"Oloye, So 75% of the 30 man provisional list are Igbo"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Oloye, So 75% of the 30 man provisional list are Igbo

Post by 1naija »

chief nfachairman wrote:
airwolex wrote:One of my friends was saying the other day that all Lagos soccer fans do nowadays is watch Chelsea and Arsenal and play bet Naija or nairabet. If not for MFM saving them self there would be no local team in Lagos a city of over 10 million.

I honestly don't know what happened to soccer in the SW. It has become a vast soccer wasteland. Maybe it was the Premiership. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lagos is the center of football but most of those playing football are not Yorubas. I have a grassroot team in Lekki area and out of 30, we dont have upto 5 yorubas in that team. Its not bcos i am tribalist (i am yoruba but my mum Igbo).

Yorubas nowadays would rather go to school, "learn work", or do agbero.
Hmmm! We know which of the 3 career paths Princess and yembrassiere took.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
zee wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I don't want to rile up any tribal sentiments as I'm Igbo myself and proudly one, but why have players of mostly Igbo ethnicity always dominated the SE? I believe this has been the status quo for quite some time now, even as far as back as the Westerhoff era... not sure of the era prior to that.
We no dey go school again....dats why :o
oh so nah ethnic thingy, how come the igbos no dey produce prolific strikers ?
:bump: :bump:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:OMG
Lock Thread please Moderators, do your job
ANC, na wetin sef? Why do you seem to have your threads locked or get annoyed each time you open a thread and people are not saying what you want to hear?

If you think you can control what people have to say in a thread you opened, then you are very wrong, Sir. In that case, I suggest you don't open threads anymore, because your wish is not going to happen.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Odas wrote:
ANC wrote:OMG
Lock Thread please Moderators, do your job
ANC, na wetin sef? Why do you seem to have your threads locked or get annoyed each time you open a thread and people are not saying what you want to hear?

If you think you can control what people have to say in a thread you opened, then you are very wrong, Sir. In that case, I suggest you don't open threads anymore, because your wish is not going to happen.

the idea of this thread was to banter.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ANC wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:13 igbo
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North
not sure bout Lokosa but sounds MIddle belt

NOt 75%.

I guess we can move on now

:shock:

Damn you are a tribalist, how were you able to tell who's who abeg?
I can tell where anyone is from by their name or by mere looking at them. Even down to their states to some certain degree.

Hitler would be proud.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ANC wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

I can tell where anyone is from by their name or by mere looking at them. Even down to their states to some certain degree.
Victor Moses? Moses Simon?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
ANC wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

Easy, He is a breda, but was born in lagos.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

Only Shehu Abdullahi is a Northerner on that team... If you are counting Ahmed Musa, well he is ethically from the Northern part of Edo state, around Auchi if I'm not mistaken.
i also heard Musa was from Auchi but again, other sources say he is from Kano (abi na kaduna).

Simon Moses is from the North
Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon born in Jos, but not an indigene.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

ANC wrote:
folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
ANC wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

Easy, He is a breda, but was born in lagos.
Born in Jos.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

Only Shehu Abdullahi is a Northerner on that team... If you are counting Ahmed Musa, well he is ethically from the Northern part of Edo state, around Auchi if I'm not mistaken.
i also heard Musa was from Auchi but again, other sources say he is from Kano (abi na kaduna).

Ajala travel....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

oh yes. I remember. How can i forget the Simon Daddy Ajala abi whatever name he used that went on trials with Ajax.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

ANC wrote:Moderators Lock the thread, Please. I didnt realize that there are so many egg heads on here. People are taking this topic way too serious
sorry, this thread is beyond you now. It has taken a life of its own. :bump:
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

chief nfachairman wrote:
folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

oh yes. I remember. How can i forget the Simon Daddy Ajala abi whatever name he used that went on trials with Ajax.
http://thenationonlineng.net/single-han ... sa-mother/
Super Eagles’ Ahmed Musa’s mother, Sarah Moses has stated that she single-handedly nurtured Ahmed and her other four daughters when her husband passed on 20 years ago.

Sixty-year-old Musa’s mum who graced the unveiling of the N500 million sports fitness centre in the ancient city of Kano built by her son during an exclusive interview with Sporting Life, described Musa as a philanthropist who has touched so many lives with his wealth, particularly, the widows and orphans, adding that, “he has been the bread winner of the family and even our extended family members. He is taking good care of all of us.”
According to her, contrary to insinuations that Ahmed Musa hailed from Jos, Plateau state, the mum said, “he is actually from Maiduguri in Borno state. I am the second wife to the late father who died when Musa was seven years old.

“I am a Christian from Edo state and the father Musa was a Muslim—this is why I am bearing Moses. The father was a kind and caring man; a very generous man who took care of all his wives before he died. I am happy today to see my last born being celebrated by the small and mighty. So, I thank God for him and I am fulfilled.”
https://lifebogger.com/ahmed-musa-child ... phy-facts/

Ahmed Musa's mum is from Afuze, Edo State.
Last edited by folem on Tue May 15, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ANC wrote:Moderators Lock the thread, Please. I didnt realize that there are so many egg heads on here. People are taking this topic way too serious
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude is a comic...
Started a useless thread and then followed it with an even more useless request. :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Dude is a comic...
Started a useless thread and then followed it with an even more useless request. :D

:rotf: :rotf:

bros what do you expect, I underestimated the level of "tribalism" on CE.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ANC wrote:
Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Dude is a comic...

:rotf: :rotf:

My tribalism pass your tribalism....

In as much as I despise any of the 'isms', I don't see most of the posts as tribalism. Ok I take it back, ANC original post na tribalism personified. :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote:
ANC wrote: :rotf: :rotf:

In as much as I despise any of the 'isms', I don't see most of the posts as tribalism. Ok I take it back, ANC original post na tribalism personified. :sneaky:

Dude apparently wanted a primordial tribalism discourse...
It ended being an intelligent discussion, and dude is disgusted! :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Gotti wrote:
Cito wrote:

KPOM. He started a thread for ethnic baiting (i.e. something negative) but it turned mostly into an intelligent (and positive) discussion on sports in general and he didn't like it.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Moderators Please Lock MY Thread

Post by 1naija »

Murds, please change the thread title to the original 13% Derivation for Junior Allies. Nigeria belongs to all of us ( except Biafrans), so everybody must contribute at least 50%!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

chief nfachairman wrote:
airwolex wrote:One of my friends was saying the other day that all Lagos soccer fans do nowadays is watch Chelsea and Arsenal and play bet Naija or nairabet. If not for MFM saving them self there would be no local team in Lagos a city of over 10 million.

I honestly don't know what happened to soccer in the SW. It has become a vast soccer wasteland. Maybe it was the Premiership. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lagos is the center of football but most of those playing football are not Yorubas. I have a grassroot team in Lekki area and out of 30, we dont have upto 5 yorubas in that team. Its not bcos i am tribalist (i am yoruba but my mum Igbo).

Yorubas nowadays would rather go to school, "learn work", or do agbero.
Yorubas have moved on to more elite sports like Skiing, Archery, Equestrian, Polo etc.
Or leisure sports like Hunting, Fishing, surfing, boating, etc :sneaky: :mrgreen:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

Super Eagles’ Ahmed Musa’s mother, Sarah Moses has stated that she single-handedly nurtured Ahmed and her other four daughters when her husband passed on 20 years ago.

Sixty-year-old Musa’s mum who graced the unveiling of the N500 million sports fitness centre in the ancient city of Kano built by her son during an exclusive interview with Sporting Life, described Musa as a philanthropist who has touched so many lives with his wealth, particularly, the widows and orphans, adding that, “he has been the bread winner of the family and even our extended family members. He is taking good care of all of us.”
According to her, contrary to insinuations that Ahmed Musa hailed from Jos, Plateau state, the mum said, “he is actually from Maiduguri in Borno state. I am the second wife to the late father who died when Musa was seven years old.

“I am a Christian from Edo state and the father Musa was a Muslim—this is why I am bearing Moses. The father was a kind and caring man; a very generous man who took care of all his wives before he died. I am happy today to see my last born being celebrated by the small and mighty. So, I thank God for him and I am fulfilled.”

Chai so Musa na my cousin...thunder fire anyone who calls him headless chicken again. Ope o no more insults again :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

oloye wrote:
folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
folem wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
9 South south
4 Yoruba
3 North

NOt 75%.

Chai so Musa na my cousin...thunder fire anyone who calls him headless chicken again. Ope o no more insults again :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Orion wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Cito wrote:

KPOM. He started a thread for ethnic baiting (i.e. something negative) but it turned mostly into an intelligent (and positive) discussion on sports in general and he didn't like it.
KPOM. Utter clown. :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16