Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Release List for Athletico Friendly

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:This is a good test for our third string team. I pray our selected players do us proud. The selection was based on merit.
But there are no 3SC players on the list... :sneaky:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Post by maceo4 »

Training has started

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can one of you lawyers please clarify the legal position for us first please. It is not clear whether these lists are legally binding in any way. Fifa has not said anything about the matter.
You are given a deadline to submit a preliminary list from which you can select your 23 players. You can only use players from that list and once that list is submitted, anyone not on it cannot go to the World Cup.

Team building is a process that takes years. It is not a last minute "let's put the 11 players we think are the best now based on club performances". You only do that when you DON'T have a team. Rohr already has his team. The same team that qualified for the world cup from the toughest qualifying group in Africa.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Orion wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can one of you lawyers please clarify the legal position for us first please. It is not clear whether these lists are legally binding in any way. Fifa has not said anything about the matter.
You are given a deadline to submit a preliminary list from which you can select your 23 players. You can only use players from that list and once that list is submitted, anyone not on it cannot go to the World Cup.

Team building is a process that takes years. It is not a last minute "let's put the 11 players we think are the best now based on club performances". You only do that when you DON'T have a team. Rohr already has his team. The same team that qualified for the world cup from the toughest qualifying group in Africa.

Is this the legally binding position on the matter? I am asking because I want to be certain that none of the teams can now call up a player not on these preliminary lists. If what you are saying is right, no player who is not on any of those lists of 30,35 or 23 can feature in the World Cup.

If what you are saying is right, does this mean that even if a player suffers an injury, he cannot be replaced from outside these lists? For instance, Gareth Southgate has named his three goalkeepers. If one pulls out with injury, does it mean he can no longer call up Joe Hart?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria Release List for Athletico Friendly

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:Kelechi Nwakali called up...
Ayo Akinfe finally gets his wish! :D

Meanwhile, Eduok will be a waste of space..
While Okechukwu Azubuike should have been invited.

I will be looking to see how her performs. If nothing else, we need to know how far he has advanced as a player since his U17 days. With Mikel almost certain to retire from international football after the World Cup, a lot rests on this young man's shoulders.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is this the legally binding position on the matter? I am asking because I want to be certain that none of the teams can now call up a player not on these preliminary lists. If what you are saying is right, no player who is not on any of those lists of 30,35 or 23 can feature in the World Cup.

If what you are saying is right, does this mean that even if a player suffers an injury, he cannot be replaced from outside these lists? For instance, Gareth Southgate has named his three goalkeepers. If one pulls out with injury, does it mean he can no longer call up Joe Hart?
It is legally binding because it's a regulation you sign up for when you decide to participate in the World Cup. Teams that named 23 players also named a list of alternatives to cover for any injuries. A specific provision is made for goalkeepers only. You can replace an injured goalkeeper right up to the start of the competition.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

wAyo trying to pass off his fantasy as reality. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theYemster wrote:wAyo trying to pass off his fantasy as reality. :)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

please can someone else break the rules down as a 10 pointer? maybe it will sink in that format.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Orion wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is this the legally binding position on the matter? I am asking because I want to be certain that none of the teams can now call up a player not on these preliminary lists. If what you are saying is right, no player who is not on any of those lists of 30,35 or 23 can feature in the World Cup.

It is legally binding because it's a regulation you sign up for when you decide to participate in the World Cup. Teams that named 23 players also named a list of alternatives to cover for any injuries. A specific provision is made for goalkeepers only. You can replace an injured goalkeeper right up to the start of the competition.
I'm pretty certain this applies to any player that suffers a serious injury and not just goalkeepers. and its 24 hours before a teams first match.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

anointed wrote:
Olufemi Kayode (Lobi Stars)
Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United)
Olufemi Thomas (Rangers International)
:thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
Musa Muhammed (Lokomotiv Plovdiv)
Stanley Okorom (MFM FC)
Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars)
Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba FC)
Adeleye Olamilekan (FC IfeanyiUbah)
Austin Opara (MFM FC)
Isiaka Oladuntoye (Enyimba FC)
Chinedu Ajana (Katsina United)
Raphael Ayagwa (Plateau United)
Destiny Ashadi (Katsina United)
Kelechi Nwakali (MVV Maastricht, Netherlands)
Alhassan Ibrahim (FK Austrian Wien)
Chidiebere Nwakali (Aberdeen FC, Scotland)
Usman Mohammed (Norway)
Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars)
Emem Eduok (Kasimpasa FC, Turkey)
Sadiq Umar (NAC Breda, Netherlands)
Tosin Omoyele (Plateau United)
Kadiri Samadi (Lobi Stars)
Ibrahim Alhassan (Kano Pillars).

Only one Superstar can't save this squad.......
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

metalalloy wrote:
Orion wrote:

I'm pretty certain this applies to any player that suffers a serious injury and not just goalkeepers. and its 24 hours before a teams first match.
The point is, you can't name a replacement player from outside the standby list but you can do that for the keeper.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Orion wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Orion wrote:

The point is, you can't name a replacement player from outside the standby list but you can do that for the keeper.
Yes you can. You can name a replacement player from anywhere if you have to replace someone on the final 23 on the account of serious injury before you have played your first game. Which is why in my first response to ayo, I said, there is a slim chance ayo can get Nwakali or whomever he is pinning for on the wc squad, but someone has to undergo a serious injury.

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Why is Simi Nwankwo and Lokossa not playing in this game?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: JJC
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am at a loss here so need some educating. What is the point trying out all these players if they are not going to be part of the World Cup squad?

Maybe I have not been following the argument and have missed the issue here but for me, this game should have been about trying out a few players to see if they are good enough to go to Russia. If anyone excels in this match, will Rohr be allowed to add them to his 30-man squad?

Those of you in the know, please help me out here.
Long term :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

metalalloy wrote:

Which one is "legally binding"? Are you asking if a member can sue to force FIFA to accept a change to the provisional list after the May 14 deadline? What needs to be cleared up?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I swear some people are just something else.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

When is this game? JAs better not fail us or else...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:When is this game? JAs better not fail us or else...
Tomorrow at 1pm EST

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Will we be able to watch it anywhere?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

marutimon wrote:Will we be able to watch it anywhere?
BeIN Sports in the US...
Which means likely to be found online.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anointed wrote:
Olufemi Kayode (Lobi Stars)
Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United)
Olufemi Thomas (Rangers International)
Musa Muhammed (Lokomotiv Plovdiv)
Stanley Okorom (MFM FC)
Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars)
Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba FC)
Adeleye Olamilekan (FC IfeanyiUbah)
Austin Opara (MFM FC)
Isiaka Oladuntoye (Enyimba FC)
Chinedu Ajana (Katsina United)
Raphael Ayagwa (Plateau United)
Destiny Ashadi (Katsina United)
Kelechi Nwakali (MVV Maastricht, Netherlands)
Alhassan Ibrahim (FK Austrian Wien)
Chidiebere Nwakali (Aberdeen FC, Scotland)
Usman Mohammed (Norway)
Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars)
Emem Eduok (Kasimpasa FC, Turkey)
Sadiq Umar (NAC Breda, Netherlands)
Tosin Omoyele (Plateau United)
Kadiri Samadi (Lobi Stars)
Ibrahim Alhassan (Kano Pillars).
Saw this boy last year playing for Lobi against Rangers and tipped him for great things....he is living up to it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote:
This isn't the squad for the Atletico game.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
This isn't the squad for the Atletico game.
Enjoy sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!