Why Rohr picked Nwankwo ahead of Kayode, Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Why Rohr picked Nwankwo ahead of Kayode, Ajayi

Post by nanijoe »

Senior Uncle no vex oh!! I sabi say ya generation no dey understand yoot music
1naija wrote:
nanijoe wrote:Thank me later...
Cellular wrote:
Purity wrote:Simi is very good..
:source:
[/video]

Uncle, you go act your age? :rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

smartbrother wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
kali wrote:He has one striking advantage - HEIGHT. Lots of midgets in the Argentine defence.

Can u name a top 50 striker that's as tall as he is?
Most of his goals are poached
I dont think he has scored any headed goals this season
He is a big lad yes but he cannot bully defenders like Sadiq Umar does
nor does he have Umar's speed or skills
if Sadiq or any of the named players had the same season as Simy - poor season with a flurry of poached goals at the end- they would not have been considered at this late stage
the bar for selection is lower for certain players than others
Tami Abraham scores poached goals but many cried when he chose England!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

miky wrote:Judge for yourself

Simi Vs Ideye

[/video]

[/video]
It's all about CURRENT FORM...............................Simy in Ideye out.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The player i see there scored all manner of goals, poached, created his own goals and headers as well. He looks a standard number 9 whos is expected to make his presence felt in the box. For his size he has good movements. Although i have decided not to rely solely on you tube clips to judge a player fit for Super Eagles, but i see some potentials in that guy. His best goal for me was not the flip...it was one where he came out of the box received the ball and did one to one pass to set himself free for goal.

All also see his calmness in one v one situation with keepers, perhaps one of the most difficult position to score, there was one he clipped the keeper, a good goal. He scored about 4 headers, so we know he can score with his head even if he has not done this year going by smartbrother. I did not see enough to know how well he can hold his own against tough and big defenders. The way Umar topples over easily i find annoying. If you are big, you are supposed to put the fear of God in defenders. You are supposed to make them think twice before coming near you, that hesitation is what is needed to put the defence into trouble.

I wont say he is good enough to make the team or not, but if he does it would be just as Toyin Ibitoye has said, they have scouted him over time and are satisfied he can bring something on board. It is obvious what that value is...his height and decent ability, our team needs some size. Every time i look at our team, i cannot help but think they are the junior team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho