Chelsea Misses Michael Emenalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Chelsea Misses Michael Emenalo

Post by balo »

Ungrateful Binches.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/ ... c-14647388

Antonio Conte reveals who Chelsea have missed the most this season - and it's not Costa or Matic

Michael Emenalo left his role as technical director back in November

By Oliver Harbord Chelsea Correspondent
13:38, 13 MAY 2018

Antonio Conte has admitted that the loss of Michael Emenalo as Chelsea's technical director in November made his job harder this season.

Emenalo was with the club for ten years, starting as chief scout under Avram Grant, before becoming assistant manager in 2010 and then taking the technical director role a year later.

The Nigerian left his role with Chelsea in November 2016, claiming that he wanted to take time away from the game and spend more time with his family, however then became Monaco's sporting director just three weeks later.

Conte has always claimed that his relationship with Emenalo was strong and the latter was often a buffer between Marina Granovskaia and the board when it came to transfers.

Emenalo was often the fall guy when it came to supporters anger often a lack of transfers, but his role in that way was often misunderstood. Also being a trusted advisor to Roman Abramovich helped link the board, Emenalo's departure obviously affected Conte.

When asked if his departure made Conte's job harder, the Italian said: "Yeah, yeah I think to lose Michael was a big loss for us. I think so because Michael did a great job for this club for many years and last season he helped me a lot during the season and this season until he stayed here.

For me it was a big loss, I remember very well, after the United game.

"This is not my decision, as you know very well. My task is to work very hard, this is not my decision. this is the decision for the club. I think I am not in the position to tell this [whether the club need to replace him]."
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea Misses Michael Emenalo

Post by nemi2002 »

No be him dey fight Mike?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

nemi2002 wrote:No be him dey fight Mike?
That was probably beer parlour gossip, which CE decided to carry on its head.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

It looks like the interviewer put Conte on the spot by asking him if the team missed Emenalo. I hope Conte wasn't taking the easy way out by avoiding accepting blame for the poor performance this season. After all Emenalo left midseason after the team had been assembled. Personally I think its still way too early to feel the effect of his loss.

Just my opinion though.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

balo wrote:Ungrateful Binches.

Antonio Conte reveals who Chelsea have missed the most this season - and it's not Costa or Matic

Antonio Conte has admitted that the loss of Michael Emenalo as Chelsea's technical director in November made his job harder this season.

Emenalo was with the club for ten years, starting as chief scout under Avram Grant, before becoming assistant manager in 2010 and then taking the technical director role a year later.

The Nigerian left his role with Chelsea in November 2016, claiming that he wanted to take time away from the game and spend more time with his family, however then became Monaco's sporting director just three weeks later.

Conte has always claimed that his relationship with Emenalo was strong and the latter was often a buffer between Marina Granovskaia and the board when it came to transfers.

Emenalo was often the fall guy when it came to supporters anger often a lack of transfers, but his role in that way was often misunderstood. Also being a trusted advisor to Roman Abramovich helped link the board, Emenalo's departure obviously affected Conte.

When asked if his departure made Conte's job harder, the Italian said: "Yeah, yeah I think to lose Michael was a big loss for us. I think so because Michael did a great job for this club for many years and last season he helped me a lot during the season and this season until he stayed here.

"This is not my decision, as you know very well. My task is to work very hard, this is not my decision. this is the decision for the club. I think I am not in the position to tell this [whether the club need to replace him]."

Abeg make una tell them Oooo...serves all those ungrateful Chelsea fans right, the ones that couldnt stand a Nigerian running the show behind the scenes. I hope they like getting yanshed by Newcastle.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

charlie wrote:
balo wrote:Ungrateful Binches.

Abeg make una tell them Oooo...serves all those ungrateful Chelsea fans right, the ones that couldnt stand a Nigerian running the show behind the scenes. I hope they like getting yanshed by Newcastle.
Kpom this statement.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I said this my friend a Chelski WE a few weeks ago.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigerian fickle Chelsea fans that have never been to Kings Road don’t know how the mind of an ignorant English man works (I’m talking about Chavs,google it) and joined them in the demise of Emenalo only to realise its time to switch clubs again watch the number of City fans in Nigeria rise!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

theYemster wrote:It looks like the interviewer put Conte on the spot by asking him if the team missed Emenalo. I hope Conte wasn't taking the easy way out by avoiding accepting blame for the poor performance this season. After all Emenalo left midseason after the team had been assembled. Personally I think its still way too early to feel the effect of his loss.

Just my opinion though.

:agree:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Emenalo was ‘a big loss’, laments Conte at the end of it all

Turns out we know nothing, like Jon Snow

By David Pasztor and wxwax May 13, 2018, 12:52am PDT

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... -of-it-all

Michael Emenalo was a great many things to Chelsea and a great many more less-great things to Chelsea fans. He was a scout, a technical director, a visionary, briefly an assistant manager, even. He was also a scapegoat, a lightning rod for criticism, everything that was wrong with the club, an incompetent fool, an enemy of Mourinho/Conte, and so on and so forth. Not all of those things are true of course, especially from the second list. What’s that saying, you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone? Yep.

Emenalo’s time at Stamford Bridge did not begin under welcoming circumstances as in the public eye, he replaced the beloved Ray Wilkins on the Chelsea bench as Ancelotti’s assistant. Emenalo never quite recovered from that first impression. He was also the public face of Mourinho’s second sacking, complete with an unfortunate catchphrase, “palpable discord”. And of course the Conte vs. Emenalo stories were ever-present all last season.

Meanwhile, in the background, as he rose from scout to director, Emenalo overhauled Chelsea’s scouting systems, created and oversaw (and defended) the massive Loan Army program, identified and recommended fantastic future talents (Courtois, Lukaku, De Bruyne, just to mention a few we all may have heard of), and often served as the football-facing side of the executive Board, the one person among all of the suits who actually had first-hand football experience and not just a business or law degree. Surely that counts for something even in these modern times.

And that’s probably just a partial list of his accomplishments. And while we might never know just how he got on with Mourinho, as it turns out, he got on very well with Conte. They may have disagreed on potential transfer targets (or they may have not), but the key to a good professional relationship isn’t to always agree, but to trust, respect, and communicate effectively. Trust is a word Conte often used even when talking about transfer market troubles.

Now the word is “big loss” instead. It’s so big, it’s two words in fact.

“To lose Michael, it was a big loss for us, yes. I think so, I think so. Also because Michael did a great job for this club for many years.”

“Last season he helped me a lot during the season. This season, until he left, he helped me a lot. I remember very well he left just after the Manchester United game… For me, for sure, it was a big loss in November.”

As more and more time passes since Emenalo decamped to sunny Monaco, the more and more we’re coming to appreciate that he was far closer to being a solution than he was to being a problem. After the initial shameful euphoria of his sacking, which was soon revealed to actually be a resignation, reports started emerging that he was actually the “sane” mediator between headstrong managers on the one side and headstrong executives on the other. (For all we know, the stress of doing that on a daily basis may have been a factor in his decision to leave.)

“But this is not my decision. As you know very well, my task is to work very hard. This is not my decision. This is the decision for others. I’m not in a position to say.”

-Antonio Conte; source: Guardian

Emenalo’s departure was not Chelsea’s gain and it certainly was not Conte’s. It was in fact Conte’s loss. And probably Chelsea’s, too. And the fallout’s just begun.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg