Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 55869
His on ball skills is a concern. But if you need to play more direct. He is a perfect fit. The system we are running require a mobile forward that can hold the ball up. I hope he gets 90 mins against Congo. The only way to stop the hyping on CE is to see the guy in action. The SE is not Crotone of Italy.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:04 pm
Posts: 485
Simy is a Plan B option and will make the team. Ideye is past it and hasee never been known for goal scoring. Ohenhen let it go. He had made the squad against your wishes. Take the L and keep it moving.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 55869
MYMIND wrote:
Simy is a Plan B option and will make the team. Ideye is past it and hasee never been known for goal scoring. Ohenhen let it go. He had made the squad against your wishes. Take the L and keep it moving.


He hasn't made the squad yet. Remember Musa can play as a central striker. Lokosa can also surprise people.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3243
Wow I am really impressed with our coach! Simy has been in good form and Rohr has decided to take a closer look. This call-up is based on merit and aimed at addressing a well known weakness in the squad.We all know Ighalo is not clinical while Nacho prefers the second striker position therefore it makes sense to call up a striker in good form from Italy who is big fast and clinical. This not the same situation as 2014 where the leading scorer during the qualifiers was dropped in favour of a bunch of wastepipes (Sola, Nwofor, Uchebo, Azeez, Babatunde, Reuben etc etc).

The coach has also gone with the same keepers he has used during qualifiers and ANC. I respect this decision for one it tells players that you need to play qualifiers or miss the main tournament. The days of Babayaro not turning up for qualifiers then getting pick for the main tournament is over. Also the selection says if you play regularly for your club you be rewarded with selection. Again if a Homebase player is exceptional he also will be picked. Nigeria goes on with or without certain players it would be great if this template were used for future selections.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3914
The truth is Mr Dummy Rohr will not play him in any of the friendlies to prevent him from displacing one of his favorite players. Mr Dummy Rohr has a blind and asinine allegiance to some players and will by any nefarious means possible to prevent other better players from displacing them. A fat chance that Simy will ever be given a chance to display what he has. Foolishly the dummy is already molliffying the whole country to accept his impending failure . He keeps reminding us SE are 47th in FIFA ranking. Whose fault is it SE is ranked so low. He has been charge for over 3 years


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 23692
Location: Ikeja
Cito wrote:
nanijoe wrote:
Simy Nwankwo 2018 = Uchebo 2014...

Doesn't work out that way.
I am not a medical doctor but I smell badbellititis and that's my diagnosis of your ailment. :D

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Posts: 1689
Location: New York
Damunk wrote:
iworo wrote:
He was a little bit evasive when he was asked questions about his Nigeria soccer background. Too many philosophical responses.......I don’t know, maybe is just me reading too much into it.
Well, all he says is that he went to Italy age 19.
From there his football history is freely available on the internet.
He might turn out to be what they call a 'late bloomer', like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy.


I finally got what I was looking for -

Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo:''I was born and brought up in Onitsha. Started playing football with Future Hope Academy, Nkpor. I spent a couple of years in G.U.O FC then I returned to Future Hope Academy again. From there I joined amateur side Imo united in 2009. I left for Portugal in August 2010 to join the youth team of Portimonense. All I wanted was to progress to the senior team, so I thank God for the promotion''

Culled from http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=9621


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 1953
From YouTube clips, he looks like a good finisher. Hard to tell if he's as good on the ball as Umar or Awoniyi, which were other names being thrown around. He reminds me more of Victor Agali.

Ideye is a good player, but has been very poor at Malaga so not surprised he was ommited. Success is great at holding up the ball, but is not fit enough for the world cup


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 55869
olu wrote:
From YouTube clips. He looks like a good finisher. Hard to tell if he's as good on the ball as Umar or Awoniyi, which were other big strikers being considered. He reminds me more of Victor Agali.



Reminds me of Fernando Adi. Another big and tall striker that could finish but didn't really fit Nigeria system.

It may take a while for him to be ready to play for Nigeria.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 55869
bully12 wrote:
The truth is Mr Dummy Rohr will not play him in any of the friendlies to prevent him from displacing one of his favorite players. Mr Dummy Rohr has a blind and asinine allegiance to some players and will by any nefarious means possible to prevent other better players from displacing them. A fat chance that Simy will ever be given a chance to display what he has. Foolishly the dummy is already molliffying the whole country to accept his impending failure . He keeps reminding us SE are 47th in FIFA ranking. Whose fault is it SE is ranked so low. He has been charge for over 3 years


No no no, Rohr must play him. That is the only way we can quiet down the hyping on CE.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14364
Prince wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
against Lazio. Cross into the box and he heads it in.

This guy can be dangerous if we have good crossers of the ball.

6 goals in 7 matches.

Crosses from Musa :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I waited tire for Barnet

To be fair, he played in the middle that night and not on the wing.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35558
Location: Somewhere
Damunk wrote:
iworo wrote:
He was a little bit evasive when he was asked questions about his Nigeria soccer background. Too many philosophical responses.......I don’t know, maybe is just me reading too much into it.
Well, all he says is that he went to Italy age 19.
From there his football history is freely available on the internet.
He might turn out to be what they call a 'late bloomer', like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy.



He's actually 26 now (DOB May 1992)...older than I originally thought. He might just be hitting his prime now.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
iworo wrote:
He was a little bit evasive when he was asked questions about his Nigeria soccer background. Too many philosophical responses.......I don’t know, maybe is just me reading too much into it.
Well, all he says is that he went to Italy age 19.
From there his football history is freely available on the internet.
He might turn out to be what they call a 'late bloomer', like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy.



He's actually 26 now (DOB May 1992)...older than I originally thought. He might just be hitting his prime now.


Hmm Uncle, how much dem dey pay you. I have been tracking your post...and you just dey on hand to answer any and all questions asked. :lol: :sneaky: :sneaky:


John12!!!! Where are you? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35558
Location: Somewhere
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
iworo wrote:
He was a little bit evasive when he was asked questions about his Nigeria soccer background. Too many philosophical responses.......I don’t know, maybe is just me reading too much into it.
Well, all he says is that he went to Italy age 19.
From there his football history is freely available on the internet.
He might turn out to be what they call a 'late bloomer', like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy.



He's actually 26 now (DOB May 1992)...older than I originally thought. He might just be hitting his prime now.


Hmm Uncle, how much dem dey pay you. I have been tracking your post...and you just dey on hand to answer any and all questions asked. :lol: :sneaky: :sneaky:


John12!!!! Where are you? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


sharap dia, and bring ya dancing gif....we be dancin' dancin' dancin'. Even John's bad belle no fit slow us down...it is written, on the green grass!

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3914
Why are you excited with Simy's inclusion ? There is nothing special or exceptional about him. There should be a public outcry for exclusion of prodigiously talented player Onyekuru. Why was he excluded?The simple answer to the question Mr depraved Rohr has vested interest in certain players thus he did want them to be displaced by Onyekuru . The buffoon never gave him chance to prove himself but played him paltrily in one match only. I'm absolutely exasperated that there is no public indignation over such outrageous and egregious miscarriage of justice. This fool blatantly omitted the most talented and skillful player that Nigeria has , purely for selfish reason. Fans are inordinately reticent but foolishly excited over inclusion of far less talented Simy who fortuitously scored some few goals recently. It is shame fans are laconic with such travesty .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
bully12 wrote:
Why are you excited with Simy's inclusion ? There is nothing special or exceptional about him. There should be a public outcry for exclusion of prodigiously talented player Onyekuru. Why was he excluded?The simple answer to the question Mr depraved Rohr has vested interest in certain players thus he did want them to be displaced by Onyekuru . The buffoon never gave him chance to prove himself but played him paltrily in one match only. I'm absolutely exasperated that there is no public indignation over such outrageous and egregious miscarriage of justice. This fool blatantly omitted the most talented and skillful player that Nigeria has , purely for selfish reason. Fans are inordinately reticent but foolishly excited over inclusion of far less talented Simy who fortuitously scored some few goals recently. It is shame fans are laconic with such travesty .


Have you noticed that no one responds to you anymore?

I am probably a bigger fan of Onyekuru than you, and even I recognize that a player who has not played in close to 6 months cannot be relied upon. He is NOT Neymar. Before he got injured he wasnt even a SQUAD regular (talkless of first 11 regular, and talkess of being our best players, as Neymar is Brazil's best player). Onyekuru was an outsider! a fringe player! That is the facts. he needed these last 5 months + to play his way into the team and unfortunately, injuries robbed him.

Hopefully, he has common sense and refuses to return to that belgian league next season. Keep his head down and works hard! I have no doubt that he will be an amazing player for any club and for us, after the world cup.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
iworo wrote:
He was a little bit evasive when he was asked questions about his Nigeria soccer background. Too many philosophical responses.......I don’t know, maybe is just me reading too much into it.
Well, all he says is that he went to Italy age 19.
From there his football history is freely available on the internet.
He might turn out to be what they call a 'late bloomer', like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy.



He's actually 26 now (DOB May 1992)...older than I originally thought. He might just be hitting his prime now.


Hmm Uncle, how much dem dey pay you. I have been tracking your post...and you just dey on hand to answer any and all questions asked. :lol: :sneaky: :sneaky:


John12!!!! Where are you? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


sharap dia, and bring ya dancing gif....we be dancin' dancin' dancin'. Even John's bad belle no fit slow us down...it is written, on the green grass!


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Uncle, make we dance!

Image

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 6307
Dammy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
against Lazio. Cross into the box and he heads it in.

This guy can be dangerous if we have good crossers of the ball.

6 goals in 7 matches.



Good for him. Now he can start his summer holidays and watch the WC with joy like I do.

Simmy is going to the WC.


And he will score lots of goals in our remaining friendlies


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:07 pm
Posts: 19074
iworo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
iworo wrote:
He was a little bit evasive when he was asked questions about his Nigeria soccer background. Too many philosophical responses.......I don’t know, maybe is just me reading too much into it.
Well, all he says is that he went to Italy age 19.
From there his football history is freely available on the internet.
He might turn out to be what they call a 'late bloomer', like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy.


I finally got what I was looking for -

Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo:''I was born and brought up in Onitsha. Started playing football with Future Hope Academy, Nkpor . I spent a couple of years in G.U.O FC then I returned to Future Hope Academy again. From there I joined amateur side Imo united in 2009. I left for Portugal in August 2010 to join the youth team of Portimonense. All I wanted was to progress to the senior team, so I thank God for the promotion''

Culled from http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=9621

Chei my hometown. Dude is now my biggest super Eagles player. In fact he is now our bona fide striker. I have just applied and received my agent license.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35558
Location: Somewhere
Janganza wrote:
iworo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
iworo wrote:
He was a little bit evasive when he was asked questions about his Nigeria soccer background. Too many philosophical responses.......I don’t know, maybe is just me reading too much into it.
Well, all he says is that he went to Italy age 19.
From there his football history is freely available on the internet.
He might turn out to be what they call a 'late bloomer', like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy.


I finally got what I was looking for -

Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo:''I was born and brought up in Onitsha. Started playing football with Future Hope Academy, Nkpor . I spent a couple of years in G.U.O FC then I returned to Future Hope Academy again. From there I joined amateur side Imo united in 2009. I left for Portugal in August 2010 to join the youth team of Portimonense. All I wanted was to progress to the senior team, so I thank God for the promotion''

Culled from http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=9621

Chei my hometown. Dude is now my biggest super Eagles player. In fact he is now our bona fide striker. I have just applied and received my agent license.


you're late. By the way, I thought you're from Afikpo?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:07 pm
Posts: 19074
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Janganza wrote:
iworo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
iworo wrote:
He was a little bit evasive when he was asked questions about his Nigeria soccer background. Too many philosophical responses.......I don’t know, maybe is just me reading too much into it.
Well, all he says is that he went to Italy age 19.
From there his football history is freely available on the internet.
He might turn out to be what they call a 'late bloomer', like Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy.


I finally got what I was looking for -

Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo:''I was born and brought up in Onitsha. Started playing football with Future Hope Academy, Nkpor . I spent a couple of years in G.U.O FC then I returned to Future Hope Academy again. From there I joined amateur side Imo united in 2009. I left for Portugal in August 2010 to join the youth team of Portimonense. All I wanted was to progress to the senior team, so I thank God for the promotion''

Culled from http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=9621

Chei my hometown. Dude is now my biggest super Eagles player. In fact he is now our bona fide striker. I have just applied and received my agent license.


you're late. By the way, I thought you're from Afikpo?


:shock: Afi wetin? I be serious Ide-nna guy. The great Idemmili. A great son of Nkpor Obodo-Dike.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 8786
:lol: “Tribalism” has gone “nuclear”...it’s now village by village. Nwankwo never even reach camp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35558
Location: Somewhere
ANC wrote:
:lol: “Tribalism” has gone “nuclear”...it’s now village by village. Nwankwo never even reach camp



gerraria jo. He is one of ours.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group