Supporters for SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Supporters for SE

Post by highbury »

I am curious if we have a large Nigerian contingent in Russia. I really believe that the supporters in Russia alongside the Nigerian supporters club will really play a huge role in SE's success. The last time I felt the Nigerian supporters in the stadium was in USA'94 and France' 98( more especially).
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Supporters for SE

Post by felarey »

highbury wrote:I am curious if we have a large Nigerian contingent in Russia. I really believe that the supporters in Russia alongside the Nigerian supporters club will really play a huge role in SE's success. The last time I felt the Nigerian supporters in the stadium was in USA'94 and France' 98( more especially).
FIFA has been inhumanely suppressing our very active supporters club banning instruments like trumpets. It only takes the supporters club doing their thing and a handful of Nigerians to establish our presence in stadiums. I've experienced it first hand and there's nothing like it once we get going. It may have had an impact on our players in '94 and '98 where we topped our groups. Where is Pinnick to make sure our supporters club are not suppressed this time? We need to work with FIFA and the local organizing Russians to make sure we're not muted.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

felarey wrote:
highbury wrote:I am curious if we have a large Nigerian contingent in Russia. I really believe that the supporters in Russia alongside the Nigerian supporters club will really play a huge role in SE's success. The last time I felt the Nigerian supporters in the stadium was in USA'94 and France' 98( more especially).
FIFA has been inhumanely suppressing our very active supporters club banning instruments like trumpets. It only takes the supporters club doing their thing and a handful of Nigerians to establish our presence in stadiums. I've experienced it first hand and there's nothing like it once we get going. It may have had an impact on our players in '94 and '98 where we topped our groups. Where is Pinnick to make sure our supporters club are not suppressed this time? We need to work with FIFA and the local organizing Russians to make sure we're not muted.
Yea. I remember the banning of the trumpets started in Brazil 2014. When I heard that I was stunned. It was like taking our identity away. Pinnick should use his influence to address this. Who is to determine which instrument is " Ok" while others aren't OK? I have seen the power and influence of the supporters club. Unfortunately, most supporters of the SE is not in CE
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

highbury wrote:
felarey wrote:
Yea. I remember the banning of the trumpets started in Brazil 2014. When I heard that I was stunned. It was like taking our identity away. Pinnick should use his influence to address this. Who is to determine which instrument is " Ok" while others aren't OK? I have seen the power and influence of the supporters club. Unfortunately, most supporters of the SE is not in CE
I played the game and know the power of the 12th player, the great Supporters. I also was privileged to be a member and official of the great Nigeria Football Supporters Club under Dr. Rafiu Ladipo. I say this with all confidence. WE COULD NOT HAVE WON THE 1994 NATIONS CUP, PERFORMED WELL AT THE 1994 WORLD CUP, OR WON THE 1996 OLYMPIC GOLD WITHOUT THE MASSIVE SUPPORT OF THE SUPPORTERS CLUB. The support was both on and off the field. Testimonial of this is evident in the players dashing to the Supporters stand at the end of the victorious outings to celebrate and acknowledge the Supporters. The trumpets were the signature and identity of the club. Many players confessed that as soon as they heard the trumpets, their confidence shot through the roof. It had a debilitating effect on opponents and made it seem that the few hundred Super Eagles supporters outnumbered those of the opponents
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Obong wrote:
highbury wrote:
felarey wrote:
I played the game and know the power of the 12th player, the great Supporters. I also was privileged to be a member and official of the great Nigeria Football Supporters Club under Dr. Rafiu Ladipo. I say this with all confidence. WE COULD NOT HAVE WON THE 1994 NATIONS CUP, PERFORMED WELL AT THE 1994 WORLD CUP, OR WON THE 1996 OLYMPIC GOLD WITHOUT THE MASSIVE SUPPORT OF THE SUPPORTERS CLUB. The support was both on and off the field. Testimonial of this is evident in the players dashing to the Supporters stand at the end of the victorious outings to celebrate and acknowledge the Supporters. The trumpets were the signature and identity of the club. Many players confessed that as soon as they heard the trumpets, their confidence shot through the roof. It had a debilitating effect on opponents and made it seem that the few hundred Super Eagles supporters outnumbered those of the opponents
Chai! :o So how do we make sure the SE gets the support they deserve from our supporter's club? We won't have the numbers to drown out the opposition fans. Seriously, Pinnick, OGA JJ and Papillo need to go underground if need be. Maybe get Don Putin to tell his security operatives to leave our supporters club alone. Meet with the FIFA reps and convince them about the atmosphere and importance of our instruments. We know Naija boys will ball once they're in the mood, forget about club, tactics, coaching etc. If they hear those songs they sang on the bus, they will get it done. The USA '94 team didn't know who their superiors were, they just balled and were unpredictable. This may be the most important prep work we have till the WC.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

felarey wrote:
Obong wrote:
highbury wrote:
felarey wrote:
Chai! :o So how do we make sure the SE gets the support they deserve from our supporter's club? We won't have the numbers to drown out the opposition fans. Seriously, Pinnick, OGA JJ and Papillo need to go underground if need be. Maybe get Don Putin to tell his security operatives to leave our supporters club alone. Meet with the FIFA reps and convince them about the atmosphere and importance of our instruments. We know Naija boys will ball once they're in the mood, forget about club, tactics, coaching etc. If they hear those songs they sang on the bus, they will get it done. The USA '94 team didn't know who their superiors were, they just balled and were unpredictable. This may be the most important prep work we have till the WC.
That is the million dollar question