Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Post by anointed »

Olufemi Kayode (Lobi Stars)
Olorunleke Ojo (Akwa United)
Olufemi Thomas (Rangers International)
Musa Muhammed (Lokomotiv Plovdiv)
Stanley Okorom (MFM FC)
Ebube Duru (Lobi Stars)
Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba FC)
Adeleye Olamilekan (FC IfeanyiUbah)
Austin Opara (MFM FC)
Isiaka Oladuntoye (Enyimba FC)
Chinedu Ajana (Katsina United)
Raphael Ayagwa (Plateau United)
Destiny Ashadi (Katsina United)
Kelechi Nwakali (MVV Maastricht, Netherlands)
Alhassan Ibrahim (FK Austrian Wien)
Chidiebere Nwakali (Aberdeen FC, Scotland)
Usman Mohammed (Norway)
Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars)
Emem Eduok (Kasimpasa FC, Turkey)
Sadiq Umar (NAC Breda, Netherlands)
Tosin Omoyele (Plateau United)
Kadiri Samadi (Lobi Stars)
Ibrahim Alhassan (Kano Pillars).
Last edited by anointed on Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Eagles X team to face Atletico Madrid

Post by Ugbowo »

I love the idea they are working with for this game. I do wish more fringe players were added.....

Kayode
Success
Onyekuru
Nwobodo
Ifeanyi Matthew.

But this is good too.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Post by vancity eagle »

game is on Beinsports live.

Ayo must be wetting his pants with excitement at the prospect of watching Kelechi Nwakali.

On the other hand if Sadiq Umar is fit enough for this, there is no reason he was overlooked for Jr. Nwokosa in the main squad.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why is Simi Nwankwo and Lokossa not playing in this game?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Eagles X team to face Atletico Madrid

Post by mystic »

Ugbowo wrote:I love the idea they are working with for this game. I do wish more fringe players were added.....

Kayode
Success
Onyekuru
Nwobodo
Ifeanyi Matthew.

But this is good too.

I read somewhere that Ifeanyi Matthew's club stopped him from honoring an invitation. I would have liked to have seen Kingsley Sokari given a chance in his place but this is a really good mix of Super Eagles hopefuls.

Also, I don't think that this is the type of game for the likes of Kayode, Success and Onyekuru since they are already in the national team mix. But a newbie like Nwobodo wouldn'thave been a bad choice.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:Why is Simi Nwankwo and Lokossa not playing in this game?

Per FIFA rules mandating a period of rest for players named on the provisional roster, these players aren't eligible for this game.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:game is on Beinsports live.

Ayo must be wetting his pants with excitement at the prospect of watching Kelechi Nwakali.

On the other hand if Sadiq Umar is fit enough for this, there is no reason he was overlooked for Jr. Nwokosa in the main squad.
I quite agree with you on Sadiq. But what's done is done. Sadiq will get his opportunity with the Super Eagles in due course, while Lokosa gets the chance to prove that he can step up to another level.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

:thumbs: Kelechi Nwakali got invited
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ogasir wrote::thumbs: Kelechi Nwakali got invited
Mennn Ayo get strong handshake o lol.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

This team should have 2 full scrimmages with two 15 man teams from the 30 man shortlist over 2 days. (4-3-3 lineup)

Thomas

Musa Moh'd Adeleye (1Naija's nephew's brother) Duru Etim or Nwakili Snr

Ojo

K. Nwakili Alhassan

Eduok Omoyele

Umar
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am guessing that some of these players will be in camp to play against DR Congo.

Due to the new FIFA rule that stipulates players must rest 10 days after their last match means that players like Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo, Joel, Nwankwo, Idowu and others will be ineligible.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/i ... ghalo-out/

I am sure we may see the likes of Sadiq Umar, Nwakali perhaps play against DR Congo as well. Shame if they end up doing well.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

vancity eagle wrote: On the other hand if Sadiq Umar is fit enough for this, there is no reason he was overlooked for Jr. Nwokosa in the main squad.
Nigerian team selection is very biased.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

What about that exciting new kid on the block that blew up barely two years ago?
Was snapped up by an Egyptian club I think.
Played for Enugu Rangers.
Abeg somebody help me. I don forget him name....Chi-something.
Where him dey?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:What about that exciting new kid on the block that blew up barely two years ago?
Where him dey?
Only those who don't watch the league (but see 30 second highlights) thought Chisom Chikatara was all that.

He was OK, & hopefully he makes decent money in a mid-level league somewhere.
Last edited by truetalk on Fri May 18, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

smartbrother wrote:
vancity eagle wrote: On the other hand if Sadiq Umar is fit enough for this, there is no reason he was overlooked for Jr. Nwokosa in the main squad.
Nigerian team selection is very biased.
So, Junior Lokosa who halfway into the season has already scored more goals, than everyone else (except about 5) h as done in a full season is a biased selection.

Are you guys talking about Sadiq Umar. The same one that can barely keep his balance while running.
But for one Gabriel Okolosi, he would have taken the record for the falling Nigerian footballer.

Please Simmy has taken whatever chance Sadiq should have, and it is deserved, as is Lokosa's invitation.

What he is doing this season is unprecedented. He deserved an opportunity to be looked at.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am at a loss here so need some educating. What is the point trying out all these players if they are not going to be part of the World Cup squad?

Maybe I have not been following the argument and have missed the issue here but for me, this game should have been about trying out a few players to see if they are good enough to go to Russia. If anyone excels in this match, will Rohr be allowed to add them to his 30-man squad?

Those of you in the know, please help me out here.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:What about that exciting new kid on the block that blew up barely two years ago?
Where him dey?
Only those who don't watch the league (but see 30 second highlights) thought Chisom Chikatara was all that.

He was OK, & hopefully he makes decent money in a mid-level league somewhere.
That's the guy.
Thanks.
You're obviously not impressed by him but the hype wasn't from internet viewers alone.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am at a loss here so need some educating. What is the point trying out all these players if they are not going to be part of the World Cup squad?

Maybe I have not been following the argument and have missed the issue here but for me, this game should have been about trying out a few players to see if they are good enough to go to Russia. If anyone excels in this match, will Rohr be allowed to add them to his 30-man squad?

We have to also plan long term. Kelechi Nwakili is the future. This game is for agents to promote their clients.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am at a loss here so need some educating. What is the point trying out all these players if they are not going to be part of the World Cup squad?

Doesn't the NFF and Nigerian Premier League have an agreement with La Liga for there to be some games like this? Not everything the NFF does right now has to involve the World Cup, we already have friendlies set up for that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kalani JR wrote:

Doesn't the NFF and Nigerian Premier League have an agreement with La Liga for there to be some games like this? Not everything the NFF does right now has to involve the World Cup, we already have friendlies set up for that.
:thumb:
That is what all this seems to be about...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Arsenal's Kelechi Nwakali may make World Cup squad after being invited for Atletico Madrid friendly - See more at: https://goo.gl/rtDev6
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal's Kelechi Nwakali may make World Cup squad after being invited for Atletico Madrid friendly - See more at: https://goo.gl/rtDev6
This is false, he isn't in the preliminary squad so he clearly isn't going to the World Cup; especially not off a single exhibition game against what will likely be a reserve team. You guys have watched at least four World Cup and followed Nigeria and other team preparations for them, you should know how these things work by now.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal's Kelechi Nwakali may make World Cup squad after being invited for Atletico Madrid friendly - See more at: https://goo.gl/rtDev6
He will be needed for the games after the world cup. Qatar 2022 should be the goal right now.