Who else remains concerned about the playmaker position?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who else remains concerned about the playmaker position?

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote:The only concern is really if Mikel is marked out of a game/ gets injured. We haven't had a game that i recall where we dominated in his absence.
We dominated South Africa without Mikel.

We were unlucky to lose and it just came down to 2 mental lapses.

We also completely dominated the first half against Poland.

I am confident Iwobi can back up Mikel.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Is this good enough:

************************************************Ighalo***************************************

***********************Moses*********************************Iheanacho*******************

**************************************************Iwobi***************************************

**************************Ndidi*******************************Mikel**************************

***Joel********************Balogun*******************Ekong********************Ebuehi****

*********************************************Uzoho********************************************

It is far bar our strongest 11. Over to you Rohr!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I don't know about you guys but I do not fancy the idea of playing lghalo and Iheanacho at the same time.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I can fancy iheanacho and ighalo playing together upfront. Iheanacho must be upfront because he is our best finisher not as a midfielder but very close to ighalo whose best qualities are hustling, dribbling and back to goal. The 2 can play upfront with another winger and 3 midfielders
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robotnik wrote:I don't know about you guys but I do not fancy the idea of playing lghalo and Iheanacho at the same time.

Moses and Onyekuru as wide men would have been my preferred choice. Playing the two of them behind the targetman Ighalo would have been ideal.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

john12 wrote:I can fancy iheanacho and ighalo playing together upfront. Iheanacho must be upfront because he is our best finisher not as a midfielder but very close to ighalo whose best qualities are hustling, dribbling and back to goal. The 2 can play upfront with another winger and 3 midfielders
Iheanacho cannot start in our first 11. A support striker (his best position) is a luxury in a game that must not be lost. A support striker is only useful to start if you are playing a weak team that will come to defend or a strong team that needs to be broken down in the 2nd half. As a default, 5 midfielders are needed to contain a strong opposition with your arrowhead that can hold the ball upfront to allow others join the link-up.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ayo, every WC, there’s a precompetition concern about playmakers, with an unshakeable insistence upon said archaic role being exclusively reserve for attacking midfielders. In the modern era, the playmaker is a fluid role and inclusive of all players and all positions. In closing, there’s no need for any of the above.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Victor Moses, Iwobi, Mikel are capable of being playmakers.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Nah only u waka come sir :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

However you cut it, we need Ajagun and Nwakali in this squad. Maybe Iwobi can step up to the plate, let us see!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho
Aina, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi
Iheanacho, Ighalo, V Moses

The front three will switch positions through out the game. Aina, V Moses and Idowu will provide the wide play. Iheanacho will play as a supporting striker to Ighalo. All three midfielders must play the Patrick Viera role for Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx