Henry says make me manager or I will not return to Gunners

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Henry says make me manager or I will not return to Gunners

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Thierry Henry says he will not work as an assistant coach at Arsenal as it must be the top job or nothing - See more at: https://goo.gl/R9JygZ
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Henry says make me manager or I will not return to Gunne

Post by ohenhen1 »

You have learned well from the Uk tabloids.

Henry said he won't be an assistant to Arteta. Didn't say he won't return to Arsenal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I do not blame him. I thought that he would be a very good choice as manager. Choice of Arteta not bad either but Henry should be manager not assistant.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't know if Henry is a good manager material. That is why we have an interview process.

He doesn't look like he has a lot of experience. The same with Arteta.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Has he apply for the job?
Henry scarce me as a coach.I hope he makes a good coach.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

kajifu wrote:Has he apply for the job?

Why does he scare you as coach?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Thierry Henry says he will not work as an assistant coach at Arsenal as it must be the top job or nothing - See more at: https://goo.gl/R9JygZ
...be his agent, work your magic like you do for SE players :biggrin:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Arteta has been Guardiola's study all be it for a short time, Henry? - A football pundit.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ANC wrote:
kajifu wrote:Has he apply for the job?

Why does he scare you as coach?
I have watch him as assistant for Belgium, even the way he try to report and analyst the game.I just fear that he has not coach a club football and to give him a big job with no structure in place like when Pep took over Barca is asking for trouble.As an assistant he will.need someone that he respect not likes of Arteta who I also fear lack experience and has never coach a football match.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I agree. Wrong combination on both fronts. I don't think both the coach and assistant should be inexperienced. If Arteta's the coach then he should get a more experienced assistant. Or Henry can be assistant to an experienced coach. But we shouldn't pair them both together.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I would have been surprised if he showed up as assistant under Arteta, to start with he is doing well with Sky. Secondly for someone who has a statue outside the stadium in his honour, it is utter disrespect to sound him out to be an assistant, why is he not good enough to be the manager?

Looks like coconuts heads are still running this club!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:I would have been surprised if he showed up as assistant under Arteta, to start with he is doing well with Sky. Secondly for someone who has a statue outside the stadium in his honour, it is utter disrespect to sound him out to be an assistant, why is he not good enough to be the manager?

Thats why we want you back at the club.. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: ..oya when are you coming back ? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
oloye wrote:I would have been surprised if he showed up as assistant under Arteta, to start with he is doing well with Sky. Secondly for someone who has a statue outside the stadium in his honour, it is utter disrespect to sound him out to be an assistant, why is he not good enough to be the manager?

Thats why we want you back at the club.. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: ..oya when are you coming back ? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
When those coconuts heads are gone :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

When those coconuts heads are gone :D
Jokes apart - I am with Kaji shake shake on this , their inaptness ( board and mgt ) must be revealed and they must be shamed out. Wenger with all his faults covered and took too much blame for the yeye coconut heads. :curse: :curse:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

DIMKA76 wrote:Arteta has been Guardiola's study all be it for a short time, Henry? - A football pundit.

Henry is assistant coach of Belgium National Team, and has been "coaching" longer than Arteta.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

NB: I have not clicked on Ayo's link.

Going by what I have seen on the green grass, Arteta should get the job.

Arteta has the blessing of Arsene Wenger. Henry does not.

Arteta is assistant to a proven quality coach and it shows on the green grass while Henry has not and it is showing on the green grass. Belgium has very good players but coaching (which includes Henry) is still holding them back.

Arteta has more leadership qualities than Henry (hence A. Wenger's blessing).

Patrick Viera should be in the mix instead of Henry.

Whichever coach who gets it should have the freedom to pick their own assistants.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Kabalega wrote:NB: I have not clicked on Ayo's link.

Arteta is assistant to a proven quality coach and it shows on the green grass while Henry has not and it is showing on the green grass. Belgium has very good players but coaching (which includes Henry) is still holding them back.

Whichever coach who gets it should have the freedom to pick their own assistants.
And Moyes had the blessing of Sir Fergie!

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Why do we have this thread on the EN page while the Road to Russia thread has been moved to the obscure World Cup forum?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

danfo driver wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Arteta has been Guardiola's study all be it for a short time, Henry? - A football pundit.

Henry is assistant coach of Belgium National Team, and has been "coaching" longer than Arteta.
I think Arteta has more coaching hours besides national team posts are different from club sides
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

DIMKA76 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I think Arteta has more coaching hours besides national team posts are different from club sides
I dont know how many coaching hours each have. But Henry has been coaching longer than Arteta has been coaching.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

danfo driver wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I dont know how many coaching hours each have. But Henry has been coaching longer than Arteta has been coaching.
This is the wrong metric to look at here.

David Moyes has been coaching longer than Pep, Arteta or Henry. Should he get the job ahead of them all?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

oloye wrote:
Kabalega wrote:NB: I have not clicked on Ayo's link.

And Moyes had the blessing of Sir Fergie!
Against Sir Fergie's advice, Moyes got rid of the support staff that would have eased his transition. The rest just quit!
That was Moyes' death knell.

Arteta knows Arsenal's support staff and many will stay if he were to take over. I believe that is another big reason Wenger wants him. Just to protect the support staff, Wenger's people.

An outside coach or even Henry who has been away for a while will inevitably lose a lot of current Arsenal support staff.

They should keep that group apart from the medics and physios.

Another important attribute you want in a coach is access to a top notch, quality support network of other coaches especially for a young coach.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal is a tough job even for experienced managers. We need an experienced coach that can manage the side. The manager has to manage mentally weak players. He has to oversee the transition from a legend. He has to rebuild the team. He has to fight a cheap board to get resources.

Any one of the following coaches will do.

Ralph Hasenhüttl

Jardim

Luis Enrique

Rafa Benitez
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.