Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Ahmed Musa could be coming back to England next season as Brighton set their sights on him - See more at: https://goo.gl/TYFZe6


Chris Hughton wants to bring Ahmed Musa back to the English Premiership. I am particularly pleased Brighton survived relegation. Do you know that Hughton is the first black manager ever to win the English Premiership Manager of the Month?

There are so few black managers in England because of the paddy, paddy way they are recruited. If a chairman likes you, he appoints you. No transparency at all.

Even when a black manager is appointed, one failure and he is out. In contrast, look at the number of second chances his Caucasian colleagues get.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Posts: 18752
Location: Cyberspace
I really hope this is true. If Houghton can center his attack around Musa, both the club and Musa will benefit immensely.

Reminds me of Nacho's untenable situation at Leicester where the attack is built around Vardy. He needs to get out of Leicester ASAP.

_________________

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28474
Let's be honest in our assessment of coaching situations so we ourselves are not putting out racist views.
Chris has managed other clubs before and he got the chance with Brighton. So blacks and Caucasians can get second chances.

You also have to consider the population ratio of Caucasians and blacks in football. There are more Caucasians out of football because of population ratio.

What I absolutely agree with is we need more black managers. Before we accuse the whites, even Africans are going for white managers, including you Ayo. Perspective. Charity begins at home

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 57542
pajimoh wrote:
Let's be honest in our assessment of coaching situations so we ourselves are not putting out racist views.
Chris has managed other clubs before and he got the chance with Brighton. So blacks and Caucasians can get second chances.

You also have to consider the population ratio of Caucasians and blacks in football. There are more Caucasians out of football because of population ratio.

What I absolutely agree with is we need more black managers. Before we accuse the whites, even Africans are going for white managers, including you Ayo. Perspective. Charity begins at home

Yeah, but the ratio of black players is not matched by the ratio of black coaches. Black players are about 30%. Black coaches are less than 1%. Racism is stopping black coaches getting a chance. Just b/c one coach bucks the trend, doesn't mean that there is no trend. Racism stopped many black players getting through back in the day. It is stopping black coaches now.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28474
cic old boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Let's be honest in our assessment of coaching situations so we ourselves are not putting out racist views.
Chris has managed other clubs before and he got the chance with Brighton. So blacks and Caucasians can get second chances.

You also have to consider the population ratio of Caucasians and blacks in football. There are more Caucasians out of football because of population ratio.

What I absolutely agree with is we need more black managers. Before we accuse the whites, even Africans are going for white managers, including you Ayo. Perspective. Charity begins at home

Yeah, but the ratio of black players is not matched by the ratio of black coaches. Black players are about 30%. Black coaches are less than 1%. Racism is stopping black coaches getting a chance. Just b/c one coach bucks the trend, doesn't mean that there is no trend. Racism stopped many black players getting through back in the day. It is stopping black coaches now.

That's why I said we need more black coaches. But we also don't know the ratio of ex black players opting to go into coaching. Perceived lack of opportunities could be the limiting factor

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20690
Location: Ukwuani
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ahmed Musa could be coming back to England next season as Brighton set their sights on him - See more at: https://goo.gl/TYFZe6


Chris Hughton wants to bring Ahmed Musa back to the English Premiership. I am particularly pleased Brighton survived relegation. Do you know that Hughton is the first black manager ever to win the English Premiership Manager of the Month?

There are so few black managers in England because of the paddy, paddy way they are recruited. If a chairman likes you, he appoints you. No transparency at all.

Even when a black manager is appointed, one failure and he is out. In contrast, look at the number of second chances his Caucasian colleagues get.

Chief Ayo, "paddy, paddy", nepotism or backdoor dealings are everywhere. It exists even in our households and hence some members of the family gets away with a lot of wrongs or mischief and others in DEEP trouble when they do the same thing.

In several of the places I have worked, I saw paddy-paddy OPENLY in action.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15589
Musa can do better. Love to see him in Spain or France.?

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 57542
pajimoh wrote:
That's why I said we need more black coaches. But we also don't know the ratio of ex black players opting to go into coaching. Perceived lack of opportunities could be the limiting factor

We should know many that qualified as coaches and can't get a job. Efan Ekoku, Luther Blissett, Paul Davis left the Arse youth set-up alleging discrimination. Andy Cole said he didn't bother b/c nobody would give him a chance.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36262
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Scipio Africanus wrote:
I really hope this is true. If Houghton can center his attack around Musa, both the club and Musa will benefit immensely.

Reminds me of Nacho's untenable situation at Leicester where the attack is built around Vardy. He needs to get out of Leicester ASAP.


Nothing factual in the report, just conjecture...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16541
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
pajimoh wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Let's be honest in our assessment of coaching situations so we ourselves are not putting out racist views.
Chris has managed other clubs before and he got the chance with Brighton. So blacks and Caucasians can get second chances.

You also have to consider the population ratio of Caucasians and blacks in football. There are more Caucasians out of football because of population ratio.

What I absolutely agree with is we need more black managers. Before we accuse the whites, even Africans are going for white managers, including you Ayo. Perspective. Charity begins at home

Yeah, but the ratio of black players is not matched by the ratio of black coaches. Black players are about 30%. Black coaches are less than 1%. Racism is stopping black coaches getting a chance. Just b/c one coach bucks the trend, doesn't mean that there is no trend. Racism stopped many black players getting through back in the day. It is stopping black coaches now.

That's why I said we need more black coaches. But we also don't know the ratio of ex black players opting to go into coaching. Perceived lack of opportunities could be the limiting factor


PaJimoh,

The antiquated hiring process is also a problem in football. Football continues, in many places including England, to depend on the old-boys network, which leads to a large recycling of known faces. This limits access to a lot of newer faces. Note also that most of those hiring will hire those they are comfortable with, not just on the ability of the candidate but only similarities. This is an issue.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76423
Location: Earth
NFL has the Rooney Rule, the EPL needs to get with modern times

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16541
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Bigpokey24 wrote:
NFL has the Rooney Rule, the EPL needs to get with modern times


EPL urgently needs a change, that much is clear. Its current system of hiring coaches needs to be re-thought and it probably will be.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76423
Location: Earth
Quote:
At the start of the 2014 season, NFL surveys revealed that the league was approximately 68% African-American and about 28% white, with the remaining 4% comprising Asian/Pacific Islander, non-white Hispanics, and those preferring a Mixed Race category.


Quote:
8 minority head coaches for 2017. The NFL will have eight minority head coaches in 2017, tying the most for the beginning of one season. With the hirings of Anthony Lynn by the Chargers and Vance Joseph by the Broncos, the eight minority coaches will equal the number in 2011.Jan 13, 2017

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76423
Location: Earth
Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
NFL has the Rooney Rule, the EPL needs to get with modern times


EPL urgently needs a change, that much is clear. Its current system of hiring coaches needs to be re-thought and it probably will be.

watch them hire Alan Pardew again

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16541
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Quote:
At the start of the 2014 season, NFL surveys revealed that the league was approximately 68% African-American and about 28% white, with the remaining 4% comprising Asian/Pacific Islander, non-white Hispanics, and those preferring a Mixed Race category.


Quote:
8 minority head coaches for 2017. The NFL will have eight minority head coaches in 2017, tying the most for the beginning of one season. With the hirings of Anthony Lynn by the Chargers and Vance Joseph by the Broncos, the eight minority coaches will equal the number in 2011.Jan 13, 2017


BigPokey,

Thanks for the data above. In addition, the league has not declined on team performance or spectator excitement with the impact of these African American coaches. Soccer will not decline because Black coaches are hired. There are several Black coaches, unknown today, that are just as good as coaches currently coaching in the EPL.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26780
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Musa, played in the right role, in the right way with the right support from fans/manager etc. should be averaging no less than 15 league goals a season in any of Europe's top 5 leagues.

_________________
Bixente Lizarazu once described Spain’s football - which won them two European titles and a World Cup - as “love without the sex. It lacks a bit of spice”. News.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 16783
Leicester's system is just too restrictive in terms of the type of forwards it can accommodate
Slimani, Musa, Leonardo Ulloa and maybe even Nacho (hopefully not) have all failed there
But Pacey forward like Musa who can go past defenders using speed alone is a valuable asset at most other clubs including Brighton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10411
We do have to remember that Chris Hughton is actually a half-white Irishman (his surname should be a clue!).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:02 pm
Posts: 10303
Location: Around the World
On a different thread we were just discussing Darren Moore of West Brom. He has won more points in 5 games than Pardew did in 18, and he had to play Man U, Liverpool and Spurs in that stretch, yet the consensus among West Brom fans and Officials is that he's not ready to be a head coach

Enugu II wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Quote:
At the start of the 2014 season, NFL surveys revealed that the league was approximately 68% African-American and about 28% white, with the remaining 4% comprising Asian/Pacific Islander, non-white Hispanics, and those preferring a Mixed Race category.


Quote:
8 minority head coaches for 2017. The NFL will have eight minority head coaches in 2017, tying the most for the beginning of one season. With the hirings of Anthony Lynn by the Chargers and Vance Joseph by the Broncos, the eight minority coaches will equal the number in 2011.Jan 13, 2017


BigPokey,

Thanks for the data above. In addition, the league has not declined on team performance or spectator excitement with the impact of these African American coaches. Soccer will not decline because Black coaches are hired. There are several Black coaches, unknown today, that are just as good as coaches currently coaching in the EPL.

_________________
http://www.turenchi.com for Nigerian News


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10411
When you state the stone cold hard facts like that, it does sound utterly mental. It is a amazing how guys like Pardew keep getting EPL jobs.

nanijoe wrote:
On a different thread we were just discussing Darren Moore of West Brom. He has won more points in 5 games than Pardew did in 18, and he had to play Man U, Liverpool and Spurs in that stretch, yet the consensus among West Brom fans and Officials is that he's not ready to be a head coach


Last edited by wiseone on Wed May 09, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16541
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
wiseone wrote:
When you state the stone cold hard facts like that, it does sound utterly mental. It is a amazing how guys like Pardew keep getting EPL jobs.

nanijoe wrote:
On a different thread we were just discussing Darren Moore of West Brom. He has won more points in 5 games than Pardew did in 18, and he had to play Man U, Liverpool and Spurs in that stretch, yet the consensus among West Brom fans and Officials is that he's not ready to be a head coach


wiseone,

It shouldn't be. He will get another one soon, and another, and another. It is called the old boys' network and results from the current way coaches are hired in the EPL.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:10 am
Posts: 2818
Location: Toronto
Noooo Don't goooo Musa
You may regret it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 4012
EPL is definitely above his league. He better stays where he is now. No doubt about it he will fail again ignominiously if he ventures to go back to EPL. Water usually seeks its own level . He is completely devoid of the skill to succeed in a such a high performance league. It is going to be odious for him again.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bret- hart, lasgides and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group