Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TheHitman47
Egg
Egg
Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

Post by TheHitman47 »

nzeogwu wrote:So in essence, we are a bad team or a good team that lacks world class individuals?

Our sum is greater than our individual parts. England have more talent than us, we can't deny that, even with some of the quality they lack in the midfield, their attackers are still top notch and probably in the top 5 collective attacks in the world.

With that said. How many Nigerian players would make the Brazil Squad, Germany Squad or Spain Squad?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TheHitman47 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
oyek wrote:If Victor Moses hadn't switch allegiance, he probably will be on that list.
It's easier to answer the reverse. How many Eagles can stroll onto Southgate's England team?

Mikel, Ndidi?, Vic Mo and maybe Iwobi.
Did I leave out anyone?

Iwobi? :lol:

Only Ndidi and Victor Moses.
Who will bench Iwobi? And Who will bench Mikel? I am not having an argument, per se, just trying to find out from you who you think is better than Iwobi and Mikel
Dele Alli and Sterling would Bench Iwobi. I don't think any of the midfielders can Bench Mikel though.
Okay. Thanks

I am a bit conflicted with Alli. he has more end product than Iwobi, but he is not as creative and this season, he has been very very poor. (performance-wise), spurs fans will attest to this. Additionally, I dont see Alli as a "10", i see him more as a box-to-box CM.

As for Sterling, if England plays a 3-4-3, it means that they have to play with 2 wide men. So Sterling is not really benching Iwobi. They play together.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

nzeogwu wrote:So in essence, we are a bad team or a good team that lacks world class individuals?
We have NO world class player. However, individually, we have very very good players. And as a team, we are fantastic. That is our strength.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
We have NO world class player. However, individually, we have very very good players. And as a team, we are fantastic. That is our strength.
Wow, fantastic? I really hope we prove that at the world cup.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
Orion wrote:I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I always imagined Chris Smalling would be the defender selected from ManU.
I'm bit more surprised Phil Jones was picked ahead of Chris Smalling - can't be sporting reasons for sure. Chris has much better stats and actually played more games.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chris Smalling is NOT half the player Jones is. Not even close. Jones is actually the best English defender, straight up. No one is close to him. His problem is that he cant stay fit. Jones is a player that is injured for 3 months, and once he comes back, without wasting time, Mourinho takes him straight back into the starting 11. He is that good. Smalling on the other hand is a mistake waiting to happen. A defender who cannot even judge the flight of the ball.

His exclusion from the national team may be personal-- since he spoke against Southgate when he was left out for the last friendly. However, when it comes to Jones vs Smalling. Its not even close.
Your opinion, dude.

The facts beg to differ:

Phil Jones
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3 ... ones/stats

Chris Smalling
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3 ... ling/stats
sorry bro, i watch games. i dont need links to tell me anything.
Football-know-nothing......the only 'game' you watch is the Portuguese pygmy's backside :bump:
Foolish air headed dumbo :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
Orion wrote:I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I'm bit more surprised Phil Jones was picked ahead of Chris Smalling - can't be sporting reasons for sure. Chris has much better stats and actually played more games.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chris Smalling is NOT half the player Jones is. Not even close. Jones is actually the best English defender, straight up. No one is close to him. His problem is that he cant stay fit. Jones is a player that is injured for 3 months, and once he comes back, without wasting time, Mourinho takes him straight back into the starting 11. He is that good. Smalling on the other hand is a mistake waiting to happen. A defender who cannot even judge the flight of the ball.

His exclusion from the national team may be personal-- since he spoke against Southgate when he was left out for the last friendly. However, when it comes to Jones vs Smalling. Its not even close.
Your opinion, dude.

The facts beg to differ:

Phil Jones

Chris Smalling
Football-know-nothing......the only 'game' you watch is the Portuguese pygmy's backside :bump:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Zee baby! Ashawo ten kobo! The aids infested gutter rat! How is your miserable life? You know that curse I laid on you, when it happens... tell me about it.

Ask

Spurs,
Arsenal,
Deportivo,
Eneyama

You never jam! By the time I am finished with you.... You go see Oba!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:

Your opinion, dude.

The facts beg to differ:

Phil Jones

Chris Smalling
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Zee baby! Ashawo ten kobo! The aids infested gutter rat! How is your miserable life? You know that curse I laid on you, when it happens... tell me about it.

Ask

Spurs,
Arsenal,

Deportivo,
Eneyama

You never jam! By the time I am finished with you.... You go see Oba!
This little peado-pervert is truly demented............this little a-se-kisser of the Portuguese pygmy :mrgreen: really believes that Muliti-Million football powerhouses knows about his daft and silly rantings on CE.
WHAT A CLOWN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW..........join your oga in .........

Kneeling Down :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .......to the ..............

Great Centurion :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Only Moses and maybe Mikel, Ndidi, Iwobi would make England's 23.