Nike has received 3 million pre-orders for Naija kit

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nike has received 3 million pre-orders for Naija kit

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I’ve got one and kit for my two year old :thumb:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I’ve got one and kit for my two year old :thumb:
Are you sure it's genuine? I've been to the Nike store a couple of times and was told it's not going to be available until first week of June. So where did you get yours from?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theYemster wrote:
Are you sure it's genuine? I've been to the Nike store a couple of times and was told it's not going to be available until first week of June. So where did you get yours from?
Nike Thailand branch :tic: Na yoke I dey yoke o :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

muzines wrote:
kalani JR wrote:How do you know this when Nike doesn't do pre orders and where did you even get these figures from?
I said where the figures came from in the post.
Yeah that info still sounds like fake news, major teams only sell about 2 million per year. There have been no pre-orders on Nike.com for the jersey and even if you call them directly they'll tell you to come back on June 2. If anything the numbers sound like plain supply numbers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

pajimoh wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Nike Thailand branch :tic: Na yoke I dey yoke o :sneaky:
Probably is but I’ve got one!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

NFF confirming this report and that jerseys will be available to the public on May 29th.

NIKE receives three million orders for Eagles’ jerseys, explores new contract with NFF
American sportswear giant, NIKE, on Thursday disclosed that it had received over three million orders for the new jerseys designed for the Senior National Team of Nigeria, Super Eagles, for the 21st FIFA World Cup finals opening in Russia in exactly four weeks.
At a meeting with chieftains of the Nigeria Football Federation at its Europe headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherlands, the sportswear behemoth also used the opportunity to announce that the much-anticipated release of the jerseys into the global market would happen on Tuesday, 29th May, at unit cost of $85.
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick attended the meeting in company with NFF 2nd Vice President/LMC Chairman, Mallam Shehu Dikko, who is also Chairman of the NFF Marketing, Sponsorship and TV Rights Committee. NIKE’s Vice President/General Manager for Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Matthus Visch was in company with Sales Director, Mr. Wouter van Olm.
Both organizations used the opportunity to appraise their running partnership agreement, signed in London three years ago, and while both expressed satisfaction with the contract performance, the imperative of penning a new, improved contract was high on the agenda. “The meeting was at the instance of NIKE. The company’s representatives at the meeting expressed delight with the performances of the various National Teams since they came on board and we both agreed that it was time for a much bigger contract. That would be actualized very soon. “The new Super Eagles’ jerseys will be released into the global market, including several NIKE shops across Nigeria, on 29th May 2018, just before the Eagles fly out to London for the friendly match against England. The cost would be $85 for one,” Dikko said.
the three years of NIKE’s initial sponsorship agreement with the NFF, the U17 National Team (Golden Eaglets) have won a fifth FIFA U17 World Cup; the U23 National Team (Olympic Eagles) have won bronze at the Men’s Olympic Football Tournament; the Senior Women National Team (Super Falcons) have won an eighth Women Africa Cup of Nations;
Last edited by maceo4 on Sat May 19, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

muzines wrote:Hello guys, as per the NFF and confirmed by Colin Udoh on Twitter, Nike have received 3 million pre-orders for our kit at an $85 price-point. I think they will make more money off Naija than most teams at this WC. They are also trying to renegotiate our Sponsorship deal.

I am hoping the professionalism out of the NFF continues going forward.
Pre-order? Where do we pre-order? :?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Robbynice wrote:
muzines wrote:Hello guys, as per the NFF and confirmed by Colin Udoh on Twitter, Nike have received 3 million pre-orders for our kit at an $85 price-point. I think they will make more money off Naija than most teams at this WC. They are also trying to renegotiate our Sponsorship deal.

Pre-order? Where do we pre-order? :?
There is none. I think people are mistaking stores making stock orders for pre order purchases.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I have placed my order.
Abeg pass me the website, I went to nike.com but only saw underwear available.
You're browsing the wrong section..... :glare:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ol boy I was confused, went to nike.com searched for Nigeria and this is what came up:

https://www.nike.com/t/hurley-phantom-n ... AJ6982-010
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ol boy I was confused, went to nike.com searched for Nigeria and this is what came up:

https://www.nike.com/t/hurley-phantom-n ... AJ6982-010
These are actually quite nice. Will definitely be getting one.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

theYemster wrote:
I just got the away shirt from a friend at Nike corporate, better looking in person than the pictures. My understanding is most retailers will start selling as soon as next week though the official sale date is end of May/Early June.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
I just got the away shirt from a friend at Nike corporate, better looking in person than the pictures. My understanding is most retailers will start selling as soon as next week though the official sale date is end of May/Early June.

Big bros, you get connection o! I haven't missed the posts about your personal meetings with the likes of Wenger o :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:

corporate in Portland...I need a job referral in the supply chain division
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Those figures are extremely impressive, when you put into account that the biggest clubs sell about 2 million each per season, Man U and Madrid. The shirt deals for the clubs are at about 25%, of sale price. I wonder if we at least get proceeds from sale, even at 20% NFF will be liquid for a long time.
If truly they get completed deals at 3 miilion shirts x 85 dollars per shirt=255,000,000 if we negotiate at big club levels, and get 20%. That is 51,000,000 usd.

Pinnic is unto something folks. Meanwhile questions need to be asked on if we are getting something. Dice it anyhow you want, that is crazy money.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Big bros, you get connection o! I haven't missed the posts about your personal meetings with the likes of Wenger o :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Oga, you be landlord, I am just a tenant. I'll say this, it pays to have good people in your life, people who know your passions and help you achieve them.

Everything you've read as far as Wenger's intelligence and charm is very correct. Incredibly vastly knowledgeable chap, pleasant. My affinity for Wenger the man had nothing to do with my feeling about Arsene the coach and I still think he has learned and forgotten more about the sport than some heralded coaches will ever know, i still think he can do well in a short term, very structured gig elsewhere but his time at Arsenal had to close.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

okidoki wrote:Those figures are extremely impressive, when you put into account that the biggest clubs sell about 2 million each per season, Man U and Madrid. The shirt deals for the clubs are at about 25%, of sale price. I wonder if we at least get proceeds from sale, even at 20% NFF will be liquid for a long time.
If truly they get completed deals at 3 miilion shirts x 85 dollars per shirt=255,000,000 if we negotiate at big club levels, and get 20%. That is 51,000,000 usd.

Pinnic is unto something folks. Meanwhile questions need to be asked on if we are getting something. Dice it anyhow you want, that is crazy money.
The cross appeal of the jersey is a sure earner. I expect every nationality to be sporting that kit.

So it seems the previous contract is almost at an end. The improved contract is a renewal. Egg head, don't get suckered into another cheap deal. Oh 1Naira, keep quiet :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why not let people buy it now. I need a new football jersey. My 2012 Arsenal jersey is too old.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

95% of the pre-order are advance-fee scam
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will buy the Jersey to rep Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Fake News.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Nigerian journalism...
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
this is unfair!