SIMY NWANKWO HANGS AGAIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: SIMY NWANKWO HANGS AGAIN

Post by nanijoe »

Every world cup we get a new 1 month wonder..Opabunmi, Ogbeche, Uchebo and now Simy Nwankwo
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ANC wrote::lol: “Tribalism” has gone “nuclear”...it’s now village by village. Nwankwo never even reach camp

gerraria jo. He is one of ours.
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Simy is the best thing to happen to Naija since Rashidi Yekini. I am looking forward to personally thank him on behalf of 180 million Nigerians in Russia live and direct :thumbs:
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ANC wrote::lol: “Tribalism” has gone “nuclear”...it’s now village by village. Nwankwo never even reach camp

No mind am, na jealousy dey worry am. His neck of the wood is too primitive to produce anything worthwhile :laugh:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I've watched this dude's goals this year....I see a lot of scrappy stuff. Imposing player, but he doesn't score a lot of clean goals...and at the highest of levels, I'm not sure that would work
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

deanotito wrote:I've watched this dude's goals this year....I see a lot of scrappy stuff. Imposing player, but he doesn't score a lot of clean goals...and at the highest of levels, I'm not sure that would work
If only Ighalo would score ‘scrappy’ goals we wouldn’t be testing out other strikers!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:I've watched this dude's goals this year....I see a lot of scrappy stuff. Imposing player, but he doesn't score a lot of clean goals...and at the highest of levels, I'm not sure that would work
Actually, at the highest levels, the most effective goalscorers are those who score the scrappy goals. :wink:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Flex Swift wrote:
If only Ighalo would score ‘scrappy’ goals we wouldn’t be testing out other strikers!
:D Actually, when I started watching Ighalo for Watford, that was my first impression. There weren't a lot of clean goals...but at least he was pumping them in. A forumer (I think Solowe) started a thread saying the same thing and I contributed that that was my impression as well. His Kanu-esque swipe dribble (I don't know what else to call it) was still working on EPL defenders, and he and Deeney would harass you enough and eventually score. That was in the first EPL season.

Cue the 2nd season...teams were smarter, and defended him better...and the goals dried up.

At the highest of levels (WC, Champions League), I have never seen these types make an impact. If Ighalo is all we've got, I'll take him....The supporting cast is good enough to shore it up.....and from what I see, Ighalo's better than Nwankwo.
Last edited by deanotito on Fri May 18, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
Actually, at the highest levels, the most effective goalscorers are those who score the scrappy goals. :wink:
Whossai!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:

KPOM. All that matters is scoring.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Whossai!!

So you would not rate someone like Bas Dost because he doesn't score fancy goals?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

apparently according to owngoal they say from a source that Nwankwo will not make it and that Rohr already knows his 23 and wanted to name the 23 but was forced to name 30 players.

This Rohr is too conservative oh.

Its one thing to be 90 percent certain, but is Rohr really not going to take anything that happens in camp and in the 2 friendlies prior to the deadline into account ?

That is a crappy and reggresive approach if true. This type of coaching can only take us so far, I hate to say it.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I guess, according to FIFA, 'clean' goals carry more weight in a match compared to 'unclean' goals, right?
What difference does it make how he scores?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:apparently according to owngoal they say from a source that Nwankwo will not make it and that Rohr already knows his 23 and wanted to name the 23 but was forced to name 30 players.

Its one thing to be 90 percent certain, but is Rohr really not going to take anything that happens in camp and in the 2 friendlies prior to the deadline into account ?

That is a crappy and reggresive approach if true. This type of coaching can only take us so far, I hate to say it.
The same own goal that confidently said Ideye, musa mohammed, sadiq umar and dayo ojo made the provisional list? :lol:

That rag is not a credible source.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:apparently according to owngoal they say from a source that Nwankwo will not make it and that Rohr already knows his 23 and wanted to name the 23 but was forced to name 30 players.

You should have asked them whether ideye's name is still on the list they manufactured. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

deanotito wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
:D Actually, when I started watching Ighalo for Watford, that was my first impression. There weren't a lot of clean goals...but at least he was pumping them in. A forumer (I think Solowe) started a thread saying the same thing and I contributed that that was my impression as well. His Kanu-esque swipe dribble (I don't know what else to call it) was still working on EPL defenders, and he and Deeney would harass you enough and eventually score. That was in the first EPL season.

Cue the 2nd season...teams were smarter, and defended him better...and the goals dried up.

At the highest of levels (WC, Champions League), I have never seen these types make an impact. If Ighalo is all we've got, I'll take him....The supporting cast is good enough to shore it up.....and from what I see, Ighalo's better than Nwankwo.
Salvatore Schillachi.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Otitokoro wrote:I guess, according to FIFA, 'clean' goals carry more weight in a match compared to 'unclean' goals, right?
What difference does it make how he scores?
You obviously don't understand the point. If I labor to score a scrappy goal (consistently) in Nigerian div 2, its very likely that such labor will not produce any results vs. Man United. That's all I'm saying. Its based on my experience watching countless strikers over decades. Yours may be different, but alas, this is a forum
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Whossai!!

So you would not rate someone like Bas Dost because he doesn't score fancy goals?
Until I saw your post, I never even knew a human being called Bas Dost existed....talkless of a player. Completely unfamiliar with him. Sounds like the name of a waste-pipic player tho :D :D
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Janganza wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

No mind am, na jealousy dey worry am. His neck of the wood is too primitive to produce anything worthwhile :laugh:

:rotf: :rotf:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

KPOM. All that matters is scoring.
But that is my point....they don't produce (consistently) at the highest levels. Who no want scorer? I'll take a scrappy but consistent producer-goal scorer at the highest levels.

But I ain't seen many...You can't win wars with those types...they have their level, and its not up there.
Last edited by deanotito on Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote:

The same own goal that confidently said Ideye, musa mohammed, sadiq umar and dayo ojo made the provisional list? :lol:

That rag is not a credible source.

well if you look at it another way, Sadiq, Ojo and Mohammed made the list to play Atletico. Perhaps the lists were confused.

Also it was claimed that people were lobbying for 35 names while, Rohr wanted to name 23 and 30 was reached as a compromise.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Salvatore Schillachi.
1990 eh? We have to reach back 30 years? Anyway, I don't agree that Schillachi was Nwankwo-scrappy. And by scrappy, I am not referring to a player who plays with aggression, and puts his back in it. I'm simply talking about the quality of goals. Can you pick a spot in the post, pick the portion of your leg you want to hit the ball with, pick torque and spin, and then execute??? Not all these bobble up and down goals where the ball hits 2 points of your leg before it goes in...or where it seems like if it wasn't for a lucky bounce, it wouldn't go in. At the highest levels, you can't make an impact with all of that.

I just don't see clean planning and picking from Nwankwo (in 2018). I haven't watched a full game....just goals.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Salvatore Schillachi.
Why go that far??

Luca Toni
Drogba
Diego Milito
Diego Costa
Lukaku
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

The best predators get the ball over the line in a variety of ways.