Nigeria's 35-man List Gists

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Nigeria's 35-man List Gists

Post by naijaguy »

OwnGoal:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria's 35-man List Gists

Post by naijaguy »

I hope this is a joke tho
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Where is the full list?
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Kenneth Omeruo has been trending on Naija twitter since morning. hmmm
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Why is rohr calling 35 players and putting unnecessary amounts of pressure on himself. The World Cup starts in one month and there’s absolutely no need calling 35 players this late only to drop 12 in 3 weeks. It’s a waste of money, resources and time I just hope Agents or NFF isn’t the brainchild of that decision. We need to learn from previous mistakes and hope it doesn’t reoccur
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

John 12 pressure to you is likely not pressure to Rohr. Some exams are hard for others and easy for some.

Nigeria always has at least one surprise addition to and omission from every World Cup Squad. Emenalo in 1994 and Akpobororie omission in 1998 etc. Get used to it. There is nothing wrong with it. There will always be some player that will rise up to the occasion and shows enough worthy of World Cup contention .
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

naijaguy wrote:Kenneth Omeruo has been trending on Naija twitter since morning. hmmm

And this is relevant because it makes sense that Rohr consults the latest trending players to pick his list. :roll:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

MYMIND wrote:John 12 pressure to you is likely not pressure to Rohr. Some exams are hard for others and easy for some.

Nigeria always has at least one surprise addition to and omission from every World Cup Squad. Emenalo in 1994 and Akpobororie omission in 1998 etc. Get used to it. There is nothing wrong with it. There will always be some player that will rise up to the occasion and shows enough worthy of World Cup contention .
Abi o

Person wey no want pressure should not be a coach anywhere let alone SE. The saying goes that if you dont want water splashed on you, dont go to the river side.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

naijaguy wrote:OwnGoal:
I believe he's injured at the moment

http://footballlive.ng/injury-may-knock ... gles-list/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

FIFA's deadline for the submission of 35-man squad for WC 2018 is today.

https://en.as.com/en/2018/02/10/footbal ... 32201.html
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Kano Pillars deadly striker, Junior Lokosa who's on 18 goals in 21 league games makes the Super Eagles' provisional list to the World Cup. Source: Very reliable source. #PoojaExclusive
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lokosa makes the list ahead of someone scoring 6/7 ok seria A? Ok o. This is why I’m against 35 man nonsense it’s just going to be filled with Agents manufactured list. Coach should just select 23 players and 4 standby
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Purity wrote:Kano Pillars deadly striker, Junior Lokosa who's on 18 goals in 21 league games makes the Super Eagles' provisional list to the World Cup. Source: Very reliable source. #PoojaExclusive

I hope this this is true. I know nothing about the guy, but scoring 18 goals in 21 games in the Naija league should get him a shot especially considering the lack of consistency we have up there. Guys playing in Naija have to know that if they perform, they have a legit chance at breaking into the national team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

metalalloy wrote:
Purity wrote:Kano Pillars deadly striker, Junior Lokosa who's on 18 goals in 21 league games makes the Super Eagles' provisional list to the World Cup. Source: Very reliable source. #PoojaExclusive

I hope this this is true. I know nothing about the guy, but scoring 18 goals in 21 games in the Naija league should get him a shot especially considering the lack of consistency we have up there. Guys playing in Naija have to know that if they perform, they have a legit chance at breaking into the national team.
:agree: :agree: Let him have the chance to fight for a place. We might be surprised, though I also agree with John12 that 35 is a bit unruly.
To stop trying is to start dying
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

john12 wrote:Lokosa makes the list ahead of someone scoring 6/7 ok seria A? Ok o. This is why I’m against 35 man nonsense it’s just going to be filled with Agents manufactured list. Coach should just select 23 players and 4 standby

Nwankwo would not have made the final 23. Why waste his time. Lokossa is already in Nigeria. Easier for him to get to camp. Will play against Athletico and then dropped. I also dont think Simy fits Rohr system.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

metalalloy wrote:

Mohamed Gambo was just as prolific in Nigeria until he got found out at the confed cup. Pls, stop this nonsense.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Mohamed Gambo was just as prolific in Nigeria until he got found out at the confed cup. Pls, stop this nonsense.
:rotf: that man was huuuuuuseeelessss!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ideye Returns, Sadiq Umar, Dayo Ojo, Musa Muhammed, Nwakali Make Super Eagles Provisional List
May 14, 2018

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal some of the players who have made the 35 man provisional list of the senior national team of Nigeria for the World Cup 2018 in Russia.
There is a return for Brown Ideye who is currently on loan from Chinese side Tianjin Teda to recently ‎relegated Spanish LaLiga side Malaga. Ideye has been out of the squad for almost seven months but he now has the chance to make the final list for the World Cup.
Another player making a return to the squad after a close to two years absence from the team is on loan Istanbul Basaksehir full back Musa Mohammed who is presently turning out for Bulgarian side Lokomotiv Plovdiv.
Sadiq Umar as first reported by this portal on our official twitter handle made the list, mainly due to his performance for NAC Breda where he spent the second half of the season on loan from Italian Serie A side Roma.

Umar who terminated his loan deal with Torino for the move to NAC Breda isn’t the only player included in the list who is yet to be capped as Sunshine Stars midfielder Dayo Ojo was al‎so included by coach Gernot Rohr.
Also on loan Manchester City midfielder Chidiebere Nwakali who has been on loan at Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen also made the provisional list, where he is joined by another Man City loanee in Olarewaju Kayode.
Kayode was included largely due to his strong showing for Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk, where he moved to after an unhappy time in Spain with Girona in the first half of the season. Last week he lifted the Ukraine Cup with his team.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/14/id ... onal-list/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Own goal has never been correct or truthful. Howbeit, they hover around the truth
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote:
john12 wrote:Lokosa makes the list ahead of someone scoring 6/7 ok seria A? Ok o. This is why I’m against 35 man nonsense it’s just going to be filled with Agents manufactured list. Coach should just select 23 players and 4 standby

Nwankwo would not have made the final 23. Why waste his time. Lokossa is already in Nigeria. Easier for him to get to camp. Will play against Athletico and then dropped. I also dont think Simy fits Rohr system.
So it's easier for him to get to the camp in Austria, needing a visa, than someone who is already in Europe and may not need a fresh visa?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

anointed wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

So it's easier for him to get to the camp in Austria, needing a visa, than someone who is already in Europe and may not need a fresh visa?
The camp will start in Nigeria or have they changed the plans?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx