5 SUPER EAGLES ROHR MAY REGRET OVERLOOKING- Ed Dove

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
5 SUPER EAGLES ROHR MAY REGRET OVERLOOKING- Ed Dove

Post by Obong »

While Nwakaeme's inclusion on Rohr's omission list is debatable due to the logically and strategically sound invitation of Simeon Nwankwo, and Lookman has not really shown a desire to be part of the Super Eagles. However, the other three are bases for plausible argument in my opinion. Honestly, Rohr could not have satisfied all manner and shades of opinions considering the sheer number of qualified and talented Nigerian players available for selection.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/galleries/fiv ... 0xebap5eps
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 5 SUPER EAGLES ROHR MAY REGRET OVERLOOKING- Ed Dove

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Some thread alluded that Lookman did not want to play for Nigeria..

I think Henry got a look in and Rohr does not like something about the guy , PLUS he is returning from a major injury :sneaky:

Vince - Nothing more to add to previous discussion

Nwaekeme - NOOOOO na stronger version of Musa why take two musas ?

Efe Ambrose ke ? - Nothing to say here.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Aren’t all you Shameless Agents tired of your crooked ways?
1, Lookman: he hasn’t shown any interest in playing for Nigeria
2, nwakaeme: he was invited and didn’t really set ablaze the team with top notch performances. A team that isn’t lacking in goals and has ighalo and iheanacho as their top strikers, you must set the team ablaze in your few minutes or will be dropped
3) onyekuru: prior to his injuries, he was invited and played 2 games for us and didnt perform anything worthy of displacing iwobi, Victor Moses, simon Moses and Ahmed Musa. If you want to walk into a proven team, you have to put in top notch performances in your few minutes or you will be dropped
4) Enyeama: publicly retired from super eagles in a time of need and rohr set a criteria for him to be considered
A) play for your team consistently. He totally failed to meet the minimum criteria and rightfully wasn’t considered. Let’s stop with this enyeama hype because he play d at both 2002 and 2002 and we ended up with 1 point. I highly doubt we can do worse than 2002, 2010

5) Efe Ambrose: no chance

6) junior ajayi: you were invited to a friendly 1 month in advance and couldn’t handle your visa related issues
Last edited by john12 on Fri May 18, 2018 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Many players, limited positions. Life is full of regrets but lessoned by making as honest decisions as you can.
Last edited by pajimoh on Thu May 17, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We all know what this thread is all about. Shameless theives!

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Aren’t all you Shameless Agents tired of your crooked ways?
2, nwakaeme: he was invited and didn’t really set ablaze the team with top notch performances. A team that isn’t lacking in goals and has ighalo and iheanacho as their top strikers, you must set the team ablaze in your few minutes or will be dropped
3) onyekuru: prior to his injuries, he was invited and played 2 games for us and don’t do anything worthy of displacing iwobi, Victor Moses, simon Moses and Ahmed Musa. If you want to walk into a proven team, you have to put in top notch performances in your few minutes or you will be dropped
4) Enyeama: publicly retired from super eagles in a time of need and rohr set a criteria for him to be considered
A) play for your team consistently. He totally failed to meet the minimum criteria and rightfully wasn’t considered. Let’s stop with this enyeama hype because he play d at both 2002 and 2002 and we ended up with 1 point. I highly doubt we can do worse than 2002, 2010

6) junior ajayi: you were invited to a friendly 1 month in advance and couldn’t handle your visa related issues
From reports (goal.com) I think Junior made the Serbia game, seems Rohr just wasn't impressed.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

3) onyekuru: prior to his injuries, he was invited and played 2 games for us and don’t do anything worthy of displacing iwobi, Victor Moses, simon Moses and Ahmed Musa. If you want to walk into a proven team, you have to put in top notch performances in your few minutes or you will be dropped

john12, you are rapidly descending into the chasm pioneered by danfo driver which is a one-way direction headed to a cul de sac. Unlike the ribald shallowness of shouting " Agent! Agent!" the Cybereagles forum we have nurtured over the years prides itself on exchange of football information, ideas, news and statistics on primarily Nigerian football players and other associated information relevant to Nigerian football. The author of the article, Ed Dove, is a respected journalist, fan of the Super Eagles and member of this forum. Goal.com is also a respectable online publication with other great contributors like Solace Chukwu. The provisional list of the Super Eagles to Russia is a topical issue. The list has been submitted to FIFA, and is final (barring any exceptions as provided for under FIFA Rules even during the competition). So, this is only an article which is the author's opinion.I hold no literary right or license to the article. I merely viewed it as relevant to current affairs and cited my source. You have a right to differ respectfully. Other contributors have a right to offer their divergent opinions. That is the essence of healthy discourse.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

pajimoh wrote:Many players, limited positions. Life is full of regrets but lessoned by making as honest decisions as you can.
I'm sure Rohr's mind runs in like manner. Well done.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Obong wrote:

john12, you are rapidly descending into the chasm pioneered by danfo driver which is a one-way direction headed to a cul de sac. Unlike the ribald shallowness of shouting " Agent! Agent!" the Cybereagles forum we have nurtured over the years prides itself on exchange of football information, ideas, news and statistics on primarily Nigerian football players and other associated information relevant to Nigerian football. The author of the article, Ed Dove, is a respected journalist, fan of the Super Eagles and member of this forum. Goal.com is also a respectable online publication with other great contributors like Solace Chukwu. The provisional list of the Super Eagles to Russia is a topical issue. The list has been submitted to FIFA, and is final (barring any exceptions as provided for under FIFA Rules even during the competition). So, this is only an article which is the author's opinion.I hold no literary right or license to the article. I merely viewed it as relevant to current affairs and cited my source. You have a right to differ respectfully. Other contributors have a right to offer their divergent opinions. That is the essence of healthy discourse.
John has nothing to contribute to this forum. You're better off ignoring or blocking him.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Obong wrote:

John has nothing to contribute to this forum. You're better off ignoring or blocking him.

As opposed to Oblong Head Itatex who was trying to smuggle a crooked criminal into our Super Eagles??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Wht do I expect from Stevieeeeee Gerrraaaaarrdddd slave! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo is another one who adds little value to the forum other than calling people agents and going from thread to thread and exposing his hard on for Enyeama. Nobody should think for a second that danfo dislikes Enyeama - it's quite the opposite. It's an infatuation. :lol:

danfo take time. You'll be into your next username by the time I've finished you. :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Is Junior Ajayi way better than Nacho or any of our wingers to warrant displacing them? NO

is 50% fit Henry Onyekuru that has played for 5months better than an inform Simon MOses? NO

Is an Enyeama that hasnt played competitive football this season as effective as even Akpeyi? NO. We dont want a rufai of 98

Is old man Efe Ambrose far better than anyone on our defense line? NO
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Id rather taker enyeama than Akpeyi
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

My five:

Dele Aiyenugha
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Nwakali
Abdul Ajagun
Kayode Olanrewaju
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Rohr's list was very good.

The only swap I'd have made was Femi Thomas for Akpeyi & Ajiboye.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

maceo4 wrote:

From reports (goal.com) I think Junior made the Serbia game, seems Rohr just wasn't impressed.
Rohr brought Junior Ajayi into the Serbia game just as the final whistle was about to be blown. Dude warmed up on the sidelines throughout the match. Says it all, I think.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

No regrets, we can't pick more than 23, so so e players will have to be left out...

It's time we move past these distractions and focus on gelling the boys together for a successful Mundial

Is Ed Dove expecting us to have a poor world cup just to prove his point, abeg which kind question be "May Rohr regret..."
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Every Nigerian will have their own 5 players who they feel were regrettably left out.

Nwakeme didn’t come to the table with anything special. At this level you have to do that. Joel Obi walked into the team and immediately displayed his credentials. Onyekuru for all his exploits did not hit the ground running and has established forerunners in his position. His recent injury put paid to any glimmer of chance he had.

Magnet is still a decent keeper, but you will have to be a heavy gambler to take a goalkeeper to the biggest show on earth, who has not played competitive football for several months. That makes a mockery of squad selection. Note he has not featured under Rohr, so he will be less inclined to take the risk.

It’s laughable mentioning Lookman. Were the NFF meant to drug him and drag him to Nigeria to play for the SE. The boy has declared that he has no interest playing for Nigeria, just as Tammy Abraham.

I won’t even bother to say anything about Ambrose..
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Obong wrote:While Nwakaeme's inclusion on Rohr's omission list is debatable due to the logically and strategically sound invitation of Simeon Nwankwo, and Lookman has not really shown a desire to be part of the Super Eagles. However, the other three are bases for plausible argument in my opinion. Honestly, Rohr could not have satisfied all manner and shades of opinions considering the sheer number of qualified and talented Nigerian players available for selection.
Kayode or Ajayi should have been there in place of Simeon. It makes a lie of the "I only use players I have seen play".
This is just another case of Nwofor and Uchebo. I hope he doesn't make the squad.
Akpeyi has NO business being invited. He has been atrocious at every given opportunity.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Obong wrote:

I agree with your general premise with the exception of goal.com being a respectable site. Goal is a junk football site.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Efe??? is he serious?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
Obong wrote:While Nwakaeme's inclusion on Rohr's omission list is debatable due to the logically and strategically sound invitation of Simeon Nwankwo, and Lookman has not really shown a desire to be part of the Super Eagles. However, the other three are bases for plausible argument in my opinion. Honestly, Rohr could not have satisfied all manner and shades of opinions considering the sheer number of qualified and talented Nigerian players available for selection.
Kayode or Ajayi should have been there in place of Simeon. It makes a lie of the "I only use players I have seen play".
This is just another case of Nwofor and Uchebo. I hope he doesn't make the squad.
Akpeyi has NO business being invited. He has been atrocious at every given opportunity.

Did he really say that? I recall reading that he was going to stick to his "core players" but also admitted that one or two players could make the team if he felt he needed to strengthen the squad.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

For me, the only glaring omission is Efe Ambrose. He is better than anyone we have playing his position. Onyekuru really didn’t get a chance to prove he is fit and you can’t blame Rhor for that. As for the rest, much ado about nothing. I think Rhor’s list is a very good one :!:

Cheers.