Nacho v Iwobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nacho v Iwobi

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Both starting at Emirates. This thread is about their performance not the game, both teams have nothing to play for but our boys do. Iwobi is playing AM and Nacho is playing behind Vardy. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nacho v Iwobi

Post by anointed »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Both starting at Emirates. This thread is about their performance not the game, both teams have nothing to play for but our boys do. Iwobi is playing AM and Nacho is playing behind Vardy. :thumbs:
Ibadan man was asked to name 3 universities and he answered, "UI Ibadan, UI Ife and UI Lagos".

It shouldnt be a surprise if another Ibadan man thinks every stadium in England is called Emirates. So, the match is starting at the Emirates in Leicester. Kongi, na yoke I dey yoke o but you know Wenger already played his last match at Emirates and you even wrote Nacho first, being the home team.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Nacho scored!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Iheanacho don score. Arsenal reduced to 10 men.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Nacho’s touch has improved by a lot. He should lead our line in Russia.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Nacho scored!
:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We should try playing ighalo and kelechi together as strikers not wing forward. Let ighalo hustle, and hold the ball while nacho should finish
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Iwobi best player on Arsenal side, Iheanacho one of the best, if not the best on the Leicester side.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Joined late but both our boys seems to be on good form!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Nacho’s goal
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

marutimon wrote:Iwobi best player on Arsenal side, Iheanacho one of the best, if not the best on the Leicester side.
Iwobi has not played well. Holds the ball too long, misplacing passes left and right. Definitely not Arsenal's best player. He needs to trust his teammates.
Nacho has been excellent.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

platinum wrote:
marutimon wrote:Iwobi best player on Arsenal side, Iheanacho one of the best, if not the best on the Leicester side.
Iwobi has not played well. Holds the ball too long, misplacing passes left and right. Definitely not Arsenal's best player. He needs to trust his teammates.
Yea, now a wild shot JJ style killing some birds lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

maceo4 wrote:
platinum wrote:
So much ability but he just isnt putting it all together. I really hope the SE camp before the world cup helps him otherwise he'll have to start from the bench in Russia because the last thing Nigeria needs is a player who plays for self first before the collective. He isn't JJ okocha, we lived through that, now we want a TEAM not a bunch of individuals.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

these Arsenal centre backs keep underestimating Kelechi's closing speed and he has punished them time after time, they dont learn???
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

platinum wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
platinum wrote:
So much ability but he just isnt putting it all together. I really hope the SE camp before the world cup helps him otherwise he'll have to start from the bench in Russia because the last thing Nigeria needs is a player who plays for self first before the collective. He isn't JJ okocha, we lived through that, now we want a TEAM not a bunch of individuals.
You think he has that much ability? I struggle to explain what his best qualities are aside from a really good first touch. He's got average speed, not a great dribbler, average passing, poor strength on the ball, decent finisher, but lacks real tenacity and very tentative. He's an average player to me.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

maceo4 wrote:
platinum wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
platinum wrote:
You think he has that much ability? I struggle to explain what his best qualities are aside from a really good first touch. He's got average speed, not a great dribbler, average passing, poor strength on the ball, decent finisher, but lacks real tenacity and very tentative. He's an average player to me.
I think he shows enough pace when necessary (never slows down counters from lack of pace), his ball skills are very good, he's the best dribbler at Arsenal right now though that isn't saying much because of the way the squad has been built, he can very hard to get off the ball, and on his day he can go for the jugular....all of these qualities are him on a good day.

On a bad day, he is what you described. The problem with him is the bad days have been more than the good ones.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

I really hope Iwobi has more good days than bad for the Eagles at the World Cup. We need as many x factors firing as possible. It won't be enough to just expect Obi and Victor Moses to carry the load.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

platinum wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
platinum wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
platinum wrote:
I think he shows enough pace when necessary (never slows down counters from lack of pace), his ball skills are very good, he's the best dribbler at Arsenal right now though that isn't saying much because of the way the squad has been built, he can very hard to get off the ball, and on his day he can go for the jugular....all of these qualities are him on a good day.

On a bad day, he is what you described. The problem with him is the bad days have been more than the good ones.
I hear you, but the thing is his bad/sub-par days are so many that it appears that's really just the player he is, and every now and again he has a little blip of brilliance, but those are the outliers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mahrez 3-1, that was sweet!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Nacho - Man of the match performance also validated here

"Kelechi Iheanacho produced a livewire performance with a goal, the burst that saw Mavropanos sent off and more sprints than any other player
" - BBC

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43353979
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Iwobi played well I don't know what u guys we talking about.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:Iwobi played well I don't know what u guys we talking about.

Agreed! Iwobi actually played well. In fact, Arsenal fans sang his name during the game. I am beginning to think that ArsenalfantTV doesn't really reflect the majority of the fanbase. When Arsenal loses, some fans seem to find a scapegoat. Unfortunately, Iwobi is one the scapegoats. Another is Bellerin and Granit Xhaka
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:Iwobi played well I don't know what u guys we talking about.
:agree:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL