Cybereagles
http://forum.cybereagles.com/

Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Eagles
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=288172
Page 1 of 2

Author:  nzeogwu [ Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Eagles

England World Cup Squad. I say onlt the four in bold? What do you say? No smart answers please.

Goalkeepers (3): Jack Butland (Stoke), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders (9): Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Kyle Walker, John Stones (Manchester City), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Jones, Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Midfielders (6): Eric Dier, Dele Alli (both Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea).

Forwards (5): Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal) Harry Kane (Tottenham).

Standby: Tom Heaton, James Tarkowski (Burnley), Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Jake Livermore (West Brom), Adam Lallana (Liverpool)

Author:  Rawlings [ Wed May 16, 2018 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

all of them will easily walk into eagles starting 11
You know why?

Because they play "abroad"

Author:  oyek [ Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

If Victor Moses hadn't switch allegiance, he probably will be on that list.

Author:  Kabalega [ Wed May 16, 2018 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

oyek wrote:
If Victor Moses hadn't switch allegiance, he probably will be on that list.

It's easier to answer the reverse. How many Eagles can stroll onto Southgate's England team?

Mikel, Ndidi?, Vic Mo and maybe Iwobi.
Did I leave out anyone?

Author:  ANC [ Wed May 16, 2018 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

oyek wrote:
If Victor Moses hadn't switch allegiance, he probably will be on that list.



And he would probably be making more than he is now at Chelsea. He is one of the least payed players.

Author:  ohenhen1 [ Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

Only Kane and their goalkeeper will start for Nigeria.

Author:  ANC [ Wed May 16, 2018 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

Raheem Sterling, Dele Ali, Gary Cahill, Ashley Young

Author:  ANC [ Wed May 16, 2018 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

ohenhen1 wrote:
Only Kane and their goalkeeper will start for Nigeria.



yeah right :dream:

Author:  vancity eagle [ Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

Do u mean squad or starting 11 ?

In a joint starting 11, only Mikel, Ndidi, and maybe Moses would make the team. And that is being generous.

Author:  Orion [ Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I always imagined Chris Smalling would be the defender selected from ManU.

Author:  maceo4 [ Thu May 17, 2018 12:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

Orion wrote:
I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I always imagined Chris Smalling would be the defender selected from ManU.


Really? :rotf: He’s been playing LB and has been good at it.

Author:  ROTC [ Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

Orion wrote:
I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I always imagined Chris Smalling would be the defender selected from ManU.


I'm bit more surprised Phil Jones was picked ahead of Chris Smalling - can't be sporting reasons for sure. Chris has much better stats and actually played more games.

Author:  danfo driver [ Thu May 17, 2018 1:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

ROTC wrote:
Orion wrote:
I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I always imagined Chris Smalling would be the defender selected from ManU.


I'm bit more surprised Phil Jones was picked ahead of Chris Smalling - can't be sporting reasons for sure. Chris has much better stats and actually played more games.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chris Smalling is NOT half the player Jones is. Not even close. Jones is actually the best English defender, straight up. No one is close to him. His problem is that he cant stay fit. Jones is a player that is injured for 3 months, and once he comes back, without wasting time, Mourinho takes him straight back into the starting 11. He is that good. Smalling on the other hand is a mistake waiting to happen. A defender who cannot even judge the flight of the ball.

His exclusion from the national team may be personal-- since he spoke against Southgate when he was left out for the last friendly. However, when it comes to Jones vs Smalling. Its not even close.

Author:  ROTC [ Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
Orion wrote:
I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I always imagined Chris Smalling would be the defender selected from ManU.


I'm bit more surprised Phil Jones was picked ahead of Chris Smalling - can't be sporting reasons for sure. Chris has much better stats and actually played more games.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chris Smalling is NOT half the player Jones is. Not even close. Jones is actually the best English defender, straight up. No one is close to him. His problem is that he cant stay fit. Jones is a player that is injured for 3 months, and once he comes back, without wasting time, Mourinho takes him straight back into the starting 11. He is that good. Smalling on the other hand is a mistake waiting to happen. A defender who cannot even judge the flight of the ball.

His exclusion from the national team may be personal-- since he spoke against Southgate when he was left out for the last friendly. However, when it comes to Jones vs Smalling. Its not even close.


Your opinion, dude.

The facts beg to differ:

Phil Jones
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3 ... ones/stats

Chris Smalling
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3 ... ling/stats

Author:  ANC [ Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

Kabalega wrote:
oyek wrote:
If Victor Moses hadn't switch allegiance, he probably will be on that list.

It's easier to answer the reverse. How many Eagles can stroll onto Southgate's England team?

Mikel, Ndidi?, Vic Mo and maybe Iwobi.
Did I leave out anyone?



Iwobi? :lol:

Only Ndidi and Victor Moses.

Author:  danfo driver [ Thu May 17, 2018 2:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

ROTC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
Orion wrote:
I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I always imagined Chris Smalling would be the defender selected from ManU.


I'm bit more surprised Phil Jones was picked ahead of Chris Smalling - can't be sporting reasons for sure. Chris has much better stats and actually played more games.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chris Smalling is NOT half the player Jones is. Not even close. Jones is actually the best English defender, straight up. No one is close to him. His problem is that he cant stay fit. Jones is a player that is injured for 3 months, and once he comes back, without wasting time, Mourinho takes him straight back into the starting 11. He is that good. Smalling on the other hand is a mistake waiting to happen. A defender who cannot even judge the flight of the ball.

His exclusion from the national team may be personal-- since he spoke against Southgate when he was left out for the last friendly. However, when it comes to Jones vs Smalling. Its not even close.


Your opinion, dude.

The facts beg to differ:

Phil Jones
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3 ... ones/stats

Chris Smalling
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3 ... ling/stats


sorry bro, i watch games. i dont need links to tell me anything.

Author:  Komani [ Thu May 17, 2018 3:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

Everyone bar Jake Livermore and MAYBE Lewis Cook would make our squad easy. Matter of fact Mikel and Moses are only good enough to be bench players. Ndidi has a 40 percent chance of starting (depending on the formation Southgate plays)

Author:  ROTC [ Thu May 17, 2018 4:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ROTC wrote:
Orion wrote:
I've not been keeping up with EPL games, but when did Ashley Young become a defender?

I always imagined Chris Smalling would be the defender selected from ManU.


I'm bit more surprised Phil Jones was picked ahead of Chris Smalling - can't be sporting reasons for sure. Chris has much better stats and actually played more games.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chris Smalling is NOT half the player Jones is. Not even close. Jones is actually the best English defender, straight up. No one is close to him. His problem is that he cant stay fit. Jones is a player that is injured for 3 months, and once he comes back, without wasting time, Mourinho takes him straight back into the starting 11. He is that good. Smalling on the other hand is a mistake waiting to happen. A defender who cannot even judge the flight of the ball.

His exclusion from the national team may be personal-- since he spoke against Southgate when he was left out for the last friendly. However, when it comes to Jones vs Smalling. Its not even close.


Your opinion, dude.

The facts beg to differ:

Phil Jones
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3 ... ones/stats

Chris Smalling
https://www.premierleague.com/players/3 ... ling/stats


sorry bro, i watch games. i dont need links to tell me anything.


Ok Pep, point taken :D

Author:  TheHitman47 [ Thu May 17, 2018 6:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

I think you need to analyze the positions and if you do you realize that individually that many of our players wouldn't even make it into England's squad.

Goalkeepers: Plainly speaking, none of our goalkeepers are at the level of the goalkeepers of the current England Squad. Uzoho could get to that level but Ezenwa, Akpeyi and Ajiboye are far from that level, even though the England keepers aren't the best.

Defenders: I don't care what anyone says but England's full backs make ours look like also rans. They have full backs that are good at both going forward and defending and I think that will be one of England's strengths when they arrive at the big show. Center backs on the other hand are not that much better than ours but they are better than ours individually to be prone to less mistakes and pass a bit better.

Midfielders: This is where I think we are on level terms with England. Of all the midfielders that England brought, non of their defensive mids are as good as Ndidi when it comes to being an out and out destroyer. They also don't have a creative central mid like Wilshere which when you look at their team they don't have a Mikel equivalent. Also they didn't bring a lot of attacking mids as I feel Dele Alli in the attacking mid role isn't that much better than Iwobi. As a second striker he does show his class over Iwobi.

Attackers: Let's face it here, England have many weapons to Choose from and have more consistent goal scorers and goal threats than we do. They have Sterling, Vardy, Kane etc. Their two main strikers are better than pretty much any striker we have had in the past 16 years.

Compared to the best teams in the world their team isn't that great but compared to ours on paper they are clearly a better side.

Now skipping all of that the real question is can they work as a team? You can have all the quality in the world but if you don't have the team chemistry, hard work or style of play, your team will fail.

Author:  danfo driver [ Thu May 17, 2018 6:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

ANC wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
oyek wrote:
If Victor Moses hadn't switch allegiance, he probably will be on that list.

It's easier to answer the reverse. How many Eagles can stroll onto Southgate's England team?

Mikel, Ndidi?, Vic Mo and maybe Iwobi.
Did I leave out anyone?



Iwobi? :lol:

Only Ndidi and Victor Moses.


Who will bench Iwobi? And Who will bench Mikel? I am not having an argument, per se, just trying to find out from you who you think is better than Iwobi and Mikel

Author:  TheHitman47 [ Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
oyek wrote:
If Victor Moses hadn't switch allegiance, he probably will be on that list.

It's easier to answer the reverse. How many Eagles can stroll onto Southgate's England team?

Mikel, Ndidi?, Vic Mo and maybe Iwobi.
Did I leave out anyone?



Iwobi? :lol:

Only Ndidi and Victor Moses.


Who will bench Iwobi? And Who will bench Mikel? I am not having an argument, per se, just trying to find out from you who you think is better than Iwobi and Mikel


Dele Alli and Sterling would Bench Iwobi. I don't think any of the midfielders can Bench Mikel though.

Author:  EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA [ Thu May 17, 2018 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

There has never been a Nigerian good enough for her Royal Majesty ‘s team. :thumb:

Author:  nzeogwu [ Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which of the England squad is good enough to make the Ea

So in essence, we are a bad team or a good team that lacks world class individuals?

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/