Nigeria vs Atletico Madrid- May 21

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria vs Atletico Madrid- May 21

Post by metalalloy »

In Uyo. When was this game added to the friendlies calendar?

Code: Select all

According to Soccernet, the Super Eagles will use the match to appreciate the government and people of Akwa Ibom State for their support so far.

With three friendly games and the World Cup waiting for the senior team, [b][u]Rohr said he won’t feature senior players in the friendly match.[/u][/b] So it’ll fall on either the CHAN Eagles or selected home-based players to take on the Spanish club.

The friendly match will not only give Nigerian football fans the chance to see stars like Fernando Torres and Diego Costa, it’ll also be a big opportunity for the Nigerian team to test their skills against a 115-year-old club currently in second place in the UEFA ranking.

The game will take place at Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo on May 21.
http://www.konbini.com/ng/lifestyle/nig ... co-madrid/
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Atletico Madrid- May 21

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Like Spanky will say "Fake News"
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

metalalloy wrote:In Uyo. When was this game added to the friendlies calendar?

Code: Select all

According to Soccernet, the Super Eagles will use the match to appreciate the government and people of Akwa Ibom State for their support so far.

With three friendly games and the World Cup waiting for the senior team, [b][u]Rohr said he won’t feature senior players in the friendly match.[/u][/b] So it’ll fall on either the CHAN Eagles or selected home-based players to take on the Spanish club.

The friendly match will not only give Nigerian football fans the chance to see stars like Fernando Torres and Diego Costa, it’ll also be a big opportunity for the Nigerian team to test their skills against a 115-year-old club currently in second place in the UEFA ranking.

The game will take place at Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo on May 21.
http://www.konbini.com/ng/lifestyle/nig ... co-madrid/
MENTALAlloy....e be like U either drunk, high or both to post this
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Apart from the UCL final, fifa mandates that all players the 32 World Cup provisional lists must not play any football btw May 21 - May 27. The earliest WC camps can open is May 28. It's even funny that we play Congo on May 28 or something.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Can someone help post this letter from fifa?

https://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/ ... eutral.pdf
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Nigerians are weird people. Thanks to easy access to computer and social media any riffraff can now operate and report on something so the world can read, and confused gullible ones can come post on CE.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

anointed wrote:Apart from the UCL final, fifa mandates that all players the 32 World Cup provisional lists must not play any football btw May 21 - May 27. The earliest WC camps can open is May 28. It's even funny that we play Congo on May 28 or something.

What if SE players not among the 32 are selected for friendlies within those dates?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

mcal wrote:...Nigerians are weird people. Thanks to easy access to computer and social media any riffraff can now operate and report on something so the world can read, and confused gullible ones can come post on CE.

We will wait and see now. Colin Udoh who also mentioned the game is also a confused gullible one. :lol:

Keep talking.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
anointed wrote:Apart from the UCL final, fifa mandates that all players the 32 World Cup provisional lists must not play any football btw May 21 - May 27. The earliest WC camps can open is May 28. It's even funny that we play Congo on May 28 or something.

What if SE players not among the 32 are selected for friendlies within those dates?

The players for this friendly as mentioned in the article will most likely be CHAN and home based SE players.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

1naija wrote:

Not impossible. I made mention in my fisrt post that it's only the players on the provisional list that are excluded from playing. Plus NPFL also seems to have an agreement with La Liga. So it's very plausible.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

[/video]
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

May 22nd ..

Spanish La Liga giants Atletico Madrid will play the Super Eagles of Nigeria on 22 May in the maiden GOtv MAX Cup promoted by Multichoice.

Atletico who knocked out Arsenal to reach the Europa League final are expected to come with some of their big name players as they face Super Eagles Team B at the Uyo Township Stadium.

“We are delighted to bring one of the three biggest clubs from LaLiga to Nigeria in what we believe will be a historic visit”, said Martin Mabutho, General Manager, Sales and Marketing, MultiChoice Nigeria.

“As you all know Atlético Madrid is one of the top clubs in LaLiga. GOtv customers and indeed, football fans in Nigeria, will have the rare opportunity of watching the stars play the Super Eagles right here on Nigerian soil”, he said.

Speaking further, Mabutho said: “MultiChoice is undoubtedly the continent’s leader in sports and we have repeatedly shown this not only by the exclusive content we broadcast, but also by the way we support sports in Nigeria and put the country on the global sports map through exciting initiatives like the GOtv MAX Cup”.

Founded in 1903 in Madrid, Spain, Atlético Madrid are one of Europe’s most successful football clubs with 10 LaLiga and 10 Copa Del Rey trophies.

The club, which currently sits second in the Spanish top flight, are also three times UEFA Champions League finalists.

In his remarks, the President of LaLiga, Javier Tebas said: “This is a historic announcement and we are excited to share this news with our Nigerian fans: Atletico Madrid, one of LaLiga’s greatest clubs, will come to Nigeria and give our fans the chance to enjoy watching their stars up close.

http://papparassi.com.ng/2018/05/10/atl ... on-may-22/
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Purity wrote:May 22nd ..

Spanish La Liga giants Atletico Madrid will play the Super Eagles of Nigeria on 22 May in the maiden GOtv MAX Cup promoted by Multichoice.

Atletico who knocked out Arsenal to reach the Europa League final are expected to come with some of their big name players as they face Super Eagles Team B at the Uyo Township Stadium.

“We are delighted to bring one of the three biggest clubs from LaLiga to Nigeria in what we believe will be a historic visit”, said Martin Mabutho, General Manager, Sales and Marketing, MultiChoice Nigeria.

“As you all know Atlético Madrid is one of the top clubs in LaLiga. GOtv customers and indeed, football fans in Nigeria, will have the rare opportunity of watching the stars play the Super Eagles right here on Nigerian soil”, he said.

Speaking further, Mabutho said: “MultiChoice is undoubtedly the continent’s leader in sports and we have repeatedly shown this not only by the exclusive content we broadcast, but also by the way we support sports in Nigeria and put the country on the global sports map through exciting initiatives like the GOtv MAX Cup”.

Founded in 1903 in Madrid, Spain, Atlético Madrid are one of Europe’s most successful football clubs with 10 LaLiga and 10 Copa Del Rey trophies.

The club, which currently sits second in the Spanish top flight, are also three times UEFA Champions League finalists.

In his remarks, the President of LaLiga, Javier Tebas said: “This is a historic announcement and we are excited to share this news with our Nigerian fans: Atletico Madrid, one of LaLiga’s greatest clubs, will come to Nigeria and give our fans the chance to enjoy watching their stars up close.

http://papparassi.com.ng/2018/05/10/atl ... on-may-22/
Top club but not likely to be the top players that will play
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

oyek wrote:[/video]
Rohr says he would be able to assess Junior Lokosa on May 21 against Atletico for the purpose of possibly selecting him for the WC. How's he gonna do that if fifa says all players in the provisional list should be resting from May 21-28? Once Lokosa makes the 30 or 25 man list, he's out of the game, like all the Spain players in Atletico Madrid. In fact, I am sure those ones wont even make the trip.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

metalalloy wrote:
mcal wrote:...Nigerians are weird people. Thanks to easy access to computer and social media any riffraff can now operate and report on something so the world can read, and confused gullible ones can come post on CE.

We will wait and see now. Colin Udoh who also mentioned the game is also a confused gullible one. :lol:

Keep talking.
...hmm, so dat na your yard stick. Nigerians sef, no wonder any pusher or bic carrying yahoo is called oga :sad:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

anointed wrote:
Rohr says he would be able to assess Junior Lokosa on May 21 against Atletico for the purpose of possibly selecting him for the WC. How's he gonna do that if fifa says all players in the provisional list should be resting from May 21-28? Once Lokosa makes the 30 or 25 man list, he's out of the game, like all the Spain players in Atletico Madrid. In fact, I am sure those ones wont even make the trip.
Also isn’t our Congo game on the 28th?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

maceo4 wrote:
anointed wrote:
Also isn’t our Congo game on the 28th?
Yes, and that's when camp is supposed to open according to fifa. I will assume NFF has a plan. to keep them holed up somewhere. Without training, the propensity for injuries is high.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Remember to stand up and answer present when dem begin do roll call for mumu wey full dis site :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"confused and gullible ones" indeed :lol: :lol:

[/video]

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

mcal wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Keep talking.
...hmm, so dat na your yard stick. Nigerians sef, no wonder any pusher or bic carrying yahoo is called oga :sad:
Whats your next excuse clown? Is Rohr an accurate enough yardstick for you? Even after they posted a video of Rohr confirming a scheduled game against Atletico you still here exposing your yansh for the world to see:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: