Cybereagles
http://forum.cybereagles.com/

Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=288154
Page 2 of 3

Author:  jdizzy [ Wed May 16, 2018 3:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

lionga wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.

Yea, quite!

Cahill won't start on this team. Stones and Maguire are first choice CBs

Author:  SylverEagles [ Wed May 16, 2018 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

jdizzy wrote:
Brave selections by Southgate. Gotta applaud England not making selections based on name or club affiliation for once. Past years Joe Hart, Jack, Smalling, Phil Jones etc would have made the squad


Phil Jones is in the squad.

Author:  SylverEagles [ Wed May 16, 2018 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

Goldleaf wrote:
Pope
Butland
Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
Cahill
Macguire
Stones
Trippier
Dier
Rose
Young
Jones
Walker

Delph
Dele Alli
Sterling
Loftus-Cheek
Linguard
Henderson

Kane
Vardy
Welbeck
Rashford

England Manager Gareth Soughgate's 23 for Russia. The 3 keepers only have 9 caps between them all. This is very unlike England. Soughgate obviously believes that chemistry matters more than experience judging by England's victories at U17 and U20. The days of established names representing England for years and years seems to have come to an end.


Seems a reasonable selection. Very young squad and that midfield is really light - they are relying on Henderson and Dele Alli to carry that midfield. Good luck with that! And taking Welbeck?? To do what? Well I expect him to not play a single minute if Gareth has any sense. And talking about Gareth, I can't believe England is going to a World Cup with coach that has not really shown that he's up to the job.

Well, like Lineker said, looks like 3 games and out to me, with a remote possibility of a 4th if lucky!

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed May 16, 2018 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

SylverEagles wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Brave selections by Southgate. Gotta applaud England not making selections based on name or club affiliation for once. Past years Joe Hart, Jack, Smalling, Phil Jones etc would have made the squad


Phil Jones is in the squad.


And he is actually their best defender by a mile. His problem is injuries.

Author:  Benedict Iroha [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

Meh average squad. How Danny Welbeck gets picked for every tournament baffles me.

Author:  green4life [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.


Point well taken though note that Dier was listed as a defender when he usually features in midfield for them. Also, Jones can deputize if need be.

Author:  icee [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

I think Engald may just show up this time.

Author:  jdizzy [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

SylverEagles wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Brave selections by Southgate. Gotta applaud England not making selections based on name or club affiliation for once. Past years Joe Hart, Jack, Smalling, Phil Jones etc would have made the squad


Phil Jones is in the squad.

Oops I missed that

Author:  pajimoh [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

Straight 23, no messing with provisional squad. Stay injury and you're in Russia. BOLD & DECISIVE

Author:  ohenhen1 [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

pajimoh wrote:
Straight 23, no messing with provisional squad. Stay injury and you're in Russia. BOLD & DECISIVE


I like boldness. Why mess around when you don't have to.

Author:  ohenhen1 [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

green4life wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.


Point well taken though note that Dier was listed as a defender when he usually features in midfield for them. Also, Jones can deputize if need be.


Still light.

Is Drink water English?

What about Ross Barkley?

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

jdizzy wrote:
lionga wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.

Yea, quite!

Cahill won't start on this team. Stones and Maguire are first choice CBs


which Stones? The one who hasnt played all season?

And England plays with 3 at the back.

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

ohenhen1 wrote:
green4life wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.


Point well taken though note that Dier was listed as a defender when he usually features in midfield for them. Also, Jones can deputize if need be.


Still light.

Is Drink water English?

What about Ross Barkley?


I think most of you are unaware that England plays 3-4-3, so that means, they only start games with 2 midfielders.

Well, this is CE, you guys dont keep current with what is happening. Na playstation football we dey always discuss here. :rotf: :rotf:

Author:  ohenhen1 [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
green4life wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.


Point well taken though note that Dier was listed as a defender when he usually features in midfield for them. Also, Jones can deputize if need be.


Still light.

Is Drink water English?

What about Ross Barkley?


I think most of you are unaware that England plays 3-4-3, so that means, they only start games with 2 midfielders.

Well, this is CE, you guys dont keep current with what is happening. Na playstation football we dey always discuss here. :rotf: :rotf:



I don't follow the English team. Wetin concern me set with the English. Walking out of the thread.

Author:  danfo driver [ Wed May 16, 2018 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
green4life wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.


Point well taken though note that Dier was listed as a defender when he usually features in midfield for them. Also, Jones can deputize if need be.


Still light.

Is Drink water English?

What about Ross Barkley?


I think most of you are unaware that England plays 3-4-3, so that means, they only start games with 2 midfielders.

Well, this is CE, you guys dont keep current with what is happening. Na playstation football we dey always discuss here. :rotf: :rotf:



I don't follow the English team. Wetin concern me set with the English. Walking out of the thread.


Yet, you are here speaking about their team. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Author:  ohenhen1 [ Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

You are right. I don't know anything about the English team. Nor do I care.

Author:  airwolex [ Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

jdizzy wrote:
lionga wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.

Yea, quite!

Cahill won't start on this team. Stones and Maguire are first choice CBs


If they play those two they will be killed. Phil Jones should start.

Author:  Ayo Akinfe [ Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

King Futcha wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Pope
Butland
Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
Cahill
Macguire
Stones
Trippier
Dier
Rose
Young
Jones
Walker

Delph
Dele Alli
Sterling
Loftus-Cheek
Linguard
Henderson

Kane
Vardy
Welbeck
Rashford

England Manager Gareth Soughgate's 23 for Russia. The 3 keepers only have 9 caps between them all. This is very unlike England. Soughgate obviously believes that chemistry matters more than experience judging by England's victories at U17 and U20. The days of established names representing England for years and years seems to have come to an end.



Dele Alli will end up being his playmaker.


Lingard will start over dele...

with that said, this team will be home before the post cards.



Jessie Lingard is not a playmaker!

Author:  Ayo Akinfe [ Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

England are in an easy group. I think a second berth is more or less certain. How they fair after that is another matter!

Author:  oloye [ Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

jdizzy wrote:
lionga wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.

Yea, quite!

Cahill won't start on this team. Stones and Maguire are first choice CBs

Then they will be beating silly like a pair of konga drums

Author:  oloye [ Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
green4life wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
The midfield is light.


Point well taken though note that Dier was listed as a defender when he usually features in midfield for them. Also, Jones can deputize if need be.


Still light.

Is Drink water English?

What about Ross Barkley?


I think most of you are unaware that England plays 3-4-3, so that means, they only start games with 2 midfielders.

Well, this is CE, you guys dont keep current with what is happening. Na playstation football we dey always discuss here. :rotf: :rotf:



I don't follow the English team. Wetin concern me set with the English. Walking out of the thread.


Yet, you are here speaking about their team. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That is a naija man for you and not only that he will engage in heated argument with those who do. And you wonder what he premises his arguement on.....hot air maybe, no wonder the arguments are often heated. :D

Author:  Ayo Akinfe [ Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

This is how England will most likely line up:

**********************************************Kane**************************************

********************Rashford*******************************Sterling*******************

***********************Henderson***************************Dier************************

*************Walker*****************************************************Rose*************

********************Cahil***************Maguire**********************Jones************

***********************************************Pickford***********************************

Southgate will go for a solid formation and not use a playmaker at all. Alli and Loftus-Cheek will only be brought on if they are chasing a goal. I guess that is why Wilshire was dropped.

Author:  Goldleaf [ Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Southgate drops his best playmaker Jack Wilshire. Hmmm

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Pope
Butland
Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
Cahill
Macguire
Stones
Trippier
Dier
Rose
Young
Jones
Walker

Delph
Dele Alli
Sterling
Loftus-Cheek
Linguard
Henderson

Kane
Vardy
Welbeck
Rashford

England Manager Gareth Soughgate's 23 for Russia. The 3 keepers only have 9 caps between them all. This is very unlike England. Soughgate obviously believes that chemistry matters more than experience judging by England's victories at U17 and U20. The days of established names representing England for years and years seems to have come to an end.



Dele Alli will end up being his playmaker.


To be a playmaker, you have to be able to hold the ball for as long as possible while openings are created around you. You must be able to create something out of nothing. The coach issues the instruction that from getgo, you must be the recipient of the ball at the first instance. When did you ever see Dele Alli hold the ball?

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/