Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Post by metalalloy »

Where is that mumu you people call Mcal? is this still made up news that gullible people on the computer fall for and post on CE?

onuku kafanchan :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal's Kelechi Nwakali may make World Cup squad after being invited for Atletico Madrid friendly - See more at: https://goo.gl/rtDev6

Story... :lol:

Well, I suppose he does have a shot at making it if he is called up as a replacement due to a serious injury to a player on the final 23 man squad.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kalani JR wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal's Kelechi Nwakali may make World Cup squad after being invited for Atletico Madrid friendly - See more at: https://goo.gl/rtDev6
This is false, he isn't in the preliminary squad so he clearly isn't going to the World Cup; especially not off a single exhibition game against what will likely be a reserve team. You guys have watched at least four World Cup and followed Nigeria and other team preparations for them, you should know how these things work by now.
Is there any Fifa rule which prevents an FA from calling up any new player ahead of the start of the tournament? As far as I am aware, until the tournament itself starts and you register your official 23, all these lists are provisional. I may be wrong but I am hoping that Rohr may have opted for a list of 30 to give him room to add an additional five players.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
This is false, he isn't in the preliminary squad so he clearly isn't going to the World Cup; especially not off a single exhibition game against what will likely be a reserve team. You guys have watched at least four World Cup and followed Nigeria and other team preparations for them, you should know how these things work by now.
Is there any Fifa rule which prevents an FA from calling up any new player ahead of the start of the tournament? As far as I am aware, until the tournament itself starts and you register your official 23, all these lists are provisional. I may be wrong but I am hoping that Rohr may have opted for a list of 30 to give him room to add an additional five players.
I dont believe that is the case. There was a hard deadline of May 14 to submit a provisional list. We had the option of submitting 35, but only submitted 30. After that deadline, the final 23 man squad must come from that 30 man provisional list that we submitted.

The only option to make a change is within 24 hours before the kick off of our first match due to a serious injury to a player on the 23 man squad. Such replacement does not need to come from the provisional list.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
It is not mandatory but that he was not selected says enough. I don't think Rohr will even oversee this friendly game, so Nwakali probably isn't even in his immediate plans.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am at a loss here so need some educating. What is the point trying out all these players if they are not going to be part of the World Cup squad?

Maybe I have not been following the argument and have missed the issue here but for me, this game should have been about trying out a few players to see if they are good enough to go to Russia. If anyone excels in this match, will Rohr be allowed to add them to his 30-man squad?

Those of you in the know, please help me out here.
I think FIFA restriction coupled with planning for the future is the main reason for these call ups.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If you are going invite someone. He must play in the friendlies. Nwankwo must play all 90 against Dr Congo.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Can one of you lawyers please clarify the legal position for us first please. It is not clear whether these lists are legally binding in any way. Fifa has not said anything about the matter.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Why is Opkotu not on that list; is this a coed list
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can one of you lawyers please clarify the legal position for us first please. It is not clear whether these lists are legally binding in any way. Fifa has not said anything about the matter.

Which one is "legally binding"? Are you asking if a member can sue to force FIFA to accept a change to the provisional list after the May 14 deadline? What needs to be cleared up?

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can one of you lawyers please clarify the legal position for us first please. It is not clear whether these lists are legally binding in any way. Fifa has not said anything about the matter.
Kelechi Nwakili will lead Nigeria to Qatar 2022.

:thumbs:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

metalalloy wrote:

Which one is "legally binding"? Are you asking if a member can sue to force FIFA to accept a change to the provisional list after the May 14 deadline? What needs to be cleared up?
Is the list still fluid until June 16?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Players will be selected from what is on the list, should one of the players be injured or forced leave the tournament before the game against Croatia, we can choose any Nigerian player to replace him. The article you posted suggested that Nwakali had a chance to play at the World Cup, he has a "chance" just like you have a chance or any of the players on that squad, as all of you are eligible. It is however very clear that is not what is going to happen, as their inclusion in that squad [which probably was a league/nff selection and not Rohr's] and not on the list of 30 means that they are not in consideration for Russia.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

No. The provisional list was locked on May 14. The final 23 must be picked from that list. If after we have selected a 23 man squad, we get a serious injury, we have until 24 hours before i first game to replace that player. That replacement player can come from anywhere (i.e. you are not restricted to the provisional list).

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Nigeria Release List for Athletico Friendly

Post by 1naija »

Junior Allies dominate List :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:

Super Eagles squad for Atletico Madrid friendly announced [Full list]

Published May 18, 2018

By Ifreke Inyang 
http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/18/super-ea ... full-list/

Nigeria’s squad for Tuesday’s friendly with newly-crowned Europa League champions, Atletico Madrid, has been announced.

Super Eagles’ B Head Coach, Salisu Yusuf, has invited 23 players, among them highly–rated Plateau United striker Tosin Omoyele and Katsina United defender, Destiny Ashadi.

Akwa United FC goalkeeper Olorunleke Ojo, Enyimba FC forward Isiaka Oladuntoye, FC IfeanyiUbah defender Adeleye Olamilekan and Lobi Stars’ duo of Olufemi Kayode and Ebube Duru have also been called up.

A sprinkle of foreign–based players, including Alhassan Ibrahim, former U17 World Cup–winning captain Musa Muhammed and the Nwakali brothers (Chidiebere and Kelechi) are also included.

All invited players are expected to arrive at the Bolton White Apartments Hotel, Abuja on Friday, May 18, before the contingent moves to Uyo at the weekend.

INVITED PLAYERS

Olufemi Kayode (Lobi Stars)

Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United)

Olufemi Thomas (Rangers International)

Musa Muhammed (Lokomotiv Plovdiv)

Stanley Okoroma (MFM FC)

Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars)

Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba FC)

Adeleye Olamilekan (FC IfeanyiUbah)

Austin Opara (MFM FC)

Isiaka Oladuntoye (Enyimba FC)

Chinedu Ajana (Katsina United)

Raphael Ayagwa (Plateau United)

Destiny Ashadi (Katsina United)

Kelechi Nwakali (MVV Maastricht, Netherlands)

Alhassan Ibrahim (FK Austrian Wien)

Chidiebere Nwakali (Aberdeen FC, Scotland)

Usman Mohammed (Norway)

Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars)

Emem Eduok (Kasimpasa FC, Turkey)

Sadiq Umar (NAC Breda, Netherlands)

Tosin Omoyele (Plateau United)

Kadiri Samadi (Lobi Stars)

DON'T MISS: Download DailyPost Android app and earn unlimited free Airtime

Ibrahim Alhassan (Kano Pillars)
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria Release List for Athletico Friendly

Post by 1naija »

This is a good test for our third string team. I pray our selected players do us proud. The selection was based on merit.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Partey vs Ndidi
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they do have some promising players in the squad
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

***************************************SADIQ UMAR******************************************

EDUOK*************************************************************************AL HASSAN

**************************************KELECHI**********************************************

***************************NWAKALI****************USMAIN************************************

INTERESTING
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

I am wondering what happened to the likes of: Isaac Success, Taiwo, Osimehn, Animodu, and those other players that won the U-17 World cup?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Igugu: Taiwo had a bad injury that rules him out for the season
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Kelechi Nwakali called up...
Ayo Akinfe finally gets his wish! :D

Meanwhile, Eduok will be a waste of space..
While Okechukwu Azubuike should have been invited.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat May 19, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Igugu wrote:I am wondering what happened to the likes of: Isaac Success, Taiwo, Osimehn, Animodu, and those other players that won the U-17 World cup?
Reports out of Liverpool is that because several WC players will be rest in preseason, Taiwo will be on the squad to tour the US during the preseason but is most likely going on another loan deal next season.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL