Uzoho updates and highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Uzoho updates and highlights

Post by truetalk »

Updated to put his last match (before the 30 man shortlist) 1st.
This is a game in which Uzoho displays all our hopes and fears.
He is a big reason why Fabril will finish high up in the table (though they can't be promoted), with all those shut outs. He made about 5 saves in this game, but there were also about 3 incidents where he could have been punished (pushing balls into traffic after a save)
All in all, he seems like the best option for Russia. Less erratic that the other options, great size & still young enough to jump around and get down quickly with that size).
Coaches need to work on his focus and concentration. He needs to have that for 90+ minutes and on every play. That also includes remembering GK fundamentals on every play (unlike some SA based karishika)

[/video]
So Agents YoungJohn12 and Uncle 1Naija don't think we are picking on Mr. Akpeyi.

This was over this weekend, and they lost 2-0.
Level of play is probably not higher than the NPFL, but the pitches and training are certainly better.

Uzoho seems extremely reluctant to come out and close up the space in a 1v1 situation (2nd goal, also last week). In this situation, he is the anti-Ezenwa, who gets the rush of blood to the head and rushes out for balls he is not favourite to get.

[/video]
Last edited by truetalk on Wed May 16, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Uzoho updates and highlights

Post by truetalk »

From last week.

The angles don't help, so I can't say for certain, but it seems he did not challenge for a cross in his 6 yard box for the 1st goal.

Not sure what was going on with the 2nd goal. It was a breakaway, but 2 of his defenders were closing down on the guy. Why was he so far off his line? He is still young, and has a lot of good qualities, but hopefully, his coaches can drill some of these GK principles in him.

[/video]
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Poor second goal to concede in the 2nd video. Almost like he thought the ball was drifting wide...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Please for the sake of my heart muscle stop posting these, kaiii this is WC we are talking about, abeg ignorance is bliss lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Based on these videos........can we replace this guy with Ajiboye?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I will fight anyone who attempt to replace Uzoho as our first choice goalie. The guy plays in Spain for goodness sake. Rohr and I think alike so we've made up our mind. We've sent a goal keeping coach to Spain as a confirmation

Signed Mark "Dirty Rat" Roland. Formally, agent of Glen Hoddle and Brian Robson.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

He is usually caught in 2 minds between coming out and staying put. They need to work on that asap before the world cup. IMO, he is still too green but at least still better than Ezenwa at some basics. Akpeyi doesn't count. We should still try other goalies tho... the guy at Rijeka for instance.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

niyi wrote:He is usually caught in 2 minds between coming out and staying put. They need to work on that asap before the world cup. IMO, he is still too green but at least still better than Ezenwa at some basics. Akpeyi doesn't count. We should still try other goalies tho... the guy at Rijeka for instance.
Chief, the only way he can work on that between now and the world cup is to play as a field player during training.

The goalkeeping position is worrisome. I pray that na only us fans way dey worry and the worry does not translate to the team especially the defenders. I know how playing with a questionable keeper makes defending even more difficult.

BTW, I was hoping to hear the field microphone pick up audio of the players to see if he was barking instructions and arranging his backline. Like you, I think he is more fundamentally sound than the other options.

Ps., Ajiobye is my client o. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

May the best akpere win Chisos!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

lets face it Nigeria never had a world class keeper going into world cups – what we always had was just above average goalie ( Ike, Rufia and Eneyema ) Ikeme could have been our 1st above average keeper going into a WCup but nothing we can do regarding His current situation

All the handler need to do is to get Ezenwa and Uzoho up to same average level and then concentrate on the team’s strong points to cover our weakness area. Brazil never had world class keeper yet they do well at world cups – and cover their goalie as much as possible.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Against world class strikers like Aguero and Messi, there is no hiding place..
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Mr Shows wrote:Against world class strikers like Aguero and Messi, there is no hiding place..
i do not fear the known its the unknowns that scares me most.

And Playing country is completely different to playing for club – if it was same Messi should have won the World cup at least twice now – and Ozil nothing
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

walesvilla wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Against world class strikers like Aguero and Messi, there is no hiding place..

And Playing country is completely different to playing for club – if it was same Messi should have won the World cup at least twice now – and Ozil nothing
Walevilla, it was Magnet that kept the scoreline respectable in the last WC encounter with Argentina... Any half baked goalie will be exposed against world class fire power.. Right now our best option (Ezenwa) is quite jittery. A great shot stopper but his timing and positional sense is still a bit short of the mark.

Anyway Rohr will know what to do.. Hopefully he will make the right call.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

Walevilla, it was Magnet that kept the scoreline respectable in the last WC encounter with Argentina... Any half baked goalie will be exposed against world class fire power.. Right now our best option (Ezenwa) is quite jittery. A great shot stopper but his timing and positional sense is still a bit short of the mark.

the 2010 team was not that good as compared to current side - hopefully keeper will not be as exposed as we did in 2010- the more we give them something to think about upfront - less adventurous they get.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

walesvilla wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

the 2010 team was not that good as compared to current side - hopefully keeper will not be as exposed as we did in 2010- the more we give them something to think about upfront - less adventurous they get.
Even if we peg them back, we could still face a barrage of FK's and corners... Conceding cheap goals unsettles the back 4 and ultimately gives the team a tall mountain to climb.

Anyway lets see how the department shapes up in the March friendlies..
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

Even if we peg them back, we could still face a barrage of FK's and corners... Conceding cheap goals unsettles the back 4 and ultimately gives the team a tall mountain to climb.

Anyway lets see how the department shapes up in the March friendlies..
That is our natural trade mark when it comes to world stage – fight hard for our goals then concede yeye goals and can against any team at the world stage not just Argentina- this is why I hope Trous and Balogun (euro trained background) can ease worries a bit. Backed up by a similar mentality goalie
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What did the boy do wrong in the first video? The pk was good, even De Gea wouldn’t have save it. The 2nd was also a legit goal that would have beaten the best goalies. Was he supposed to rush out hoping to get the ball before his defenders had a chance to stop the attack?
OCCUPY NFF!!
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:What did the boy do wrong in the first video? The pk was good, even De Gea wouldn’t have save it. The 2nd was also a legit goal that would have beaten the best goalies. Was he supposed to rush out hoping to get the ball before his defenders had a chance to stop the attack?
He could have done more to make himself bigger to defend the second goal. He seemed to do a forward dive which is odd, maybe he slipped, who knows, but not very good keeping. Note that even if he had spread himself well enough he may not have stopped the goal but technique matters in goal keeping, especially 1v1, and can increase your chances for a save in dead certain goal opportunities.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Ezenwa is a better goalie when it comes to one on one
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

BigMuze wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:What did the boy do wrong in the first video? The pk was good, even De Gea wouldn’t have save it. The 2nd was also a legit goal that would have beaten the best goalies. Was he supposed to rush out hoping to get the ball before his defenders had a chance to stop the attack?
He could have done more to make himself bigger to defend the second goal. He seemed to do a forward dive which is odd, maybe he slipped, who knows, but not very good keeping. Note that even if he had spread himself well enough he may not have stopped the goal but technique matters in goal keeping, especially 1v1, and can increase your chances for a save in dead certain goal opportunities.
Bros, lets talk true, the whole thing looks like childs play, this is children, this is low level soccer, this is embarrassing to be proposing for a WC, but God will help us someway somehow... :woot: :biggrin:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:
BigMuze wrote:
Bros, lets talk true, the whole thing looks like childs play, this is children, this is low level soccer, this is embarrassing to be proposing for a WC, but God will help us someway somehow... :woot: :biggrin:

Lots of “children “ have punished us at the wc.Cameroun has a child keeping in that league, they won Afcon and we DNQ.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Akpeyis agents don full ground. :laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
BigMuze wrote:

Lots of “children “ have punished us at the wc.Cameroun has a child keeping in that league, they won Afcon and we DNQ.
Which Cameroonian NT goal keeper is keeping in the 3rd Division???? I just saw Fenerbache the other day they had Carlos Kameni in goal for them, Fabrice Ondoa plays for Sevilla. If anybody on CE suggested an out field player from any 3rd division team in the world, they would be laughed off the forum and probably banned. But hey, God dey :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!