SIMY NWANKWO HANGS AGAIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SIMY NWANKWO HANGS AGAIN

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
deanotito wrote:I've watched this dude's goals this year....I see a lot of scrappy stuff. Imposing player, but he doesn't score a lot of clean goals...and at the highest of levels, I'm not sure that would work
If only Ighalo would score ‘scrappy’ goals we wouldn’t be testing out other strikers!
:D Actually, when I started watching Ighalo for Watford, that was my first impression. There weren't a lot of clean goals...but at least he was pumping them in. A forumer (I think Solowe) started a thread saying the same thing and I contributed that that was my impression as well. His Kanu-esque swipe dribble (I don't know what else to call it) was still working on EPL defenders, and he and Deeney would harass you enough and eventually score. That was in the first EPL season.

Cue the 2nd season...teams were smarter, and defended him better...and the goals dried up.

At the highest of levels (WC, Champions League), I have never seen these types make an impact. If Ighalo is all we've got, I'll take him....The supporting cast is good enough to shore it up.....and from what I see, Ighalo's better than Nwankwo.
Salvatore Schillachi.
Why go that far??

Luca Toni
Drogba
Diego Milito
Diego Costa
Lukaku
None ...and I mean none....of the guys you listed are in the scrappy-goal category. None. I do not mean a fighter/bruiser. If I did, Dan Amokachi wouldn’t be my favorite eagle of all time ...read posts above
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
deanotito wrote:I've watched this dude's goals this year....I see a lot of scrappy stuff. Imposing player, but he doesn't score a lot of clean goals...and at the highest of levels, I'm not sure that would work
If only Ighalo would score ‘scrappy’ goals we wouldn’t be testing out other strikers!
:D Actually, when I started watching Ighalo for Watford, that was my first impression. There weren't a lot of clean goals...but at least he was pumping them in. A forumer (I think Solowe) started a thread saying the same thing and I contributed that that was my impression as well. His Kanu-esque swipe dribble (I don't know what else to call it) was still working on EPL defenders, and he and Deeney would harass you enough and eventually score. That was in the first EPL season.

Cue the 2nd season...teams were smarter, and defended him better...and the goals dried up.

At the highest of levels (WC, Champions League), I have never seen these types make an impact. If Ighalo is all we've got, I'll take him....The supporting cast is good enough to shore it up.....and from what I see, Ighalo's better than Nwankwo.
Salvatore Schillachi.
Why go that far??

Luca Toni
Drogba
Diego Milito
Diego Costa
Lukaku
None ...and I mean none....of the guys you listed are in the scrappy-goal category. None. I do not mean a fighter/bruiser. If I did, Dan Amokachi wouldn’t be my favorite eagle of all time ...read posts above
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Salvatore Schillachi.
Why go that far??

Luca Toni
Drogba
Diego Milito
Diego Costa
Lukaku
I know what scrappy goal category is, and ALL... AND I MEAN ALL... OF THESE GUYS I HAVE LISTED ARE IN THE SCRAPPY-GOAL CATEGORY. Especially Milito and Costa, two of my favorite Strikers ever! They get the ball to cross the line any way and in any manner they can. No fancying ... no sweet foot kick.. just get the ball in the net.

And I know you didnt mean "fighter/bruiser." Milito is not a "bruiser."
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Actually, at the highest levels, the most effective goalscorers are those who score the scrappy goals. :wink:
Whossai!!

So you would not rate someone like Bas Dost because he doesn't score fancy goals?
Until I saw your post, I never even knew a human being called Bas Dost existed....talkless of a player. Completely unfamiliar with him. Sounds like the name of a waste-pipic player tho :D :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
in 2017, only Messi beat him to the European golden boot. He scored 27 goals again this year. The fact that you are unaware of his existence goes to our point. All he does is just score, nothing fancy.
Last edited by metalalloy on Sat May 19, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:apparently according to owngoal they say from a source that Nwankwo will not make it and that Rohr already knows his 23 and wanted to name the 23 but was forced to name 30 players.

This Rohr is too conservative oh.

Its one thing to be 90 percent certain, but is Rohr really not going to take anything that happens in camp and in the 2 friendlies prior to the deadline into account ?

That is a crappy and reggresive approach if true. This type of coaching can only take us so far, I hate to say it.
The same own goal that confidently said Ideye, musa mohammed, sadiq umar and dayo ojo made the provisional list? :lol:

That rag is not a credible source.

well if you look at it another way, Sadiq, Ojo and Mohammed made the list to play Atletico. Perhaps the lists were confused.

Also it was claimed that people were lobbying for 35 names while, Rohr wanted to name 23 and 30 was reached as a compromise.
No bro. The only thing confused is owngoal. They posted a letter of musa mohammed's invitation for the Atletico game as evidence of tampering with Rohr's provisional list. That site is useless
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Actually, at the highest levels, the most effective goalscorers are those who score the scrappy goals. :wink:
Whossai!!

So you would not rate someone like Bas Dost because he doesn't score fancy goals?
Until I saw your post, I never even knew a human being called Bas Dost existed....talkless of a player. Completely unfamiliar with him. Sounds like the name of a waste-pipic player tho :D :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
in 2017, only Messi beat him to the European golden boot. He scored 27 goals again this year. The fact that you are unaware of his existence goes to our point. All he does is just score, nothing fancy.

Naaah it doesn’t, but nice try. I’m not talking about fancy. I’m talking about clean. Pick and Execute. That’s striker skill. And you need that skil at the highest levels. I’ve been very clear in saying that all I’ve watched is 2018 goals...haven’t watched a full game or prior years. From what I’ve seen, he lacks that composure/skill needs at the highest levels.

His goal per game stats over his history are also poor. At least not enough to convince me that the scrap was an anomaly.