Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Super Eagles Team X to Face Atletico Madrid

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Is the Atletico game in Uyo or Port Harcourt? We are getting conflicting reports.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is the Atletico game in Uyo or Port Harcourt? We are getting conflicting reports.
They landed in Uyo, are staying at the hotel in Uyo.

Maybe they'll make the 3 hour drive on gameday to PH, just to justify these conflicting reports you are getting.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is the Atletico game in Uyo or Port Harcourt? We are getting conflicting reports.

Maybe they'll make the 3 hour drive on gameday to PH, just to justify these conflicting reports you are getting.
The WC team is also camping in Uyo but their game is in PHC, but the Athletico game is in Uyo.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

The WC team is also camping in Uyo but their game is in PHC, but the Athletico game is in Uyo.

According to some reports, the two teams even trained together.

Now I wonder if we may see some crossover of players between the Atletico and DR Congo match.

For instance I would let one of our 4 WC keepers play today's match if they are in camp. Ezenwa is in camp and I would test him in this match.

Now what is with this 10 day rest rule ? Is it 10 days without training , or 10 days without playing a match ? Because if it is the former, then why have our main squad started training ?

And if it is the latter, well that doesn't really make sense as a "rest period" if you aren't really resting.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eagles camp opens in Uyo as B team prepares to face Atletico Madrid later on today - See more at: https://goo.gl/oF1ijj

Let us come back here to debate after the game tonight. I want everyone to watch Nwakali and come back here with their honest opinions. We have not seen him for such a while, so cannot really give an honest valuation of his form, so I really hope he is given 90 minutes today so we can have a proper assessment.

You all know my stance. Rohr should have called him up to assess him. If he is up to scratch add him to the squad, if not drop him. That sounds like common sense to me but hey, I am an outsider, so Rohr may have watched him closely already before making his decisions.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Quite frankly any standouts. Maybe up to 3 or 4 players should be invited to train and travel with the main squad, and if anybody really shines, well then ..........

That would be my position.

Also we should have called up more players like, Azuibikwe, Kalu, Awoniyi, Olayinka, Success, Onyekuru, Imoh, Nura Abdullahi, Matthew.
oceanboy
Egg
Egg

Post by oceanboy »

The game is scheduled for Uyo. PH will host SE vs Congo DR
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:
1naija wrote:When is this game? JAs better not fail us or else...
Tomorrow at 1pm EST

Thanks Uncle!

Guys, which of these should we do to Junior Allies if they lose this game?

1. Move them to Benin Republic
2. Confine them to playing regional soccer among themselves so they won't ever have the chance to embarrass us again.
3. Send them a foreign coach from Biafra to show them how to increase their percentage of the SE?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Abeg make una post links of the game today thanks
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates