Why has Rooney always been underrated?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kamerun
Egg
Egg
Why has Rooney always been underrated?

Post by kamerun »

He is certainly the best Striker in the World closely followed by Aguerro and Hernadez...No doubt. What a phenomenon... :shock: !2 Hattricks in a row? I believe he has been underrated for too long now. Its time we recognize what a magnificient player he is. Imagine his goal tally at a club like Barcelona bing fed by Xavi, Iniesta to name but a few? Scary stuff.... :thumb:
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Why has Rooney always been underrated?

Post by Damunk »

I wouldn't say he is anything near 'the best striker in the world' as you say, but he has certainly been underrated here on CE, simply because he is English.
He is far better rated by his fellow professionals and coaches around the world.
But CE knows best. :tic:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

He is the only Englishman that will start on any team in the world. Even though he is Younited, he is a stud! Dem lucky say we no nab am last year :taunt:
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

One word: Class
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

spastic wrote:He is the only Englishman that will start on any team in the world. Even though he is Younited, he is a stud! Dem lucky say we no nab am last year :taunt:
And who will you drop for him???
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Rooney is a streaky nplayer. He'll score 10 in 7 games then go a couple of months without a goal. Never fails, for me he's way too inconsistent to be a top player. Supposing he was playing in a club where the coach is not as patient, he'd be benched and lose confidence.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

airwolex wrote:Rooney is a streaky nplayer. He'll score 10 in 7 games then go a couple of months without a goal. Never fails, for me he's way too inconsistent to be a top player. Supposing he was playing in a club where the coach is not as patient, he'd be benched and lose confidence.
Hate to disagree with you but the kid is too talented kai.Like last season he couldnt score a goal ina whore house but sir alex had patience with him for a very long time.

It was funny how when Berbatov delivered,Sir Alex was quick to shut him down fast.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

World-class. Has proved himself on every platform. Many moons ago, Ferguson paid a pretty penny for a teenager full of promise and has been repaid. In the same period of time, Wenger has acquired Walcott, Baptista, Eduardo, Chamakh, paid Bendtner 50k a week and in august 2011, we needed another striker. You pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Wenger's fascination with surprising the world with his acquisitions continues to to be a parasite that plagues our purpose.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...rooney is simply good. Attacking, defending, play making, dude is on a mission and capelo is glad to have him.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Top notch. He is playing the best football of his career. The questions about his temperament and ability to come thru at the highest stage remain. But at the mo he is arguably the best in the world at his position
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

airwolex wrote:Rooney is a streaky nplayer. He'll score 10 in 7 games then go a couple of months without a goal. Never fails, for me he's way too inconsistent to be a top player. Supposing he was playing in a club where the coach is not as patient, he'd be benched and lose confidence.
But the only time he actually waned was last season cos of his off pitch troubles. He has scored at least an average of 20 goals per season. Even when he wasnt scoring, he was still one of the best team members, contributing to teamwork in defence and mf. I've also notice that Rooney of al players has the best awareness of other players' location, whether opponents or team mates, like he has eyes around his head. He hardly turns the ball over and for a high scoring striker, he hardly plays selfishly.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Coach wrote:World-class. Has proved himself on every platform. Many moons ago, Ferguson paid a pretty penny for a teenager full of promise and has been repaid. In the same period of time, Wenger has acquired Walcott, Baptista, Eduardo, Chamakh, paid Bendtner 50k a week and in august 2011, we needed another striker. You pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Wenger's fascination with surprising the world with his acquisitions continues to to be a parasite that plagues our purpose.
This thread is about Rooney and not about Arsenal or Arsene... Haba!!! :rotf: :rotf:
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Damunk wrote:I wouldn't say he is anything near 'the best striker in the world' as you say
He is definitely not far off from being the best striker in the world.

What impresses me more than his current scoring form is his playmaking ability. The guy's footballing IQ is tremendous.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Coach wrote:World-class. Has proved himself on every platform. Many moons ago, Ferguson paid a pretty penny for a teenager full of promise and has been repaid. In the same period of time, Wenger has acquired Walcott, Baptista, Eduardo, Chamakh, paid Bendtner 50k a week and in august 2011, we needed another striker. You pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Wenger's fascination with surprising the world with his acquisitions continues to to be a parasite that plagues our purpose.

Shame no dey catch you. :curse: :curse: :curse:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

phantomjournalist wrote:
Damunk wrote:I wouldn't say he is anything near 'the best striker in the world' as you say
He is definitely not far off from being the best striker in the world.

What impresses me more than his current scoring form is his playmaking ability. The guy's footballing IQ is tremendous.
Kpom. For example if we just look at goals alone, Gomez scored 7 in the last two games, but no one would consider him the best or be as good as Rooney, Eto'o etc (and rightly so)
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

the problem here is not his ability, Rooney's problem is in his head, it appears he can lose focus easily once he does it easily affects his game. But once his mind is in the game he becomes deadly and sensational. I like his new hair cut, it appears there is a message behind it. I hope those parasites would stay off and let him concentrate on his game. I hope they wont start pushing him to move , that is when his problems usually starts. Also i hope he stays injury free, these things have a way of derailing players progress and performance. He spent the most of last season trying to clear his head and the contract issue, it was only in the 3rd quarter that he found his bearing again and he has continued from there, that is the real Rooney.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

anointed wrote:
But the only time he actually waned was last season cos of his off pitch troubles. He has scored at least an average of 20 goals per season. Even when he wasnt scoring, he was still one of the best team members, contributing to teamwork in defence and mf. I've also notice that Rooney of al players has the best awareness of other players' location, whether opponents or team mates, like he has eyes around his head. He hardly turns the ball over and for a high scoring striker, he hardly plays selfishly.
No o!! H goes long stretches without scoring at least once a season and for England too. For me it's all about opportunity. Strikers are all about the boals and players like Berbatov and Chicharito - I'm quite sure - will outscore Rooney if given the same opportunities.

I will admit that he gives more in other facets of the game than everybody Manure currently have but for me he's living a bit of a charmed life as the golden boy of English soccer.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

mcal wrote:...rooney is simply good. Attacking, defending, play making, dude is on a mission and capelo is glad to have him.
...mcal you said it very right man cos many are not looking at his defensive role...was suprised how he was defending yesterday like in other games...like Yujam mentioned we are seeing him at the pick of his game...
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

phantomjournalist wrote:. The guy's footballing IQ is tremendous.
kpom
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

That hair transplant has done wonders for his confidence this season!
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

kamerun wrote:He is certainly the best Striker in the World closely followed by Aguerro and Hernadez...No doubt. What a phenomenon... :shock: !2 Hattricks in a row? I believe he has been underrated for too long now. Its time we recognize what a magnificient player he is. Imagine his goal tally at a club like Barcelona bing fed by Xavi, Iniesta to name but a few? Scary stuff.... :thumb:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

JuJuMan wrote:That hair transplant has done wonders for his confidence this season!
When I tell people say na Oyibo man get juju pass they always think say my head no dey house. They put some ancient juju on his head dey tell us say na transplant.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *