This is why Pep got rid of Nacho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: This is why Pep got rid of Nacho

Post by Rawlings »

ANC wrote:
Rawlings wrote:NACHO is the best Naija striker today, despite him many flaws
My only fear is that he'll fail on the world biggest stage, because he's a player that depends very much on a creative midfield

Are you the same person as Lolly?
Yes, why?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

bully12 wrote:I don't about all these accolades on Kelechi , Onyekuru surpasses him all facets of soccer. He is the only world class player in horizon for Nigeria meantime. I hope he moves away from Belgium as quickly as possible . Invariably he has transcended that league, unfortunately they are applying all tactic human possible to bring him down to their level. I hope he will never ever play for stupid Rohr again even if he has to quit international soccer.
Onyekuru is possibly a better dribbler. That is where the comparison ends. I have watched Onyekuru enough to know that he needs to work well within a team structure. He needs to use his dribbling skills to help his team. He is on the selfish side. He is young, so he will improve. A player in Rohrs team has to think of the team first and works hard defensively. Onyekuru lacks that at the moment. I remember his Champions League game against PSG. The only thing of note in that game was how he nutmegged Dani Alves, yet his team lost 4-0. The present Nigerian team model is predicated on a team-oriented structure. Onyekuru of the present doesn't fit that model. Hopefully, he will improve that facet of his game.
Ihenacho is a team player, efficient finisher and has a good touch(contrary to his detractors). If Mikel, Iwobi, and Etebo create the chances, he will convert most of them. That I am certain. I don't need Pep's approval to know of the quality of Ihenacho. Out of curiosity, does anyone know any African player Pep has brought to his team(bought from another club)? I don't know of any... He worked with African players already at the club before his arrival.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

highbury wrote:
bully12 wrote:I don't about all these accolades on Kelechi , Onyekuru surpasses him all facets of soccer. He is the only world class player in horizon for Nigeria meantime. I hope he moves away from Belgium as quickly as possible . Invariably he has transcended that league, unfortunately they are applying all tactic human possible to bring him down to their level. I hope he will never ever play for stupid Rohr again even if he has to quit international soccer.
Onyekuru is possibly a better dribbler. That is where the comparison ends. I have watched Onyekuru enough to know that he needs to work well within a team structure. He needs to use his dribbling skills to help his team. He is on the selfish side. He is young, so he will improve. A player in Rohrs team has to think of the team first and works hard defensively. Onyekuru lacks that at the moment. I remember his Champions League game against PSG. The only thing of note in that game was how he nutmegged Dani Alves, yet his team lost 4-0. The present Nigerian team model is predicated on a team-oriented structure. Onyekuru of the present doesn't fit that model. Hopefully, he will improve that facet of his game.
Ihenacho is a team player, efficient finisher and has a good touch(contrary to his detractors). If Mikel, Iwobi, and Etebo create the chances, he will convert most of them. That I am certain. I don't need Pep's approval to know of the quality of Ihenacho. Out of curiosity, does anyone know any African player Pep has brought to his team(bought from another club)? I don't know of any... He worked with African players already at the club before his arrival.
rohr pretty much says the highlighted in this video posted in another thread.

[/video]
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

ANC wrote:
Rawlings wrote:NACHO is the best Naija striker today, despite him many flaws
My only fear is that he'll fail on the world biggest stage, because he's a player that depends very much on a creative midfield

Are you the same person as Lolly?
Back handed compliment