comb like Westerhof did. That's the privilege we still have with Enyeama now when Camp opens on May 28.

Bros,
Ateast, they are playing active professional football day in, day out. Enyeama is not even playing at all. He is just training. Pulease, SE is not a club where theyll be doing trials for players.
KPOM! If Enyeama wants to try out, he should do it to get a job at a club where he can play. You invite players to camp cos you have a plan for them and believe they can contribute. Enrico Pionetti has been going to meet our goalkeepers at their clubs to work with them. If he doesn't know Vincent's phone number by now, there's ZERO chance of him making it to the WC. Besides, Enyeams is not interested in being invited for trials. He pretty much said if he's not back to his best with a real chance of starting, he won't be back.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anointed wrote:

Bro, Ezenwa, in the last 10 months played critical qualifiers, club football, regional and continental football. Enyeama has been injured all that period and mostly dormant. Lets be rational here. The wc is not where you begin your recovery/training matches
But if he's not fit wouldn't it be obvious in training and he will be cut?
My guy, the Enyeama saga is a difficult one for me. My heart says invite him due to what he's done in the past but my brain says we must learn from the past and make do with what we have. Enyeama is not football fit and retired from international duty in 2015. Further, he failed to heed to the manager's advice and stayed at Lile as their 4th choice which means zero first team appearances which add to the fact that he's been out injured for over 1 year. I will go with whatever decision Rohr makes but at this moment, there is no basis for Enyeama to be invited to the 35 man provisional roster.
Abi you wan make he pull an Osaze and just move to any club without signing for the club?

All these arguments are just academic. The coach has NEVER said the Enyeama is not part of the squad. Enyeama was injured... he is healthy now. He is keeping fit... He has more upside than any of the 4 keepers you guys can think of replacing him with.

The coach will invite him to camp and assess how good/fit he is. Whether he is good enough to be one of the 3 keepers that will go to Russia.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

chief nfachairman wrote:
anointed wrote:

Bros,
Chief NFA Chair, who is playing active football? Ezenwa? Akpeyi? Ozoho? Enough to displace Enyeama as one of the 3 goalies?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Cellular wrote:
green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anointed wrote:

Bro, Ezenwa, in the last 10 months played critical qualifiers, club football, regional and continental football. Enyeama has been injured all that period and mostly dormant. Lets be rational here. The wc is not where you begin your recovery/training matches
But if he's not fit wouldn't it be obvious in training and he will be cut?
My guy, the Enyeama saga is a difficult one for me. My heart says invite him due to what he's done in the past but my brain says we must learn from the past and make do with what we have. Enyeama is not football fit and retired from international duty in 2015. Further, he failed to heed to the manager's advice and stayed at Lile as their 4th choice which means zero first team appearances which add to the fact that he's been out injured for over 1 year. I will go with whatever decision Rohr makes but at this moment, there is no basis for Enyeama to be invited to the 35 man provisional roster.
Abi you wan make he pull an Osaze and just move to any club without signing for the club?

All these arguments are just academic. The coach has NEVER said the Enyeama is not part of the squad. Enyeama was injured... he is healthy now. He is keeping fit... He has more upside than any of the 4 keepers you guys can think of replacing him with.

The coach will invite him to camp and assess how good/fit he is. Whether he is good enough to be one of the 3 keepers that will go to Russia.
You know if he doesn't make it, it will be an indelible mark on his career right? Enyeama will not want that. He has said he's not interested in trials with SE.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cellular wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
anointed wrote:

Bros,
Chief NFA Chair, who is playing active football? Ezenwa? Akpeyi? Ozoho? Enough to displace Enyeama as one of the 3 goalies?
If Romero can be Argentina’s No 1 while chopping royal pine at Man U, I don’t see why Vince cannot be our No 1
OCCUPY NFF!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Cellular wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
anointed wrote:

Bros,
If Romero can be Argentina’s No 1 while chopping royal pine at Man U, I don’t see why Vince cannot be our No 1
Romero is being benched by the best goalkeeper in the world and has been playing in cup games. He recently won the UEFA cup as the starting goalie and is dressed every week ready to play for Man Utd. He even played in the CL this season. You're drawing a very false equivalence.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Wow! Thus this Enyeama argument or debate is still going on?

Bros Felarey, please let people who think Enyeama will be our saviour to keep the belief. At this point, to me, there is no longer a need for the debate.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cellular wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
anointed wrote:

Bros,
This is why we chose you as the Chief Shaker of CE. Don't try and be logical. Just keep shaking. Msssshhhhheeeewww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

felarey wrote:
Cellular wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
anointed wrote:

Bros,
Romero is being benched by the best goalkeeper in the world and has been playing in cup games. He recently won the UEFA cup as the starting goalie and is dressed every week ready to play for Man Utd. He even played in the CL this season. You're drawing a very false equivalence.
Kongi doesn't do logic or research :tic: Why bother?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

So, Pinick is issue. Some people ain't gonna like this.
RUSSIA 2018: Eagles Keeper Trainers Meet Rohr Over Enyeama
By Paul Oluwakoya Last updated May 8, 2018 931

A fresh battle line may have been drawn between President of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick, Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernor Rohr and the team’s goalkeeper trainers over the possible recall of former Eagles goalie, Vincent Enyeama ahead of the FIFA World Cup.

Enyeama -Messi
Latest findings indicate that the NFF boss has again turned down the recall of the former national number one, preferring that the Eagles gaffer keeps faith with the younger ones- Francis Uzoho, Ikechukwu Ezenwa and much-vilified Chippa United stopper Daniel Akpeyi, despite their lack of World Cup experience.

It was gathered that Eagles goal keepers handlers last week met with Rohr with the request to get Eyeanma in, as the last phase of preparations for the June 2018 FiFA World Cup is about to start.

Enyeama
It is however yet unknown which of the divide would sway Rohr’s final decision as the German tactician is expected to release his 35-man provisional squad by May 14.

“Yes, experience matters, the coaches are seriously monitoring and training the three young Goalkeepers, but I can tell you for free that they have however made fresh recommendations that VINCENT should be called out of international retirement because of his World Cup experience.

“This is not in any way to undermine the potential of the young keepers, but we all know that the World Cup is the biggest round leather game tournament and I must say there have been serious back and forth deliberations on this matter, but the president’s (Pinnick) position has remained that he wants Rohr to keep faith with the young team” a source close to the glasshouse said on Monday.

“So, a prerequisite for Rohr’s selection is guided by making a formidable team that would not just make Nigeria proud at the World Cup but each player would have a future of at least three to four-year span barring injury , match rustiness and out of form challenges,” he added.

Meanwhile, all fingers are crossed as to who would make Rohr’s 35-man provisional list for the Congo Democratic Republic and England friendlies before the final list is released on June
https://sportinglife.ng/russia-2018-eag ... meet-rohr/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

anointed wrote:So, Pinick is issue. Some people ain't gonna like this.

A fresh battle line may have been drawn between President of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick, Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernor Rohr and the team’s goalkeeper trainers over the possible recall of former Eagles goalie, Vincent Enyeama ahead of the FIFA World Cup.

Enyeama -Messi
Latest findings indicate that the NFF boss has again turned down the recall of the former national number one, preferring that the Eagles gaffer keeps faith with the younger ones- Francis Uzoho, Ikechukwu Ezenwa and much-vilified Chippa United stopper Daniel Akpeyi, despite their lack of World Cup experience.

It was gathered that Eagles goal keepers handlers last week met with Rohr with the request to get Eyeanma in, as the last phase of preparations for the June 2018 FiFA World Cup is about to start.

Enyeama
It is however yet unknown which of the divide would sway Rohr’s final decision as the German tactician is expected to release his 35-man provisional squad by May 14.

“Yes, experience matters, the coaches are seriously monitoring and training the three young Goalkeepers, but I can tell you for free that they have however made fresh recommendations that VINCENT should be called out of international retirement because of his World Cup experience.

“This is not in any way to undermine the potential of the young keepers, but we all know that the World Cup is the biggest round leather game tournament and I must say there have been serious back and forth deliberations on this matter, but the president’s (Pinnick) position has remained that he wants Rohr to keep faith with the young team” a source close to the glasshouse said on Monday.

“So, a prerequisite for Rohr’s selection is guided by making a formidable team that would not just make Nigeria proud at the World Cup but each player would have a future of at least three to four-year span barring injury , match rustiness and out of form challenges,” he added.

Meanwhile, all fingers are crossed as to who would make Rohr’s 35-man provisional list for the Congo Democratic Republic and England friendlies before the final list is released on June
Sources close to NFF = FAKE NEWS!

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enyeama -Messi

Enyeama

Excuse me people but what is "recall"?. Dem refuse to call him before?
Look if Enyeama wants to put Pinnick in a pickle he should just announce he's available to help Nigeria if called upon. All this self interest articles won't help
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

pajimoh wrote:

Enyeama -Messi

Enyeama

Look if Enyeama wants to put Pinnick in a pickle he should just announce he's available to help Nigeria if called upon. All this self interest articles won't help
Pa,

You've not been reading btw the lines. Matter is way beyond that. Metalloy has even shown here on CE with links.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:The letter was written by an agent.

The coach hasn't announced the shortlist of players and they are trying to influence who gets on the list.

Remember in the Godfather when Don Corleone tells Michael whoever comes to him with the Barzini meeting is the traitor? I'm thinking we should use similar logic to the agency business?

Anyone that brings Agency news from nowhere here is an agent! Agent uncle EII, I troway salute o!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

1naija wrote:

The coach hasn't announced the shortlist of players and they are trying to influence who gets on the list.

Remember in the Godfather when Don Corleone tells Michael whoever comes to him with the Barzini meeting is the traitor? I'm thinking we should use similar logic to the agency business?

Anyone that brings Agency news from nowhere here is an agent! Agent uncle EII, I troway salute o!
Bros,

I hail o. Where have you been?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

This is why Nigeria will most likely crash out in the first round. Keeper issues
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote:

1naija my brother,

I dey my way ooo! I troway salute baaack! :rotf: Dis na matter of national emergency. Fire dey for mountain. Abi una no wan make I shout? If fire destroy house, na dat time I go shout? Make you take your tongue count your teeth ooo! When Gbosa become deadman, I go say I been wan you.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

anointed wrote:
1naija wrote:

Bros,

I hail o. Where have you been?
Uncle anointed I dey o.

But bia, this one wey you call me bros dey one kind o. Make 72 year old yemibrassiere and 67 year old uncle ratclit no come see this begin bombard me with PM o. I no get o ...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

felarey wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
anointed wrote:

Bros,
KPOM! If Enyeama wants to try out, he should do it to get a job at a club where he can play. You invite players to camp cos you have a plan for them and believe they can contribute. Enrico Pionetti has been going to meet our goalkeepers at their clubs to work with them. If he doesn't know Vincent's phone number by now, there's ZERO chance of him making it to the WC. Besides, Enyeams is not interested in being invited for trials. He pretty much said if he's not back to his best with a real chance of starting, he won't be back.

i honestly hoped enyeama would make a move to CHina or MLS about 2/3months ago considering their league starts arund feb/mar/ april
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anointed wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Enyeama -Messi

Enyeama

Pa,

You've not been reading btw the lines. Matter is way beyond that. Metalloy has even shown here on CE with links.
Anointed, I know dey read between naija news o. All the journos are "pay and I write".

Simple matter don turn state secret. Enyeama, are you available or not? Talk am make the world hear. Finish